Mr Funnel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mr Funnel

Does anyone know where one can purchase a Mr Funnel? Also, has anyone used one?

I can buy one on Ebay in the states, but I'd rather buy it in Australia.

It sounds like it'd be an excellent funnel/filter...

Thanks,

Justin
    quesoburgesa
    Last edited by quesoburgesa; 15 September 2006, 08:39 PM.

Re: Mr Funnel

The Australian distributor is:
    Wade Air

Business Hours Mon - Fri: 8:50am - 6:00pm
    Sat: 9:50am - 3:00pm
    Sales and Orders Tel: +61 2 6365 5111
    Fax: +61 2 6365 5123
    Email: orders@wadeair.com.au
    Mailing Address Wadeair
    PO Box 247
    Spring Hill NSW 2800
    Location Hangar 1
    Orange Airport
    Spring Hill NSW 2800
    General Enquires Tel: +61 2 6365 5111
    Fax: +61 2 6365 5123
    Email: mail@wadeair.com.au

The makers say: "Mr Funnel is not designed to work with BioDiesel"

Comment

Thanks for the contact info. Where did you read/hear that they say it's not for biodiesel? I couldn't find any reference to it on the Mr Funnel website. In fact, under FAQs, they actually state that it can be used for "all fuels," thus my confusion...

Justin
      quesoburgesa
      Last edited by quesoburgesa; 16 September 2006, 03:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by quesoburgesa
        Thanks for the contact info. Where did you read/hear that they say it's not for biodiesel? I couldn't find any reference to it on the Mr Funnel website. In fact, under FAQs, they actually state that it can be used for "all fuels," thus my confusion...

Justin
        I emailed the company asking for the contact and if it was suitable for biodiesel and ther responded with:
        "Not suitable for biodiesel!"
        ...pity!

Comment

Not suitable for biodiesel? I use one for all my re-filling with biodiesel. The teflon screen is used to keep water droplets out of the fuel. The teflon doesn't seem to care if the water is in biodiesel or petrol diesel. It will also catch bits of material in the fuel.

Since I only use a pre-wash, followed by an overnight bubble dry (I use low-conversion biodiesel so I don't water wash), there is always a bit of glycerin in the bottom of the container. If I get to far near the bottom of the container, glycerin will enter the funnel. The water trap in the bottom of the funnel helps to collect any glycerin that accidently gets in the funnel, instead of flowing straight into the tank on a conventional funnel.

I would say that the funnel screen is much more effective for water droplets rather than glycerin, but I like the system (especially when I had to refill in the rain one miserble day). The screen does impede the flow of the fuel, so I have to pour a bit slower.

Comment

Hi All
            Just for the sake of dispersing information
            A good filter come water in biodiesel can be made by anyone
            If you where to get some good old fashioned Aussie wool and make an insert in a metal funnel to cover say 2/3 of the surface area of the interior of the funnel it will work as a coalescor It need to be about 25-30 mm thick
            It is commonly used in high speed screw type air compressors so as to separate oil for the compressed air by coalescing the oil droplets out of the air stream
            It will do so with water as well as glycerin in biodiesel cotton wool can also be used however cotton wool will need to be dried after use to get rid of the water where with wool a good shake will dislodge all of the water or glycerin trapped
            Cheers
            Chris
            Cheers
            Chris
            Never give up :)

Comment

Working...
            X