Source for old lpg cylinder - Sydney area

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Source for old lpg cylinder - Sydney area

I'm looking for an old lpg cylinder, 18kg or 27kg for my processor. Anybody know where I could get one in the Sydney area?
    G

Re: Source for old lpg cylinder - Sydney area

Out of interest, why do you want an Lpg Cylinder and why these sizes?
    I would guess the size Cylinders you are wanting are only going to hold 20-35L which seems a small amount for the work required to make one of these tanks into a processor. Perhaps using a 60L oil drum may be a better proposition. This would give you about 50L of Bio per batch.

Perhaps for the LPG Cylinders you could try ringing some of the suppliers like boral gas and the like and asking if they have any old ones. I think you would be lucky to get them though from a liability concern on their part.
    Another source of larger tanks would be the places that do LPG conversions for cars. I know they remove the cylinders that go out of spec and parts for the valves cannot be sourced any more.

There was a thread on here a while back about working on these Cylinders safely so please make sure you do know what you are doing with them and don't get your head blown off.

Comment

Re: Source for old lpg cylinder - Sydney area

I like the concept of using a solid steel tank that I can tap into and one which has a curved bottom. The 27kg size should hold about 50L.

I'd planned to air it out and fill it with water before working on it as I still value my head.

but...if something else turnes up...

Comment

Working...
      X