Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maiden voyage for the Star Ship Getnoprize

Captains log star date 1162010

Yes in a land far far away they let some nut loose with a bag of potassium and a bottle of methanol and no bloody orange juice.

With the help of a local bio Jedi and the ones from other galaxies, this storm trooper was on his way to being one with the dark side (pick any side you like, but this side has more fun).

Not again with the dribble....

I was fortunate enough to be invited to check out a processor in progress. Looks easy once you know what your doing and so much more understandable when you see it in action. Not to mention all the dumb questions you can ask. Whats this button do President Clinton.

Due to an oversupply of gogo moon shine I was kindly given an awesome head start of the golden elixir. Wasting no time I got my handy no name brand shopping bag out and started filtering it. Was wondering how you did that with plastic shopping bags, but hey I worked it out. :P>

50 plus litres filtered and time against me. Got myself set up to do a 10 litre batch. Everything was ready for the ceremonial titration ritual, and no the wife didn't help. Performed one test then another and yet another, not believing the results. Titrated at 0. Yes folks this was a restaurant worth eating at.

Poured out 10 litres of the golden stuff and started heating it on a single portable hotplate. Took 45 minutes to get to 55 degrees, but got there. Mixed the methanol and potassium while I was waiting. Added the methoxide and watched, well ever 5 minutes when I took the lid off to stir it. Very interesting how it globs together until it reacts fully. Thought it was done at about 20 minutes, which now I see would be about right for the batch size, but thought I would let it go the 30 minutes.

Took it off the heat and poured it into a Pet 2 30 litre drum (the brigalow drums). Poured out a half a jar full to watch the process. Was really interesting. This drum had litre markings on it and I'm guessing because I opened the lid to stir it a bit of methanol evaporated because I only had 11 litres in it. When I used 10 of oil and 2 of methanol. It separated fine going to wash it over the next few days.

Anyway, little steps, got 20 litres of methanol to use up then I think I'll look at something bigger. Either 200 litre drum or the appleseed. All really great and thanks for the help guys.

Cheers
    Doctor Dan

PS. Stay tuned to the next fun filled adventure of Doctor Dan in “Today we have orange juice...”
    How many times did edison fail at making the light bulb?

"the things I don't know" site:biofuelsforum.com

My 86 HiLux makes me wonder what the poor people drive :P>

Re: Maiden voyage for the Star Ship Getnoprize

very amusing lord of the harry potter

Comment

Working...
    X