Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water less washing

The whole post disappeared on me. .
    Well here goes.Please read the attached from Dallas Corp.Magnesol is being used for a while now in the edible oil and pharma industry.I was on the case for water less washing for about three years,from a commercial point of veiw.We have tested the stuff in the lab a number of times,so have they and the Uni of Iowa.
    The stuff works but needs to have a mix of diatomeosus earth (about 10%) .
    They have found out the same and as typical yanks(we have to really learn marketing from these guys) released a product Magnesol D60 (only for Bio Diesel)
    This means all our backyard fringe makers can actually now do away with wasting water ,having a clean BD and if we are bold enough make a coop and make it and give the tax man the finger as it will come upto ASTM(based on which our specs are drawn) specs.All impurities removed .

Cheers
    Sauman
    P.S.:Would be worthwile to find out if they had a dealer in Aus.They don'y have one in India.And the guy who is to import it used to add his own stuff in as well.So we were up the creek for a while before we found out and went to a guy in Europe instead.

Re: Water less washing

Opps
    Forgot to insert. Way back in late 90's I knew that adsorption is the answer from a commercial point of veiw.Everyone back then thought I had rocks in the head.Just another hippie rant.
    So now the challange is to make magnisium silicate cheaply.
    Please see the attached file.

Here it is
    Cheers
    Sauman
    Robert
    Administrator
    Last edited by Robert; 25 August 2006, 12:08 AM.

Comment

How is the magnesol filtered out from the methyl esters.

Comment

By Filteration.....simple as that.Using one micron filter plates gave the best results.To be double sure you can have a two stage filteration.First 5 Microns then 1 micron.Yes easy as that.!!!

Cheers
        Sauman

Comment

Filter plates sounds a bit to much for the backyard, can 1 and 5 micron polyester fabric sock type filters be used.

Could cartridge type fuel filters be used that are 1 to 5 micron.

Comment

Hi guys,

A buddy asked me about the magnesol as he is getting interested. At present I have introduced him to wvo which is great for him. He wants the good stuff without all the 'laundry' I told about the Magnesol they use in commercial fryers that ciculates on a flat filter. He was fired up and next thing I know he throws me a sample pack of Magnesol XL. Although I am well aware of how the industry uses it in catering and I cannot see any problem with making a similar setup at home without all the wizbangs and fancy footwork. It is a straight mag sil and filter sheet setup. Has anyone had a go yet, or any ideas that are past the mind stage. I never thought of its cost at the time, but I dont think it is a cheap product. Anyone got any further info of local prices or quantity availability. If remember right it only took a small packet for a fryer. about half a cup full, mix it in th oil and circulate through the filter. It is not aBsorption but aDsorbtion My concern is the cost of the magnesol and filters. If possible maybe the regional areas could do a deal on quantity. What say you Joe!!!
            Would like to hear from anyone who has any further knowledge or ideas.

Rgs

Dillyman
            dillyman
            Last edited by dillyman; 25 August 2006, 10:28 AM.

Comment

G Day folks,

Kevin Wordlaw
              Dallas Group of America
              Business Development Manager
              Specialty Adsorbents Division
              593 Alewine Drive
              Boaz, AL 35957
              Phone: 256-593-6499
              Mobile: 256-302-0773
              Fax: 256-593-8554
              email: kwordlaw@dallasgrp.com

Go direct rather then dealers.Ask for Magnesol D60 (Which is the modified grade with activated earth added to Magnesol xl).Plain Magnesol XL works cool on clean,degummed and treated oil.May not have the same results with WVO as because of micro impurities the active nodes of Magnesium silicate could be disturbed since it works on the principle of active acidic and basic adsorption sites.
              Simple solution to that is to mix standard product Magnesol with diatemesous earth which is what they have done to get magnesol d60.

Sock filters should work.
              Normal T shirt jeans combination home filter contraption could go down to 5 microns and then use a sock filter of 1 micron.
              I have no experience on the backyard with this.All my experience with magnesol and other adsorption techniques has been in labs and pilot plant sceanrio.
              But I don't see any reason why it should be possible on a home scale to if required even design a small plate filter.
              Give it a go folks.Off cource magnesol price could be factor.

