Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This Forum's Web Stats for August 06

Boys and Girls,

I've just done a report on the webstats from August and they are looking good. Seems traffic in here is up by about 25% this month on last month. The number of people adding the forums to their favourites is quite high too (nearly a 5th of all visitors). In terms of numbers, hits are about 1.5 Million and the unique visitors are over 13,000. Also, it is good to see that less of you are now using that crappy mircosoft internet explorer browser and switching to real browsers like firefox. (Not that long ago the stats would show 95% IE usage, so I'm glad that they seem to have lost 30% of their market stranglehold).

I've attached a basic report PDF of the stats for anyone interested.

I might also post up some funkier graphs etc from google analytics if anyone is interested.

Robert.
    Site Admin.

Re: This Forum's Web Stats for August 06

That's great news Robert, a credit to your hard work and the quality of the posts by regular members. Also agree on the takeup of Firefox v IE!
    Peter

VW Golf GT Sport 2.0 TDI

Comment

Congrats Robert, I'm impressed with what you have done in such a very short time.

Comment

Firstly, I'd just like to say that the real stars of this forum are all of you.
        I simply provide a site, but you put all the content on it and it would be nothing without that. So for it to have got this far in such a short time is 10% effort from me to make sure it gets listed in search engines, is cross promoted from a few sites etc and 90% input from the users with useful content.

Anyway, I've attached some other graphs from my Google Analytics stats if anyone is interested in that. I see that the majority of you use Telstra (shame on you - but I should stop letting my technology preferences prejudice this forum). The range of these graphs is for August 06
        Robert.
        Site Admin.

Comment

Reputation & Ranks

One more thing, not quite on topic, but there is not really anywhere else to put this:

There are some user reputation measures in this forum and very few people seem to use them or know about them, so I thought I'd better explain them for the rest of you.

User reputation is that little bar of green dots that appears in the right side of your membername title bar on each post. If you hover your mouse over it, a little tooltip will appear to tell you what those green dots mean.

You can decide on other member's reputations by offering them positive or negative reputation points on each post they make. There are all sorts of complicated rules to make sure that the system is not misused, but you don't really need to worry about that. You can contribute to a member's reputation by clicking on the little scales icon atop their posts.

Additionally to reputation, is the member rank. This is the little yellow biodiesel drop that appears under your name. This one is easy as it is just based on the number of posts that a member has made. 10 posts = 1 drop, 50 = 2, 100 = 3, 250 = 4 and 400 = 5. There is nothing you can do about this one, besides make lots of posts. I will adjust these numbers as the forum gets older and some members post count gets higher.

I've set the reputations of a few users that I knew in advance (just to get the system going), but the rest of you will have to earn it, so please use it. The idea is that it will become a good way for new members to know who gives good advice based on what the rest of the forum thinks of them. If you see a new user with no reputation power doing good things in the forum please reward them with positive reputation so that we all can know what everyone thinks of them. It is sad to see many new users contribute lots, but still have no reputation here.
          Robert
          Administrator
          Last edited by Robert; 2 September 2006, 09:40 PM.
          Robert.
          Site Admin.

Comment

"If you see a new user with no reputation power doing good things in the forum please reward them with positive reputation so that we all can know what everyone thinks of them. It is sad to see many new users contribute lots, but still have no reputation here"

I agree about that! There has been a lot of good input from numerous people that should be well up on the reputation scale.

Comment

The figures for Sept are almost the same as August, so maybe they are starting to level off?

Month Unique visitors Number of visits Pages Hits Bandwidth
              Aug 2006 13678 21242 601776 1588783 4.70 GB
              Sep 2006 13930 21566 510480 1415453 4.46 GB
              Robert
              Administrator
              Last edited by Robert; 2 October 2006, 01:37 AM.
              Robert.
              Site Admin.

Comment

Working...
              X