Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mainstream media on Global Climate Change.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mainstream media on Global Climate Change.

Finally mainstream media wakes up to the reality of Global Climate Change.
    Check out tonights (Tues. Aug. 22) ABC TV Lateline.
    But still Poli's dont want to address our addiction to fossil fuel. Still they just waffle on about clean Coal fired power plants ,, and stick their heads in the sand about transport and private vehicles. Go figure??? Stick your head in the sand for long enough and eventually your gonna get it up the Arse, WITHOUT A CONDOM.
    I was in The Cross in Sydney, when the hail storm referred to (Finally) in the report, that hit the eastern suburbs in April 1999, And thats just the beginning. BRING IT ON!

Re: Mainstream media on Global Climate Change.

Originally posted by darren leonadas
    BRING IT ON!
    It's on man.We only need to kindle the fire to make the bon-fire.Moth ball effect.Honey comb networking and grass root knowledge disemmination.
    Before the whole place goes up in flames.
    Can't let that happen.
    Small Things,Big Things.
    All things start small.
    Bring it on.!!!Together!!!

Cheers
    Sauman

Comment

Originally posted by darren leonadas
      But still Poli's dont want to address our addiction to fossil fuel. Still they just waffle on about clean Coal fired power plants ,, and stick their heads in the sand about transport and private vehicles. Go figure??? Stick your head in the sand for long enough and eventually your gonna get it up the Arse, WITHOUT A CONDOM.
      Pollies are elected for short, fixed terms. What planet do you live on?

Originally posted by paranoid apocalypse loony
      I was in The Cross in Sydney, when the hail storm referred to (Finally) in the report, that hit the eastern suburbs in April 1999, And thats just the beginning. BRING IT ON!
      Yeah, bring it on dood...
      Truckdriver
      Last edited by Truckdriver; 23 August 2006, 03:33 AM.

Comment

I am a little bit worried of the coming summer fire season. Those large highs pressure systems that have been covering the contitnent for the last few months are now starting to be recognised as the start of an Elnino. No winter rains North of the Victorian Divide to Qld and record low snowfalls in the high country mean that all that dead timber from the 2003 fires is as dry as buggery. Time to update the fire insurance.

Comment

Originally posted by smokey2
          Time to update the fire insurance.
          If you actually read the predictions of some real unbiased scientific studies.
          A lot of people will have a heart attacks.

Insurance is Not a bad idea.
          But I think we are heading for a economy where even a back to back insurance will have no meaning.Unless off cource we all act now.Yes the process is slow.But small steps at a time.
          Clean green world one day.

We can only do it together.
          Cheers'
          Sauman

Comment

well folks it seems that so many people are being sucked in by the so-called global warming/ climate change. I would sugest having a look here http://www.john-daly.com/ This bloke has written a book called "the greenhouse hoax" and should be availabe in any good public library.

cheers Fantom

Comment

My favourite quote:

"Revolution never comes with a warning!"

The time to start a revolution is nigh people......
              Start writing to your local member, state or federal, write to the PM's office, ask them why we havent ratified Kyoto, ask them why we are putting money into nuclear technology instead of the cleaner alternatives.
              If you dont get a response keep writing, and write to your local member in opposition. Write to anyone that will listen. Convince your friends and family to write. If enough people convey their position the government (both state and federal) WILL have to listen. Dont be fooled though, the process will take a long time and for that time, all concerned will feel like they are beating their heads against the proverbial brick wall but we will get there eventually.

Get out there and support the revolution!!!

Regards

Adam
              Rgds

Adam

Comment

I think its too late to do anything other than protect yourself from the coming calamities. More than 40 yeasr ago the CSIRO released a document setting out the carrying capcaity of our country and determined our population should be between 10-12- million at the most. Already we have doubled that and the country has run out of water, not getting low, but we have run out. Unless there are heavy rains during the next year, all large population areas will be in diabolical situations. The biggest problmes will be for industry as it uses more than 80% of our water suppilies, irrigation and cropping will stop. Add to that increasing pollution, collapsing infrastructure and the glaring facts that it wll take at least 10 yeasr to get any new dams built and longer to get them on line, then you need to fill them and you get a good picture of our future.

The link Fathom provided is completely inacurate and out of date. I live not far from `Isle of the Dead', and know the marks he speaks of. The facts are, tidal changes there are between 1.3 and 1.9 metres, that mean water the mark is at least 20centimetres below water. Our local beaches are dissapearing and in the last 2 years, we have been getting tidal surges that fill our bays and then empty them. A climatologist down here says its just like what happens to a pot of water as it heats, first it rises a bit then falls, finally boiling over rapidly. I have just extended my below water mooring rope as the bouy is now underwater. Its only subtle changes that most don't see unless you are on the water all times. Now at king tides, our jetty deck dissapears, 3 years ago the water only got to about 50centimetres below the deck.

