Oil from where?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil from where?

There are many resourceful people out there that have ideas of where to get oil or different sources and types of oil and would like to hear some!
    Everybody knows about restaurants and cafes but what about dough nut shops, bakeries?
    Cheers
    Maxwell

Re: Oil from where?

From my experience, the oil in Do nut shops all leaves with the product. ie, they do not change the oil, they just keep topping it up. I do not eat do nuts!
    Life is a journey, with problems to solve, lessons to learn, but most of all, experiences to enjoy.

Current Vehicles in stable:
    '06 Musso Sports 4X4 Manual Crew Cab tray back.
    '04 Rexton 4X4 Automatic SUV
    '2014 Toyota Prius (on ULP) - Wife's car

Previous Vehicles:
    '90 Mazda Capella. (2000 - 2003) My first Fatmobile. Converted to fun on veggie oil with a 2 tank setup.
    '80 Mercedes 300D. 2 tank conversion [Sold]
    '84 Mercedes 300D. 1 tank, no conversion. Replaced engine with rebuilt OM617A turbodiesel engine. Finally had good power. Engine donor for W123 coupe. (body parted out and carcass sold for scrap.)
    '85 Mercedes Benz W123 300CD Turbodiesel
    '99 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my darling Wife's car)[sold]
    '98 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my car)[sold]
    '06 Musso Sports Crew Cab well body. [Head gasket blew!]
    '04 Rexton SUV 2.9L Turbodiesel same as Musso - Our Family car.
    '06 Musso sports Crew Cab Trayback - My hack (no air cond, no heater).

Searching the Biofuels Forum using Google
    Adding images and/or documents to your posts

Comment

where to get wvo from?
      well folks ya could try motels hotels or anywhere that has a deep fryer. I hope this has helped.

Cheers Fantom

Comment

Algae to biodiesel now fly larvae (35%oil) what next?
        You get the feeling that we are only scraping the surface with material to turn into oil.

Cheers
        Maxwell

Comment

In years gone by, pigs were bred for increased lard production. Later, the pigs were bred to be better converters to muscle. Perhaps we will see a return to the previous breeds.

A farm that produces oil from seed or nuts could also feed the seed/nut meal to the pigs. Most of the nutrients would stay on the farm, with only the oil and fat being converted to bioidiesel (and some pork meat being sold). Even the glycerin could be fed to the pigs.

There are still lots of ideas to explore and it will be the efforts of the people that come up with the solutions. Now if we could only get the government out of our way....

Comment

When Looking for oil Myself, I try to think of places that have fried food as suggested above. I don't think bakeries do much frying being that their whole trade and business is " Baking".
            There seem to be plenty of them around but the trick is finding a place that isn't big enough for the collectors to worry about but uses enough oil to be worthwhile picking it up.

Fish and chip shops seem to be a good place to get oil and I have also found busy takeaways to be worthwhile as well.
            In the suburbs there seems to be no end of places that do frying so the key to finding the oil might be approaching the places that you come across and just asking.
            Like many things, it is probably just a numbers game and if you come up with 3 out of 5 places you ask, then you probably only need to ask at 10 places to get all the oil you need.

If there aren't any places close to you, I would suggest hitting a particular area and approaching everyone there and setting up a regular run so your travel is worth while.

I don't think there are any Hidden " Pots of gold" to be found, just try the kind of places you know will have oil and keep approaching different ones till you secure the supply you need.

Comment

I've heard that they use vegie oil in their mixers and stuff instead of petro oil for food standards but would like to find out as this would be low in contaminants.
              Cheers
              Maxwell

Comment

Working...
              X