Any southern Sydney BD suppliers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any southern Sydney BD suppliers?

Any BD suppliers in the Hurstville/Sutherland area?
    G

Re: Any southern Sydney BD suppliers?

I found a Volume Plus at South Hurstville!

Comment

I am thinking of going into limited production.
      it would be good if a Co-Op of local users could be formed, and share in the benefits.

if say 4 or more users used 50 litres each per week it makes it viable to buy 200 litres of methanol at a time, making the process much cheaper.

it will be nice to stick it up the folk that are ripping us all off so blatently.

I am in Lugarno.

Comment

Originally posted by Schwarz View Post
        I am thinking of going into limited production.
        it would be good if a Co-Op of local users could be formed, and share in the benefits.

if say 4 or more users used 50 litres each per week it makes it viable to buy 200 litres of methanol at a time, making the process much cheaper.

it will be nice to stick it up the folk that are ripping us all off so blatently.

I am in Lugarno.
        This could work!

Comment

Thanx for your reply.
          it may be a good idea to get together & discuss logistics and costings.

using recycled oil, say from a local fish shop, I get BD costs under 40cents per litre PLUS excise. if we can produce at acceptable quality we get the excise back from the EPA.

I am aware that testing is involved. my background is originally in Chemical Engineering, so the set up & arrangments for testing are not too difficult.

I don't think we can afford a Chromatograph right now but I know a company I used to work for that has one, and we can arrange with them at a reasonable price, or use tech college & university facilities.

once a co-op is started I am sure that more will join us.

Comment

Schwarz - bring it on. I like the sound of it. Give me a shout if you need a hand with anything. I'd really like to see a project like this succeed, as this was one of the prime reasons I started this forum - to allow people like you and the rest of us to find each other in order to organise into something better.
            Robert.
            Site Admin.

Comment

Sounds good. I'm in Bexley. My bf has filled up a couple of times at the VP at Hurstville, but from what I've read on this forum, sometimes it's not great to trust VP fuel. If I could be guaranteed that it was quality BD, I'd be in for sure!!

Comment

I went to Marulan today (north of Goulburn) and they were selling BioDiesel at the Truck Stop on the northern side for $1.21 per litre.

Comment

Originally posted by Cal View Post
                  I went to Marulan today (north of Goulburn) and they were selling BioDiesel at the Truck Stop on the northern side for $1.21 per litre.
                  Was it in a truck 'only' area or for everybody and was it easily scene or in fine print?
                  George

Comment

The truck stop is fairly well set up for heavy trucks.

We were actually going to go in and get some diesel but I was only filling plastic jerry cans for our diesel generator and I know that the bigger high flow nozzles of some of the service stations won't even fit into the neck of my jerry cans, so we didn't bother going to that service station and went to another one across the road.

As for the print, it was as big as the normal diesel and ULP in font size and price size.

The normal diesel was about $1.25 p/ltr. There was only a few cents in the price difference.

I am certainly not set up to make my own biodiesel but I wouldn't mind getting into it because it is costing us an absolute fortune for diesel to run the household generator to power the property when the solar system fails us.

Comment

Supplies at Marulan sounds good
                      I'll be looking tomorrow - having bought 20L extra B100 at home hoping that will extend the car's range far enough to do 1,000km and run about a bit - I use about 5.5L per 100km, less if I drive more slowly..

and have you considered a wind turbine for a bit more household power -
                      we have started with a wind turbine and will be adding solar panels in the new year.

Comment

We already have a wind turbine and 20 solar panels but it doesn't keep up with my demands at the moment because the batteries are on their way out.

Next year we will be getting bigger batteries.

Did you find the service station with the bio-diesel at Marulen today?

Comment

Marulan Fuel
                          At Truckstop 31 on west side of highway, north of BP station
                          go into Truck entrance. Bowser marked, writing not that big, it was the middle one.
                          I didn't need to purchase but if I do will ask the important questions.

Comment

Followup - Marulan

biodiesel is sourced from a plant a Maitland, taken to Wollongong, blended to 80:20 by unknown distributor and then goes to Marulan.
                            So why can't I find any in Wollongong when I look there?

Not sure why perfectly good stuff is blended, but this isn't going to stop next year, as NSW produced only 35% of its usual canola crop, and there just won't be enough for making biodiesel.

Comment

Working...
                            X