PDA

View Full Version : Brisbane meet and greet

SUZUDDIS
31st August 2010, 02:56 PM
I'm new to the Bio Diesel forums but have been trying successfully so far to create Bio Diesel. What I'd like to do though is get a better idea of what everyone else does and what they find. If anyone would like, I'd like to have a meet and greet , chew the fat. doesn't need to be formal , a beer and local discussion regarding Bio Diesel or vehicle conversions.
PM me or reply if anyone would like.:(

silver_fox_aus1
31st August 2010, 07:35 PM
Hi Suzuddis,
I am in Bundaberg but with enough notice I would like to come down

Gene

SUZUDDIS
1st September 2010, 06:15 PM
Gene

That's one response. :) It's already september so would look for October / November then. Give it time and see what turns up.

Enjoy the week.

Michael

Captaincademan
1st September 2010, 08:31 PM
Hideho,

Count me in, I would love to be part of a get together. Happily have it at our place but our yard is a bit small, and i dont have a very elaborate set up, so its probably not the best working example for the uninitiated. I look foward to putting some more faces to id tags though!

SUZUDDIS
3rd September 2010, 02:34 PM
Sounds good Captain.
I think late October would probably be good. Should hopefully be enough notice for anyone in remote areas to be able to attend.
I might look through the post's and see if I can message some of the other members.

regards
Michael

Phildevoid
14th September 2010, 02:07 PM
Gday Guys,

I've been thinking about this for a while but organization isn't one of my specialities. I'm vege only myself but have found on my travels that we all have projects and ideas that overlap. Can we move this to the WVO forum also to get a better turn out?

Cheers
Phil

SUZUDDIS
16th September 2010, 04:39 PM
Phill
of course it can be moved. I don't know how to do that though. I have managed to secure a facility at a local bru 4 u warehouse. They have very kindly offered to put on some beer and let us use their space.
I have tried to fit with Saturday the 23rd of October if that is ok.:D

joe
16th September 2010, 06:11 PM
This isn't a bad spot for this thread but QLD Biodiesel users could be renamed to QLD Biofuels users.

If someone uses the "New Posts" link above all newly updated threads will come up in the search.

Any suggestions for some house keeping?

silver_fox_aus1
17th September 2010, 07:17 AM
SAT 23 October is a good day for me
Gene

Captaincademan
17th September 2010, 08:57 AM
Excellent. thats great, Count me in. Really look forward to it.

SUZUDDIS
17th September 2010, 02:29 PM
Sounds good. I have emailed Ryan and Brett from Scintex over the southside and they are going to contact some of their customer base to get some more attendees.

Joe. The only housekeeping I know of is mopping ??:rolleyes:

If anyone wants to bring along some kind of example of they way they do things, that would be great. Although I do understand the complexity of some setups.:eek: Mine is still coming together and hope to have something to show.

Captaincademan
17th September 2010, 03:11 PM
Great idea. Does the Bru-4-u have a telly or something? maybe a presentation board so we all could maybe bring some print outs of photos we have taken of our setups? throw them on a board or something and that would be a great starter for discussions.....maybe a photo or two of brewer or vehicle mods as a requirement for attendance? (unless you are new to the game of course!!) just chucking ideas up to see where they fall.....

SUZUDDIS
20th September 2010, 01:50 PM
Hello everyone. Sorry but I don't think they have any kind of presentation device. It's not a large place but there should be room for up to 20 people. Also , bring a camp chair or folding chair to sit on. I wouldn't like to push the host to supply any more than the booze.:o For anyone coming , please remember we are being invited the their facility.;) When it gets closer to the date I'll post the exact address so lookout for further info. or PM me and I can supply.

Aaron
20th September 2010, 08:58 PM
Sounds great count me in thanks aaron.

ossie551
21st September 2010, 05:33 PM
Sounds to be a good idea my have to see if i am free to attend.

Ossie.Bne.Au

wheelbarrow
23rd September 2010, 10:31 AM
Sounds like a great idea.

Can't go past exchanging ideas.

Do we have an address for the location as yet?

