PDA

View Full Version : Be interested in your thoughts on the WA industry

giles
31st August 2006, 09:47 AM
I read a headline from WA Business News today:

Three Western Australian biofuels companies are moving ahead with capital raisings collectively worth more than $150 million

I couldn't read the full piece as is is a subscriber service, but the article went on that the investment was despite the sector being hit by the vagaries of government. Would be interested in the names of the companies and your take on the future of the market in WA.

The government in WA has been flexible before...look at the help and assistance it gave to the aluminium shipbuilding industry in the 90s. That certainly paid off for the state and the country. Is the business climate in WA now so poor that the government will not back the biofuels market? Or is it other elements which is making the government hold back?

Regards

Giles

Maxwell
31st August 2006, 12:49 PM
Hi Giles,
The main problem with biofuels at the moment is that it will or can void
new vehicle warranty. Until this is addressed I feel that there will not be any movement forward.
Iíve heard that we make vehicles that are ethanol or mixed fuel ready yet we cannot buy them in Australia.
How ridiculous is that?
Cheers,
Maxwell

Jacka
31st August 2006, 10:19 PM
The main problem with biofuels at the moment is that it will or can void
new vehicle warranty.

Something else that you also have to look at is that if your IP is damaged by dinodiesel and it is underwarrantry they will try everyway known to prove that the dino that you pumpped was doddgy and refuse the claim anyway.

I decided that I would use BD in my new Rodeo 05 model and just live with it. I have spoken with a friend who is a lawyer and his opinion is that doesn't matter if I use BD or not if the IP goes or something else goes they will try and aviod the claim on the basis of doddgy fuel.

But yes you are correct untill this is corrected then it will be a restricted market.