Cheers
              Sauman

Comment

Chinese mob details
                Headquarter & Mailing Address
                Sanpeng Bridge, Baiguan, Shangyu, Zhejiang 312351, P.R.China

E-mail for Sales Enquiry
                (if you could not find the the right contact information )
                sales@chem-world.com

Mfg. Site
                Hangzhou Gulf Fine Chemical Zone, Shangyu, Zhejiang 312369, P.R.China

Hangzhou Office
                Address: 1403B.C, No.308 Zhongshan North Road, Hangzhou, Zhejiang310003, P.R.China
                Tel: (+86 571)85774290(91\92\93)
                Fax: (+86 571)85774298

USA office
                Address:184 Central Ave. Suite 100, Old Tappan, NJ 07675,USA
                Phone: +1-201-767-0414
                Fax: +1-201-767-0743
                E-mail: ryan@shangyuchem.com

Korea office
                Address: Suite 712, Daewoo City Plaza, 115 Juyop 2 - Dong
                Ilsan-Ku, Koyang - Si , kyoungki - Do, Korea
                Phone: + 82 31 918 0652
                Fax: + 82 31 918 7767
                E-mail: jpark@shangyuchem.com

Comment

Address: 8F FIRST BUILDING, EAST HENG XING YUAN , HANKOU, WUHAN, HUBEI CHINA postcode: 430012 ExportDepartment: lignincn@yahoo.com.cn fax: 86-27-82944761 English speaking

Another Chinese mob.

Cheers
                  Sauman

Comment

Hi Sauman,

Thanks for the info, it is certainly worth a serious enquiry which I shall endeavor to move that way. You are a mine of info and great of you to take so much of your time with this post. I have a Stihl Pressure jet cleaner with a blown tube, to replace is dearer than buying a new Aluminium motored pressure cleaner so I have a perfect motor for the job. ( they work really well as a pump, with a good lift as well as a head). Will follow up on some of your info , Who knows???

Rgds

Dillyman

Comment

Originally posted by dillyman
                      Hi Sauman,

Thanks for the info, it is certainly worth a serious enquiry which I shall endeavor to move that way. You are a mine of info and great of you to take so much of your time with this post. >>>Part of the Job as an activist

I have a Stihl Pressure jet cleaner with a blown tube, to replace is dearer than buying a new Aluminium motored pressure cleaner so I have a perfect motor for the job. ( they work really well as a pump, with a good lift as well as a head). Will follow up on some of your info , Who knows??? Rgds

Dillyman
                      Would be very interested on how you go.You do have the gear >>>so go for it .I have sent out enquires to the chinese mobs.See what they come back with.I will post it in here.
                      Also try individually to.Lets see who gets a better bargain from the Chinese .

Cheers
                      Sauman

Comment

Sauman COOL

Umm getting DE in AUS is fairly straight forward it is used in pool filters and is fairly cheep well it was last time I checked

Would be much nicer to use magnesol than water to wash BD but I am unsure what is the resultant left over that you filter out?

Does it just go to rubish as landfil or ??????

Intresting to see what comes up when you search for it on google.

http://www.comcater.com.au/press_adv...l/brochure.pdf
                        Jacka
                        Last edited by Jacka; 26 August 2006, 07:39 PM.
                        Dave

Comment

Mate Jacka
                          You gave the game away. .
                          What if now the fish and chip shops find out about mangnesol and start using there oil over and over again.They will love you for it but us fringe dwellers will loose out on oil supplies. So shooosh.

Cheers
                          Sauman

Comment

Ok Sauman

Still doesn't answer the question what is the result of the left over?

At least with water washing the left over is not to bad you can use it or dispose of it fairly easy.

But what is left over in this case?
                            Dave

Comment

Jacka
                              On an Industrial scale I am trying to find a way to reuse the stuff.By activating the acidic and bacic poles.But with DE in it it kinda gets guooy.And is causing all sorts of problems.Though the waste is not an environment hazard as it only contains(in an industrial scenario...where methanol and glycerin has been seperated) traces of glycerin,soaps,traces of methanol and traces of unreacted naoh.So it can go as land fill as I was suggested.But I would ideally like to have it reused.Haven't figured that out as yet.

On the home scene you will have methanol(which will evaporate out),soaps and glycerin.Could be a guooy mass similar like the Industrial stuff.Since it is non toxic I don't see any reason that you take it to the tip.Unless of cource in the near future I find out a way to reuse it .

I noticed in the PDF you posted it has an Aussie dealer.Can you do me a favour.Ring them and ask for prices.I am getting some prices from 2 manufacturers in China.

Cheers
                              Sauman

Comment

Working...
                              X