Cheers

Daniel

SUZUDDIS
23rd September 2010, 10:58 AM
The address for the Brisbane Meet is 48 Zillmere Rd , Boondall. It's just over the road from the Palms Motel at Boondall / Nudgee.
The owner , Bru 4 U has invited a small group of people to attend their premises to enjoy a get together to discuss WVO / SVO / Bio. we don't have a huge window of time. It will be between 2 - 4pm on the Saturday. I'll try to get there a little earlier maybe 1:30pm.

SUZUDDIS
4th October 2010, 09:12 PM
Joe and Phil , are you two interested in joining us ? I have 6 so far. More Beers for me . If anyone has any photo's I'd be willing to print them out on a3 paper before hand so we can all look at what everyone does.

Wheelbarrow , I'd like to see the appleseed processor. got any photos ?

Also anyone with a wvo conversion ? any pics ?

Michael

Phildevoid
5th October 2010, 04:53 PM
Yep I'm keen.

wheelbarrow
5th October 2010, 11:33 PM
All the pics of my processor are on this thread -----> http://www.biofuelsforum.com/qld_biodiesel_users/8724-processor_hell.html

joe
5th October 2010, 11:40 PM
This Saturday? Sorry I'll be up the north shore burning juice.

SUZUDDIS
6th October 2010, 09:27 AM
Joe

It's Saturday the 23rd of this month. Not this Saturday.:D

Hope to see you there if you can.

Michael

joe
6th October 2010, 08:36 PM
OK could be good if I can get some kids sat for the day.

SUZUDDIS
12th October 2010, 05:54 PM
There has been a change in time for the Meet and Greet. Julie the host has asked that we start at Midday and finish at Three PM. Hope this is ok for everyone. still on the 23rd.:D

SUZUDDIS
18th October 2010, 09:34 PM
Can anyone bring along their Titration stuff ? I'm still trying to get a handle on this. I have made some successful batches but learn from hands on. I'll bring some well settled oil to have a look at. we have a nice big stainless table to work on if needed. I'll bring the fold out camp table.
see you Saturday .

SUZUDDIS
24th October 2010, 03:55 PM
Thankyou to all those who made an effort to turn up on Saturday. I enjoyed myself and thankfully Cade brought along his titration kit for all to see. now I know how to successfully titrate. Thanks Cade. Thankyou to everyone for bringing their cars along and showing what they do to make them run, especially the WVO users. Gene , especially for bringing your son and the chook fat ute. A special thanks to Ron and Julie for having us and also the guys at Scintex for their fantastic donations.

I hope to have another get together in the new year and would plan for Feb 2011. this time I'll try not to make any time changes so people can plan ahead.
I've learnt that I know a little about some things but after speaking to everyone , I now know a lot more to make me comfortable about what it is I'm doing. So thanks.

kind regards
Michael

wheelbarrow
25th October 2010, 09:25 AM
Well done to organise this Michael, send the big thank you to Ron and Julie.

Was nice to meet some fellow local enthusiasts.

God bless fish and chips :P>

Cheers

Daniel

silver_fox_aus1
25th October 2010, 07:27 PM
Ty Michael,
It was great of you to organise such a great venue with excellent hosts ( Beer was delish).
My son matt says ty to all and the knowledge gained was just great learnt so much.
Wee have only just got home a little while ago so will say niters.

Looking forward to the next one already, especially to try some of the things I learnt.

Look forward to seeing more next time as it is a really rewarding afternoon

Bye All gene

P.S. ty to all that attended was great meeting you face to face

SUZUDDIS
4th November 2010, 08:00 PM
For all those who wish to get together in the new year. I propose mid Feb 2011.
I will see if July and Ron want visitors again. This time it will be earlier in the day so we can continue if we need to move. maybe go see someones processor. I'm up for feedback and also offerings of premises.

regards
Michael Jones

Ps. I know this is a little way down the track but it takes that long to get people organised and it creeps up fast anyway.:D

SUZUDDIS
29th December 2010, 04:49 PM
To all who attended the Brissy meet and also wanted to attend. I am organising another for Feb. I will get in touch with Ron and Julie and see if they would like to host again.

