Eftos FR, a new Bioscam or 'success of dreams'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eftos FR, a new Bioscam or 'success of dreams'

I was recently approached by an enthusiastic recruiter for what appears to a relatively sophisticated pyramid selling scam. (details at Eftos Fr. com and related advertising ). The general upshot of the scam depend upon the concept of an amazing new ' bio-fuel "re-formulator".

I am not particularly scientifically inclined, but I would love to read an analysis by Tilly of these guy's scientific claims. Should i start cleaning my white shoes and winning smile?

But please don't tell me that my STP sticker didn't make my old monaro go faster! Leave me some illusions.

Re: Eftos FR, a new Bioscam or 'success of dreams'

Xavier,
    It's an elusive world.Illusions are cryptic.
    What I like about scam stars is they never give up.
    They can never wake up to the simple fact "no short cut to success".
    Thats why I guess they cut it short.Take your money and make a run for it.
    On the side ,it's good to know that you are a lawyer.And yes a very reasonable one at that.Cause I have this thingy about lawyers( after the clean up episode ,re :aftermath divorce effect).Good to have you here mate.
    Now on a lighter note:
    There was this conference among various surgeons.The theme, the different attributes of professionals.
    The Executive summary reads like this.
    Doctors have their insides all sorted out.Libarians have it all oderly manner hence easy to work with,Lawyers are the most difficult as they are boneless,gutless and spineless.Engineers/technologists are way cool....they don't mind if you leave a few bits outside....as long as it works.

Cheers
    Sauman

Comment

Hello xavier

Ah yes, Ethos Fr. Only $22 for a 12 oz bottle. Cheaper by the dozen.
      In a word, it is a long recognised scam. For the full story written by someone even more cynical than I am read This page

However, if you are looking for the "Real deal" you need to get a LifeWave Gas Patch
      The LifeWave™ Gas Patch is a new technology that consists of nanotechnology hydrocarbon structures that passively interact using fractional distillation in conjunction with ortho-molecular nanoantennas for the purpose of inducing electron flow and thermomagnetic holographic frequency modulation, just like a tuning fork. The patch tells the engine, "More energy, please!"

And as for STP
      "STP Corporation, and its parent corporation, First Brands Corporation, have agreed to settle Federal Trade Commission charges that they violated a 1976 FTC order under which they are prohibited from making false and unsubstantiated claims for motor oil additives. According to the FTC, the defendants made numerous false claims in advertisements regarding the engine protective qualities of their oil additive -- "STP Engine Treatment with XEP2." Under the proposed settlement, the defendants would pay an $888,000 civil penalty for the order violation. (This is the third largest sum ever obtained by the FTC for a consumer protection order violation)."

Tilly

Comment

Originally posted by tillyfromparadise
        Hello xavier

However, if you are looking for the "Real deal" you need to get a LifeWave Gas Patch
        The LifeWave™ Gas Patch is a new technology that consists of nanotechnology hydrocarbon structures that passively interact using fractional distillation in conjunction with ortho-molecular nanoantennas for the purpose of inducing electron flow and thermomagnetic holographic frequency modulation, just like a tuning fork. The patch tells the engine, "More energy, please!" >>>these guys are on some real drugs "thermomagnetic holographic frequency modulation,like tuning fork".....far out man....tune in ,turn on ,drop out syndrom

And as for STP
        "STP Corporation, and its parent corporation, First Brands Corporation, have agreed to settle Federal Trade Commission charges that they violated a 1976 FTC order under which they are prohibited from making false and unsubstantiated claims for motor oil additives. According to the FTC, the defendants made numerous false claims in advertisements regarding the engine protective qualities of their oil additive -- "STP Engine Treatment with XEP2." Under the proposed settlement, the defendants would pay an $888,000 civil penalty for the order violation. (This is the third largest sum ever obtained by the FTC for a consumer protection order violation).">>>Serves em right

Tilly
        Cheers
        Sauman

Comment

O Woe ! Alas, alack-a-day, thanks to all your well researched replies, I have been forced to abandon my dreams of a life of 'work from home wealth', gorgeous Californian blonde wife and perfect kids, issued to Eftos FM distributors (see website for selection). Hmmm...perhaps I should reconsider that nice young American's invitation to join his " Rolfing cult" , but then I never understood how the third leg improved the paintings.

I don't suppose anyone's interested in a distributorship for my Handy Dandy Dial-a-matic Sponge Sharpener ( it comes in 14 colours) no ?..ah well..

