1990 Mazda Capella diesel station wagon for sale - all offers considered

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1990 Mazda Capella diesel station wagon for sale - all offers considered

I have an imported Mazda Capella 2.0L turbocharged diesel station wagon that I need to get rid of ASAP.

It hasn't yet been converted to run on vegetable oil (I did intend to do this but never found the time) but I have been assured that this would be relatively easy to do.

It had a reconditioned engine earlier this year (2009) but it has recently been having issues with the head gasket.

The fuel injectors also need to be cleaned. Other than that it is mechanically sound.

The brakes have recently been machined and the body is in perfect condition (no rust or dents).

It runs OK, but I don't drive it because of the undiagnosed head gasket issue which I can't afford to get fixed. It has always started first time every time.

It would be perfect for someone who wants it as spare parts for thier Capella, or someone who has the time and inclination to tinker to get the engine fixed.

Make me an offer for it. If I don't get any interest by the end of this year (2009) I am going to have to scrap it, but I would rather it go to someone who can make good use of it. It is currently housed undercover at my house in the northern suburbs in Melbourne, Victoria.

I will not be selling it with a roadworthy and the registration expires in February 2010.

Some further details (from wikipedia):

"The fourth-generation Capella was released in 1987. It used the updated GD platform and remained in production in Japan until 1996. [This version] featured 2.0 diesel RFT engine, notable for its use of a pressure wave supercharger, that previously could be found in Mazda Bongo. [This is the] station wagon version, introduced on a slightly-modified platform (called GV)."

A picture of it is below (from the ad when I bought it, but it hasn't had any damage since then).

Re: 1990 Mazda Capella diesel station wagon for sale - all offers considered

If it has the pressure wave supercharger, check the exhaust gas deflector shaft is not siezed in the full boost position. If this is the case, then you have stretched head bolts (due to excessive boost ~20PSI).

The car would have been a rocket on steroids until the head gasket started leaking.

It can be repaired but there is very little room for error when planing the head and the valve seats must be re-seated to prevent the pistons hitting the closed valves (not much clearance there normally)
    If there an oil leak from the drivers side of the engine (#1 cylinder). This will be due to the oil gallery leaking due to the head bolt stretch.

I had these symptoms on mt '90 Capella.
    Life is a journey, with problems to solve, lessons to learn, but most of all, experiences to enjoy.

Current Vehicles in stable:
    '06 Musso Sports 4X4 Manual Crew Cab tray back.
    '04 Rexton 4X4 Automatic SUV
    '2014 Toyota Prius (on ULP) - Wife's car

Previous Vehicles:
    '90 Mazda Capella. (2000 - 2003) My first Fatmobile. Converted to fun on veggie oil with a 2 tank setup.
    '80 Mercedes 300D. 2 tank conversion [Sold]
    '84 Mercedes 300D. 1 tank, no conversion. Replaced engine with rebuilt OM617A turbodiesel engine. Finally had good power. Engine donor for W123 coupe. (body parted out and carcass sold for scrap.)
    '85 Mercedes Benz W123 300CD Turbodiesel
    '99 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my darling Wife's car)[sold]
    '98 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my car)[sold]
    '06 Musso Sports Crew Cab well body. [Head gasket blew!]
    '04 Rexton SUV 2.9L Turbodiesel same as Musso - Our Family car.
    '06 Musso sports Crew Cab Trayback - My hack (no air cond, no heater).

Searching the Biofuels Forum using Google
    Adding images and/or documents to your posts

Comment

Working...
    X