I'll post a date and put into the calender.

regards

Michael

SUZUDDIS
16th February 2011, 10:19 AM
I'm not sure what happened to my last post :confused: I thought I posted a reply for Feb 26th . Next Saturday. not this coming one:D

Julie and Ron have put down a brew and look forward to seeing people from lunch time onwards.
regards

Michael Jones

Tony From West Oz
16th February 2011, 09:41 PM
There is another thread with a similar title at http://www.biofuelsforum.com/qld_biodiesel_users/8989-brisbane_users_meet_greet.html#post50199

SUZUDDIS
17th February 2011, 11:54 AM
Tony

thanks , I got a bit lost. sorry about that.:o

vapor
17th February 2011, 08:43 PM
Tony

thanks , I got a bit lost. sorry about that.:o
about nnnnmeet-greet please contact t y

SUZUDDIS
25th February 2011, 10:31 AM
Vapor

did you see the post in the latest Meet and Greet info ?

regards

Michael jones

SUZUDDIS
25th April 2011, 08:20 PM
For anyone that wants to come along to a meet and greet in Brisbane.
I have posted twice by the looks of it.

http://www.biofuelsforum.com/qld_biodiesel_users/8989-brisbane_users_meet_greet.html

We are organising another meeting in June. put you thought forward and if you can come, that'll be great.
Michael

Matt
2nd May 2011, 08:59 PM
I'll be there and looking forward to helping others and a good coffee and good company. Pork is a side benefit!

Can bring 20 litres of B100 if anyone wants some (crack cocaine marketing hat on)

Matt

Captaincademan
16th May 2011, 10:40 AM
Righto you lot,

For everyone (except Gene) who is coming to the Biodiesel meet and greet next month, can you please do two things:

Let me know who you are (via this post so everyone knows who is coming) and your contact details (via PM just to keep it safe - I will reply via PM with my address etc)
Bring some Bio or good dry filtered oil that Gene can use to get home in a container you dont want back. If you dont have any oil or Bio, please flick Gene a few bucks for his efforts.
The reason for this is that Gene is coming all the way from god's country near Bunderberg and is bringing the tucker too.

If you happen to have some nifty little invention you devised or cool way of doing something (with your clothes on), please feel free to show and tell.

I will nock up a brew in my appleseed so we can discuss the finer points as well. I think it is safe to say that it will be a whole day event, depending on numbers etc.

Really looking forward to the event. should be great.:D

Tony From West Oz
16th May 2011, 07:37 PM
Keep up the good work over there.
Enjoy youre Meet & Greet

Regards,
Tony

Matt
16th May 2011, 09:13 PM
Cade what time?

Captaincademan
17th May 2011, 08:23 AM
Hi Matt,

I havent really given it any consideration yet, but I reckon mayby 9 or 10 am? Gene will come a bit earlier so we can get the spit roast nice and hot because Miss piggy will take a while to cook. I reckon if we whack a brew on early, we could give the fire a bit of a shove along with some ready made Bio!!! HAHAHA.:D:D:D

What does every one reackon about that?

cheers and beers,

Matt
19th May 2011, 06:48 PM
Sounds fine, watch out for bio on a fire, did this once and the fire (raging) almost went out then flared up quite well after the flash point was reached. Use sparingly..

Captaincademan
5th June 2011, 10:38 AM
Hi All,

Well bugger.... It looks like we have to put the Meet and Greet off for another weekend. :( One of the key participants cant make it this coming weekend now. The new date that is proposed is the 16th July.:o Still at my place, and yes it will actually happen. :)

I am very sorry to disappoint anyone, especially at this late stage, however it is unfortunately neccessary.

We would love to see some new faces at the get together, so please, all you brisabanites, come and tell us how you make bio! :D

if you would like to come along, please drop me a line.

hooroo.....

Captaincademan
12th July 2011, 02:16 PM
Hi All,

Well the 16th is only a few days away. Unfortunately Gene may not be able to make it, so the piggy is off. However, I will come to the party with a BBQ lunch in place of little babe.

really looking forward to it, however there is only a few takers so far. 250 downunder - your in brissy arent you? come along if you like. That goes for anyone out there who is keen on Bio too.

