200L Drums and more...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 200L Drums and more...

Thought this might be of interest to anyone looking for clear or blue 200L drums.

They weld a 20mm thread insert anywhere you want in the plastic drum for 11.50 a thread and only took like 10 minutes to do. The thread goes all the way through.

All up the drum cost me 50 odd bucks.

Pays to call them first to make sure they have a clear one, if that's what your after.

Place is called Tilkey, 40 Norbury St, Coopers Plains, 38752828.

Cheers

Daniel

PS.
    2000km on 100% bio and counting.
    In the process converting a hot water system as we speak...
    How many times did edison fail at making the light bulb?

"the things I don't know" site:biofuelsforum.com

My 86 HiLux makes me wonder what the poor people drive :P>

Re: 200L Drums and more...

Just thought I'd add to this that after a bit of use I found the welded 20mm thread inserts in the bottom of the plastic drum a bit of a pain and would not seal properly.

Thanks to Peda I chased around and found some 1 inch diameter sink drain like fittings that clamp through my 20mm holes and seal it off tight with no movement or leaks. These fittings were care of Tony Powells.

Cheers

Daniel

PS.
    8000km on 100% bio and counting.
    On my 10th batch of bio in my hot water system...
    How many times did edison fail at making the light bulb?

"the things I don't know" site:biofuelsforum.com

My 86 HiLux makes me wonder what the poor people drive :P>

Comment

Originally posted by wheelbarrow View Post
      Just thought I'd add to this that after a bit of use I found the welded 20mm thread inserts in the bottom of the plastic drum a bit of a pain and would not seal properly.

Thanks to Peda I chased around and found some 1 inch diameter sink drain like fittings that clamp through my 20mm holes and seal it off tight with no movement or leaks. These fittings were care of Tony Powells.

Cheers

Daniel
      PS.
      8000km on 100% bio and counting.
      On my 10th batch of bio in my hot water system...
      If I may make a comment, don't know how you use your plastic drum but I have found that some plastic's bugger up with bio. Had a baler with a heavy plastic handle which snapped plus plastic tap failed. All my stuff is steel, brass or wood and no trouble. Might look a bit rough but works. 100,000 Ks now in a old Cruiser. Also put a copper bib on fuel tank filler as was sick of repainting where the drips ate the paint. Grey Hair

Comment

High density Polyetylene is fine. HDPE used a few of these for years and they hold biodiesel fine.

Matt
        Biodiesel Bandit

Landcruiser '98 80 series B100.

Comment

Working...
        X