Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Melbourne Biodiesel Club?

Anyone know how to get in touch?

Their website Index of / doesn't work (for me anyway)

Looking to buy around 4 litres of methanol from someone who might have a drum of the stuff.

Hoping to make a small batch (<20 litres of WVO) for the first time

Re: Melbourne Biodiesel Club?

G'day Andy,

MBDC stopped around 18 months ago. Yopu cold possibly get some methanol from fina fuels (comeercial bio producer) in thomastown. Or somebody here may help you.

Cheers

J

Comment

Can anyone confirm that FINA Fuels in Thomastown is still in business? I have been trying to contact the sales manager at FINA Fuels in Thomastown over the past week and a half to see if I can go there to get some biodiesel. I have been going for fuel regularly over the past couple of years. Now I cannot get any answer to any of the phone numbers, and nobody has replied to the messages I have left.
      I don't want to go all the way out there to discover the plant has closed down.
      Last week I thought maybe they were temporarily closed because of the heat.
      If you know, or have been there to 21 Aylward Street recently, please let me know. I REALLY hope they have not had to close permanently due to business downturn or lack of available vegetable oil.
      Thanks.
      Eve

Comment

I was there a couple of weeks ago, and they showed no signs of closing down. Actually, they seem to be growing - expanding into bio from algae (don't know about it being 'enviro friendly', as hexane is used in the production).

Originally posted by Eve Stocker View Post
        Can anyone confirm that FINA Fuels in Thomastown is still in business? I have been trying to contact the sales manager at FINA Fuels in Thomastown over the past week and a half to see if I can go there to get some biodiesel. I have been going for fuel regularly over the past couple of years. Now I cannot get any answer to any of the phone numbers, and nobody has replied to the messages I have left.
        I don't want to go all the way out there to discover the plant has closed down.
        Last week I thought maybe they were temporarily closed because of the heat.
        If you know, or have been there to 21 Aylward Street recently, please let me know. I REALLY hope they have not had to close permanently due to business downturn or lack of available vegetable oil.
        Thanks.
        Eve
        1987 Mercedes W124 300D
        1997 Ssangyong Musso Wagon

Comment

Eve,
          I filled up there on Monday (2 days ago). All going as usual. And yes they have started growing algae but not yet produced biodiesel from it. Looks like it won't be long before biodiesel from algae will be in our tanks

Cheers!

Comment

Hmm, I was told that they'd made some test batches and teh results were positive.

Originally posted by Flubber View Post
            Eve,
            I filled up there on Monday (2 days ago). All going as usual. And yes they have started growing algae but not yet produced biodiesel from it. Looks like it won't be long before biodiesel from algae will be in our tanks

Cheers!
            1987 Mercedes W124 300D
            1997 Ssangyong Musso Wagon

Comment

Originally posted by 83Patrol View Post
              Hmm, I was told that they'd made some test batches and teh results were positive.

I meant commercially available at the pump. I think they're in the process of scaling up for that right now.

Comment

Working...
              X