Write as much as you want to pollies, it won't make any difference as their priority is to keep all commoditiies within a single monopolised point of distrubution. They are already dropping solar energy subsidies as they are taking economic power and control away from the comglomerates. Thats why they push fossil fuesl, they can contrl them, but alternatives they can't control ecomnomically no matter what they do.

Comment

Nothing like a bit of positive thinking!
                  It is NEVER too late to make a change. We can, as a community, bring about change for the better if we stand together. The difference between mass opinion and industry is the human face. Industry can lobby, so can we. Industry cannot vote, WE CAN!!! Keep in mind that the politicians are in office because WE put them there, which also means that WE have the power to remove them from office! Never ever underestimate the power of disenfranchisement of the masses as a catylst for change. Also keep in mind that not all politicians are against change for the sake of sustaining the environment.
                  Most of us are here on this forum because we have a sense of social and environmental obligation (as an aside, for those making fuel themselves they also save money, even if you consider the excise). By putting a sustainable, less polluting fuel into our vehicles we have already taken the first steps in making a stand.
                  The old adage "United we stand!" is most definately applicable in this instance. The way I see this is relatively simple, we can either push our heads further into the sand, or we can bring about the revolution that is so badly needed. All we need to do is get off our backsides and make a stand. Let the government know we are not happy, let industry know we are not happy (business will listen if consumers are not happy, no customers = no money = no more business).
                  It is better to die on your feet than spend the rest of your life on your knees, which is exactly where we will be if we dont at least try to do something.

Please think about doing your bit to bring about change for the better.

Adam

Rgds

Adam

Comment

Hello, I am very new here and am in New Zealand. Any more Kiwis out there? Would like to hear from you.

Anyway, sad as I am to say it, I have to agree with what Alga said about it being too late to do anything except protect yourself etc etc. It was for that reason that I wanted to come to New Zealand over 20 years ago, didn't make it until 2003.

There is not JUST the problem of Global Warming, there is also the DEBT Time Bomb ticking away, AND not so slowly either.The politicians do not govern, the INTERNATIONAL BANKERS are the real power in countries. There is a verse in the Book of Proverbs,22:7, that says "The rich rule over the poor and the BORROWER is SLAVE to the LENDER." There are now more slaves in America than before the civil war, EXCEPT that now they are lashed by the DEBT WHIP instead of the BULL WHIP. Australia and New Zealand are also full of slaves, look at the debt (national, corporate and personal) and see for your selves. As far as politicians are concerned, how much REAL change is there whichever party(ies)is/ are in power? I came across a poem a while ago, written by a New Zealander and its title was "He who impugns the usurer imperils the state." It is heavy reading but very good, you can find it through Google if interested. We are told that the "G8 Nations" are the richest nations in the world, go and take a look at THEIR debt loads, they are the most debt ridden countries in the world. How can you be in debt and rich at the same time? Political/controlled establishment media spin is how. You are told a big lie often enough and you believe it

I have now lived in 4 countries and there has never been any real improvement in living standards despite changes of government, OK, people have "more stuff" but they are burdened down with debt in order to have it.The USA is a good example. It won't make one iota of real (positive) difference if there is a Democrat in the White House next time, the choice between Bush and Kerry last time was like the choice bewteen being hanged or shot.

I have been banging my head against the proverbial brick wall for years, I have now decided to stop and it is a pleasant sensation.

In New Zealand the "government," has no answer to the debt problem, and there never will be an answer while we are under the "Debt Money System." The government and the MTA (Motor Trade Association) seem interested only in "Bio Diesel," which, according to a professor from Cornell University ( I have the article on my computer for anyone who cares to request it) costs more to produce than is saved by using it!!! Bio Diesel will, of course, require large capital investment, national distribution and will keep the OIL COMPANIES involved and profiting, whereas SVO/WVO could, and in my view, SHOULD be done on a small scale,local basis and would take the oil companies out of the picture.

Sorry if I rambled on a bit, but I have some strong feelings about some things and I have done quite a lot of study on "DEBT." I am willing to share sources with anyone who is interested.

I wonder how much warning there was about the Russian Revolution and how many people know that American Banks and Wall Street FINANCED the Russian Revolution.

Comment

Personally I challenge people to stop using the term "climate change". It was some spin doctors name to make "global warming" sound less threatening. If someone says climate change, ask if they mean global warming. Challenge the spin doctors language. Mind you if you drive on fossil fuel using the term "climate change" will make you feel better about your "non- consensual sex" of the environment.
                      cheers<BR>Chris.<BR>1990 landcruiser 80, 1HD-T two tank, copper pipe HE+ 20 plate FPHE, toyota solenoids and filters. 1978 300D, elsbett one tank system.<BR>

Comment

Working...
                      X