Mech conversion.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mech conversion.

Well it looks like I might have started the conversion of my Mech at Condel Park.

He worked on my Rodeo this afternoon and is VERY intrested in BD now as he works on the van which runs BD and my Rodeo that also runs BD mostly

The challange I have now is that he is so intrested that I have to get some information for him so he can understand BD a WHOLE lot better
    What would people recomend I should print out and give to him? (he is not on puters so I can't point him here or there have to print it out and give to him.)

Also further to this I would like to be able to show him a static display of the process from WVO to BD so I am going to ask a favour of someone round here if they could.

I would like to get 3 samples in glass jars of the different sections of the process.

1st being the WVO just before the reaction takes place. so he can see the starting point.

2nd being just after reaction takes place but before it is left to settle. I want to make sure that the soap and junk can settle in the glass jar so that he can see what happens in the middle.

3rd being a sample of high conversion BD after it has been washed and is ready to fill the tank

I would love to be able to do show and tell of my own setup but it does not yet exist as I haven't yet been able to get my WVO source sorted yet .

If someone in the southwest of Sydney like Bankstown to west likes kemps creek and south to well goulburn who is using WVO to make their BD could help me with small samples so that I could do show and tell I would be much appreciated. I would be able to supply the jars and would be able to pickup so there is no worries about that.

I am hopeful that this mech can be converted he is VERY intrested in the lack of Soot on the rear of both cars for using BD. He has other people in Diesel's that come in at the same serivce type interval and the rear of their cars is covered in Soot from the exhaust just on the basis that they use dinodiesel and it is not as clean burning as BD. After he worked on my rodeo early on in the time he told me I should not EVER use BD as it was bad for the car and it would cause huge problems. I asked Why did he say that and he said thats what he was told buy his suppliers who happen to supply the oil and also just happened to be tied up with teh fuel companies in a round about fashion. Well over 40,000km and 4 services later he is starting to see the error in his ways with a lot of help from me of course.

The more I can give him and show him the more conviced he will be and the more user's we could convert
    Dave

Re: Mech conversion.

Perhaps someone might bring you some samples to the picnic?
    Robert.
    Site Admin.

Comment

Could well be possible Robert

Just have to find someone who is comming that is doing WVO to BD that would be helpful

Wish I had a supply sorted and was doing my OWN at this point but alas can't always have everything all of the time.
      Dave

Comment

Jacka, no chance of you and him (and others at the picnic for that mater) getting together and aproaching a large source of oil, say a maccas or similar? I am sure you could offer a reliable collection between the two of you? I am not sure of the situation of oil in Sydney, so sorry if it is not really an option.
        cheers<BR>Chris.<BR>1990 landcruiser 80, 1HD-T two tank, copper pipe HE+ 20 plate FPHE, toyota solenoids and filters. 1978 300D, elsbett one tank system.<BR>

Comment

Yeah cheers chris

Only challange at the moment is he is not a convert just yet it is still a process of conversion

I need to supply him with some info of which I have found some and I would like to show him the 3 major steeps of the process and work on the extras from there!

At the moment I am looking at doing just that with sourcing WVO but have to get my stuff together to store it and etc etc! still a while off yet
          Dave

Comment

Who is your Mechanic Jaka?
            The guy I use is at Condell Park also. I spoke to him a while back about Bio but got the impression that Diesel's overall were not something he was real interested in. Have to go Visit him this week for a Pink Slip actually.

I am having no trouble finding oil atm and am collecting more than I can see I will need. If I could Find a diesel Vehicle as easy as I can find oil I would be a happy man.
            I am going to put a reserve supply away but intend to keep collecting what I can that is within my everyday travels and offer this to people who are running short from time to time.

I am in the process of building a dumpster sucker having located a couple of places that have barrels that are available to be collected from. This will give me access to oil wherever it is and be a backup should any of my present supplies dry up. It will be good to be able to collect 100-200L at a time. I Was going to test the dumpster dipper today but with the storms sweeping Sydney every hour or so, I think I will wait to discover any complications and difficulties I haven't thought of in the dry.

One thing I'm wondering though...
            How do people find the quality of dumpster oil overall? The ones I have looked at don't seem too bad i'm wondering if the people putting the oil in there are more prone to throwing more rubbish in than they would if they were putting it back in tins? The oil I get atm is clean and dry so no use picking up wet, dirty, snot.

Maybe If I can collect enough decent UCO, I won't have to worry about building a processor, I can just swap an amount of oil for finished Bio!

I believe the idea of a group of people getting to gether to collect oil is a good, but possible complicated one. As the collectors are giving the bio guys some competition for the oil, the best way I see to compete with them is to form a collection service to tackle them head on. If a local area were selected and targeted by a group and they won over the bigger suppliers, they may find the collection companies wouldn't bother going there after a while if they didn't get enough oil and the group could secure all the oil they needed without having to travel far at all.

If a group of people could get together and sort out the logistics and sharing of labour and " Profits", and then approach some places in a professional and organised manner, I have little doubt that getting a good qty of oil would be difficult at all.

If a group branded itself with a nicely painted trailer, maybe had some literature to hand out and those seeing the oil suppliers had a jacket or shirt with the collective's name put on it, this would inspire a lot more confidence in those with the oil. The ace in the hole for such a group would be to market themselves as everyday blokes ( rather than Hippies) wanting to do something for the enviroment and making it less of a struggle to make the mortgage payments through not having to pay through the nose for fuel.

As long as the restauranteurs were convinced the waste oil would be collected reliably, cleanly and at an appropriate time, I don't think there would be much difficulty in securing suppliers. They would just need to be sure in their minds that the above concerns would be met and that it was going to be a permanent thing and not give them any hassels.
            Professional in other words.....
            One thing favorable in this regard about restraunters is the fact that most of them are quite friendly and sociable with their competitors. Once you have one place on board, it would be dead easy to ask for referrals for other places and build suppliers quickly and easily that way.

I might be a good idea for someone posing as an owner of a store about to be built to ring some of the collection companies and see what the deal is as far as any cost or whatever so the group knew what they were up against and how things worked with the collection services.

The offer of 20L a week of free floor cleaner ( glycerin) might be an incentive for some as well!

Comment

Working...
            X