Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbies need a mentor

HI!

My name is Greg and I am sick of paying outrageous prices for petro diesel. As a result I want to start making biodieself but have no knowledge of the processes and equipment required. I have checked out heaps of websites but I seem to be going around in circles!!!

I realise that my returns to begin with will be small, but would like to be able to make around 150 litres per week once I know what I am doing.

I live on the northern beaches of sydney and was wondering if there was anyone nearby who was willing to show me the ropes, give some advice and generally act as a mentor until I get on my feet.

Thanks

Greg

Re: Newbies need a mentor

Hi Greg - it is not a complicated process. The procedures are well documented and there are many threads and forums to read.

I particularly recommend the infopop forum do a google on BD and infopop and you will find it.

Start small - learn the reaction - use 1L batches. You can buy Methanol in 20L drums until you build a bigger processor. Buy a set of accurate scales on ebay - will cost you about $20. Buy some beakers at a lab supply shop and you have all you need.

Be aware that it is difficult to wash small batches - many threads on that subject.

Experiment in the kitchen when your wife is out or get out the camping stove.

Treat Methanol like petrol - do NOT get it out when you have a naked flame (except your missus ;-)) ) and treat it with respect - it is a dangerous substance.

Above all - read , read, read then experiment, then go for it.

Cheers,
    Paul
    Brisbane
    80 series TDi with 100K on B100
    2005 Audi A3 TDi B20-B50 60K on BD
    1993 Daihatsu Rocky - B100 20K on BD - all good!

Comment

Working...
    X