Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any Townsville biodiesel people?

Greetings all,

My wife and I just moved to Townsville from Vancouver, B.C. a few months ago, and I just bought a 2000 Toyota Hilux turbodiesel about a month ago.

I'm really keen on switching to biodiesel, but since Townsville is out in the sticks, getting the basic ingredients/parts has been difficult (especially small quantities of methanol and sodium hydroxide!)

Before I sink too much money/effort into this, are there any other biodiesel producers in Townsville? There was a company called Reefuel which seems to have gone out of business.

I'm willing to buy biodiesel from backyard producers if anyone is willing to sell. Otherwise, if anyone can point me in the right direction for obtaining the necessary reagents and parts, I would be eternally grateful.

Re: Any Townsville biodiesel people?

Hey Op, Im in Townsville.

I met this gent named Stuart from North Queensland Green Fuels P/L that makes BD out at 11 Bessemer St. 0409497618. I shipped in a commercial processor awhile back.

I got to talking to him yesterday at a cafe and he got me really interested. I will be going out to see him asap but it really got me into the idea of making my own.

Getting methanol is easy out at BP Aliance @ Gurbutt and bunnings sells S.Hydroxide. But getting the oil seems harder than I thought. Seems its all bought up around town as I had a attempted at a few takeaway places today out of curiosity.

Anyway its all new to me and I will keep hacking away at it.

Comment

Working...
    X