Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Musso and blending

Hi All,
    Just paid a deposit yesterday on a 2006 Musso Sports dual cab diesel.

Will get a Fitian conversion eventually but was wondering if anyone on the forum has any experience with straight blending with the Musso engine? The Navara ran fine on 50:50 most of the year and I'd expect the Musso to handle an even higher ratio of WVO.

Laurie
    PS I'm sure the old Navara is sulking up in the shed.

Re: Musso and blending

Doesn't it have the same engine as the 300d?
    I reckon it should start and run fine on 10%ULP/90% WVO
    I would give it a try if it was mine but I would try to park on a hill overnight for the first few times, just in case.
    If you don't live near a hill I guess you could always tow-start with the navara.

Comment

Hi Nuddy,
      Yep its a merc engine and drivetrain and thats one big reason for getting it.

Not quite sure on the engine model yet but I think its a 622LA which may or may not mean something to merc drivers. 5 cyl 2.9 turbo with intercooler generating 88kw, indirect injection. UK forums refer to a number of owners in Britain driving them on straight wvo unmodded.

I like the idea of driving using blends until the factory warranty expires next year.

Looks like I now have far more of those oil filters than I'll ever need if you are interested in more including two ryco.
      Laurie

Comment

Gday lozzer with my musso i run a blend 10% ulp 90% wvo through a single heat exchanger and a cav prefilter . If you join the oz ssangyong forum and the do a few simple mods , your beast will run much better because in standard tune they are crap., Good luck with the musso .

Pete

Comment

Hi Pete,
          Yep i did take your previous advice and joined the Oz and UK Musso club sites and they do have a wealth of info. Looks like the first mod is a 3" exhaust and deletion of the rear muffler?

In doing the research before buying I came across a few horror stories but also a number of owners who have had no problems. really looking forward to some creature comforts on a vege car after the bone jarring of the old Navara!

I'd like to find out which mods worked best for you. Cant remember if yours is turbo or not. Guess I have some reading ahead of me cos I havent got a clue about turbochargers.
          Laurie

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Jones
            I -think- these are the same if not similar engines to the 124's which don't have the turblow.
            Yeah, they're similar, but 5 cyl instead of 6.

And all the Musso's I've seen have genuine Bosch IP's, not licensed like a lot of the other engine parts are - obviously a big plus.
            83Patrol
            Donating Member
            Last edited by 83Patrol; 21 December 2009, 05:22 PM.
            1987 Mercedes W124 300D
            1997 Ssangyong Musso Wagon

Comment

Working...
            X