Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slowly Getting There

Tilly,
    I made a 1ltr test batch Dr. Pepper style last night using the 5% pre wash, then checked it this morning. It definitely separates better. I'm going to separate it into two .5ltr lots & wash one & let the other sit to see how long it takes to clear properly.
    Sorry but I have more questions.
    1. 5% pre wash, is this 5% of oil or 5% of total volume?
    2. After I finish washing if bio appears to have floaties in it should I filter.
    3. logic says yes to Q2 (but thought I would ask anyway) whats the easiest & cheapest way to filter?
    4. You obviously have been making Bio diesel for quite sometime what method or how do you make yours?
    Thanks & Regards
    Michael

Re: Slowly Getting There

Hello Michael

1. 5% of the total oil, it is not critical, you can use 5% of the total too.

2. I have never had floaties after finishing the wash.
    3. I never filtered anything before it hit the fuel filters in the car.
    4. I used a drill turning an Archemedes type paint/plaster mixer the shaft of which ran through the top of a 70 litre plastic drum

Tilly

Comment

Re: Slowly Getting There

Tilly,
      My 1Ltr test batch with 5% pre wash cleared quicker & better than any other test I've done. My first wash cleaned up the test a little more, the third wash made no difference the water came up clean. however the bio dosent look clean enough, its still quite dark? Its darker than other tests I've done
      Regards Michael

Comment

Working...
      X