Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• reactor plant for sale

Biodiesel reactor plant for sale. Includes
    (a) 300 litre conicle bottomed agitator fashioned from a 44 with stainless steel BSP fittings to bottom of cone. electric engine and prop and spindle. Heating port for electric element fixed to cone by qualified boilermaker. Comes with stand.
    (b) 150 gallon tank for holding & water wash and & settling . Old recycled household heating oil tank. has a dipstick calibrated in Gallons. 3 BSP fitting outlets- works well for the split or tapping off wash water.
    (c) Centrifugal WVO filtre retrofitted and fashioned from an old hoovermatic twin tub washing machine. This machine also works well as a small batch/sample batch reactor. only 50 litre batches.
    (d) 10 metres of poly pipe for plant commisioning.
    (e) Half empty 44 of pure Methanol. Aprox. 100 litres.
    (f) Steel garbage can with opened 20 kg bag KoH. aprox. 15 kg.

You will need at least the space equal to a one car garage to install and commission this reactor plant. You MUST have a reliable supply of WVO to make this plant work for you. This plant was the initial phaze 1 plant of the early days of the original Melbourne Biodiesel Club inc. and has dutifully reacted tens of tonnes of good quality Biodiesel.
    You will need to get your own titration equipment. Never make biodiesel without titration , otherwise you're a FOOL.
    reason for sale. I nolonger have the time or space to recomission this reactor plant and all interested parties just want to see it go to a good home. I nolonger have a reliable supply of WVO. Its just too easy to go to Thomastown and tank up for $1.05 per litre.
    RESTART A CLUB of your own. Get together a collective of interested people who own diesel machinery and have the time and place to make diesel.
    interested people should post here if interested. only seriously interested people will be considered. I will relpy here if it is sold or for more info to interested people. You should be in close proximity to Melbourne to pick up or look at the gear. Make an offer here. You should become an active member of this site before making the comitment.
    ?PRICE= make an offer?
    Add on at least $300 if you want me to commission the plant and give you basic training of operation and Titration using the "Tumeric solution as an indicator" method.

Re: reactor plant for sale

Darren what did you use for the mixing of meth and KOH. Have I missed something?

Peter<><

Comment

The old fashioned 20 litre plastic carbuoy, shaken, then poured into the top of the reactor/ agitator method. Not the best in OH&S terms, but accurate and free of the potential of contamination. Allways wear safty goggles and an aspirator mask and gloves when doing this.
      I must agree though, (if thats what your leading to) a good- proper plant set up should have a methoxide mixer plumbed into the system.

Comment

hi darren

Is this processor still for sale??? i would like to have a look at it.

Cheers mate

Comment

Working...
        X