Rutherford Run

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rutherford Run

I've just been speaking to Andrew Hill of Biodiesel Industries Australia, who have the biodiesel production up in Rutherford. As stated before, they will seel biodiesel to the general public, as long as it is in min 200L quantities. They will sell it for much cheaper than we got it for from Waterway Fuels last time.

They are quite happy to give us a better price for a bulk order (like 1800L as we bought in our last run). They are also happy to work out a tax invoice for each purchaser, as long as we can organise the payment and collection in a single batch. They have all the certificates to show that it meets Australian Standards and is excise paid etc. Does this all sound too good to be true?

Well, it almost is. The only catch is that they are in Maitland, about 2 hours North of Sydney, so getting there and back is the only problem.

We've so far got 2 possibilities:

1. Gunner has suggested that he could do the run, as long as we could add a bit in from everyone to cover his costs and his time.
    2. Cameron knows someone who brings a truck down from Newcastle twice a week who could possibly do the run for us. I've spoken to him once, but he was a little non-committal, so this option will still require more work.

Things to consider:

1. We'll still need some sort of decanting site. Regardless of who does the run, each of us will need to collect their drums and take them home.
    2. Insurance/payment issues. Hypothetically, what would happen if we pre-paid for each of our quantities, the pickup happened, but there was some sort of accident on the way back to Sydney that damaged some or all of our cargo? I don't like to dwell on these sorts of ideas, but they will bear some consideration.

Anyway, as Cameron said, I'm also a little luke-warm about the cost that we paid last time from Rozelle, so if we can get it cheaper this way, I'd lean towards this for our December run.
    Robert
    Administrator
    Last edited by Robert; 25 November 2005, 10:54 AM.
    Robert.
    Site Admin.

Re: Rutherford Run

Hi Robert,

I've just put a post on the other thread with my thoughts re: Waterways.

I am very happy to give Rutherford a go in December - especially if someone else is doing the pick-up.

Maybe we should do this once to get the better price, and it might nudge Rick @ watereways to reconsider his price?

Please let us know details of where we need to drop off opur empty drums etc., and collection of full drums.

cheers,

Geoff.

Comment

Hi Rob & Geoff,
      I also posted on the other thread so will only add a couple of extra comments here.

Our mate 'Phil the Paper Shredder' has also offered to do runs up the coast with his truck and trailer so that is also an option - possibly. I don't think we discussed that in teh context of a trip to Rutherford rather than the Central Coast.

Phil isn't on the forum here and we shouldn't expect him to pop up for various reasons but he has assured on several times that he is very keen to get it. He uses too much diesel between his truck and his mega paper shredder generators to even remotely consider the price we got from Rozelle last time. But $1.10 or better per litre would be VERY interesting to him.

Also in regards to price to be fair to Rick at Waterways I had quite a big chat to him about it all and he informed me that he is getting the fuel at a really crappy price from the Central Coast plant as well. I would imagine that the only reason he can afford to buy and sell the stuff is because they are much more focused on marine applications and the boating community are used to paying a lot more for their fuel when they have to buy it from the waters edge than we pay from the servo forecourt.

So I would assume that for us to get a better price from Waterways he would have to get a better price from Adrian and crew at Central Coast.

That is how I read it but I could be wrong.

Cheers,
      Cameron

Comment

I've just posted up some details on our December run in our private area. I had not realised it was happening so soon, but here we are.

Could you all please check it out and finalise any numbers, as we have to be ready by Friday.
        Robert.
        Site Admin.

Comment

Re: The Biodiesel Station

Robert,

I have finally run out of B50 and wanted to know how you guys get BD from Rutherford.

I am doing some design work on the Maitland City Bowling Club and will probably go up there next week.

Can you give me the details for the supplier in Rutherford please.

Thanks

Andreas

Comment

Here's the details for Rutherford:

Biodiesel Industries Australia
            62 Racecourse Rd
            Rutherford NSW 2320
            email : biodies@bigpond.net.au
            ph: (02) 4932 9444
            fax: (02) 4932 9433

They'll do min 200L quantities. If you have the ability to haul more in drums, I dare say that there may be some folks who would like to join you.

Another option would be to hassle the puzzlingly elusive Future Fuels, who apparently have been selling B50 in 19 service stations around sydney for 6 months... see the thread in industry representation forum.
            Robert.
            Site Admin.

Comment

Working...
            X