But seriously, the fact that all these scams exist, (and to be kind, I believe some inventors/promoters are quite sincere, if self-deluded and adle-pated), only serves to confirm the public's immense interest and desire to participate in alternate, "greener" superior fuels. It's not just about making money or saving the planet. People really do want to create a better world, as long as that better world does not mean a loss of existing cherished advantages .

My concern is that because of a lack of leadership and political point scoring, (the green movement is just as guilty as conservative industry lobby groups) public interest and goodwill is in danger of being diverted and dissipated by scamsters, while those who should be providing a practical alternative, dither and procrastinate, or smugly gloat at the fore-coming economic disaster.

Although it's often easy to vilify and deride the promoters of various scams and selling scheme's,it must be remembered that most promoters are not highly educated, or intrinsically dishonest, but actually believers in the product value to mankind. It is precisely these quality that makes the salesperson likable, credible and appealing.

Most Promoters just want to be a success within the context of the capitalist dream.

Sneering and vilifying such people is fun, but for anyone seriously interested in real social change, these are the exactly the sort of people whose skills are essential to preach the word, bring about change in the general public's mind-set, lobby politician's ( let's face it most politicians are cut from the same cloth) and encourage popular involvement.

The majority of promoters would enthusiastically embrace the opportunity to represent an ethical product that really works.

That, as I see it, is the challenge for biodiesel developers. To present a product that provides real solutions, but doesn't frighten the horses.

Lastly, Tilly, I still reckon the old monaro went faster because of the STP stickers (both side and back covering the rust spots), although obviously it's fortunate that I couldn't afford petrol back then, let alone fuel additives.

Comment

Originally posted by xavier
            I am not particularly scientifically inclined, but I would love to read an analysis by Tilly of these guy's scientific claims. Should i start cleaning my white shoes and winning smile?
            Xavier
            You are giving the game away my friend when you are talking about the white shoe polishing bit
            Is it a fact that you are disclosing your age range?
            I am sure some of us here Jerried but most of the young folk would be wondering what on earth youre talking about
            Now if this is a reference to the "White shoe brigade" you need to write a short article for the benefit of the people that are unaware of it
            Tilly and I as well as some WA guys will ignore your post on the subject no doubt
            Cheers
            Chris
            Cheers
            Chris
            Never give up :)

Comment

Chris, well spotted ! But my reference to the "White shoe brigade" actually comes from The Bold Riders, by Terry Sykes . This book examines with relative objectivity the rise and fall of the corporate cowboy during their halcyon days in the 1980's and the giant financial hangover of 1989-94.

The term " white shoe" relates the mode of fashion affected by the stereotype Queensland land developer so beloved by the Joh Bejelkie-Peterson government, and became a by-word for all get rich quick scamsters.

During this period Paul Keating's economic credential's attracted much undeserved criticism, however the final irony of the era was that the only state government without crippling debt and a positive growth record was Joh's Queensland.

But I digress, have just been entertained by the now quite classical scams available on water powered cars. com.

This site has it all, impressive video's, abundant conspirisy theories, 1920's & 30"s plot lines, religious overtones (as usual the Pope, Jews and Freemasons are the baddies) colourful yokel inventors (who didn't need to attend any dam'n yankee communist university to be smart, nor even attend the local High School which became no better than a hotbed of unamerican race pollution ever .since LBJ paid no nary-mind to the good Billy Graham and over ruled that true patriot George Wallace, by admitting... well, y'all know who into the school system), and hey, hooley dooley, for only $1199.00 plus postage I can be sent ( if I solemnly promise not to reveal the contents to GM), my very own "Top Secret" plans that will allow me to build a functional water car for less than $5000.00 !!!!!!!!!

All this and a degree as a Doctor of Divinity from the University of the Salvation of the Righteous, located in East Jesus, West Texas USA.

This will go very nicely with my X-Ray glasses, and my Phantom decoder ring.

Comment

Xavier
                You are a legend Well done Tks for that
                Now we need some quotes from another famous book
                "Two hundred years of Panic" Great read
                This will bring us close to home as well
                Cheers
                Chris
                Cheers
                Chris
                Never give up :)

Comment

Originally posted by xavier
                  This will go very nicely with my X-Ray glasses, and my Phantom decoder ring.
                  "Now don't you worry about that, my goodness me - if you look like a crow, sound like a crow, and fly with the crows, don't be surprised if you get shot at"

All very well, but my phantom ring has never let ME down!
                  ..Neil

VW Touareg R5 TDI

Comment

Working...
                  X