9am at my place. Will be most of the day I would say.

just bring whatever you want to drink, and maybe a packet of crisps to munch on.

Gunna be a low key easy talking bio day. ;)

Look forward to seeing you all there.:)

Pm me for details if you havent already.

Peda
12th July 2011, 04:57 PM
Sorry Cade.. I cant make it .. we head off for 3 months into the outback very soon. I will catch up with you in October.
cheers
peter

250downunder
12th July 2011, 08:54 PM
Hi Cade,
I had every intention of attending the next meet but the final date now clashes with my annual trip to Stradbroke - We leave on Thursday for one week.
Sorry that I can't make it; maybe next time.

Matt
13th July 2011, 09:41 PM
Bugger, was hoping to put some faces to the names and reaquant myself with some older ones, dating back to the first ever day, now that was interesting back in about 2003.

Oh well, there is always next time.

Captaincademan
14th July 2011, 08:36 AM
Hi Peter and 250,

Sorry you wont be able to make it, but as Matt says there is always next time.

Hey Matt and Phildevoid, you blokes are still coming arent you?

There is Suzzudis and Grey hair coming as well. I think Suzzudis is bringing someone from Brew-4-you, and a mate of mine will also be there.

Not sure if Gene will make it yet, we will wait and see.

It will be a good oppurtunity to have a chat and talk all things oily.:)

If you have an innovation, (bio related or not) bring it along and show your talents!

I will go through an entire batch process and we can talk about each step, and hopefully by everyone brainstorming we can collectively improve on our designs and develop more efficient ways of reaching our end goal - clean safe and reliable fuel.

It seems this forum is painstakingly maintained and devloped by few for the good of all, and I think we should at least get together and continue the good work.

Dont not come because you are shy or by contrast feel you have nothing to learn by talking to a bunch of nongs, because you might just learn something or be able to show the group a thing or two!

The more rock up the better.

My house is easy to get to near the bruce highway not far from Northlakes, so you can make a quick getaway if you want....

BBQ lunch on me (snags and chicken wings). just bring a long a sixer of beer (or whatever floats your boat) and a nibble or two if you like.

9am till the arvo.

as you can understand, am reluctant to post my private details for all the world to see, so PM me please if you dont have my details.

come along and tell us your ideas!

see you all saturday morning.

vapor
14th July 2011, 05:59 PM
cap...please forward address for saturday will try to get there ..vapor(bill prince . allan.prince060@gmail.com ph 54638261 ty.

Captaincademan
14th July 2011, 07:20 PM
Right, I have got a name for saturday's gig.

COBCON 2011

Chip Oil Baron's Conference 2011

Be there or be .... Well, less informed, I guess.

Hooroo....

Captaincademan
16th July 2011, 06:43 PM
Well COBCON 2011 was a great success.

A big thank you to all for coming.

Michael, thanks for the great coffee. by far the best I have had. (no Bullsh#t)

Grey hair, thanks for the excitement!

Matt and Ashley, thanks for showing just how successful we can all be with long term Bio use. Between you two blokes, myself and Grey hair, I think we have a combined 600,000 km trouble free bio use! quite astounding.

Bill, thanks for the great rum. much appreciated. I hope you had a safe trip home. I hope you were able to get some benefit from the day, after all, we all love helping people start out.

Stewie, thanks for the great north Queensland snags, bloody tops they were!

Much-os Good-er-os.

Sorry you couldn't make it Gene, Peda and 250 downunder, you missed out on a pleasant day.

I am sitting back with a scotch on the rocks all warm and cosy with a big smile on my dial. Its all good.;)

Cheers Boys,

SUZUDDIS
18th July 2011, 09:27 PM
Cade

Thanks for a nice day. sorry I had to leave at 3. Thanks for the vote of confidence for the coffee.:D
Thanks for the BBQ and relaxed day. Say thanks to your dad for his very entertaining product.:eek:
I put a deposit on a Jeep XJ Diesel today so looking forward to ordering the oil kit. Will keep you informed on the progress.;)

Thanks mate for a great day and look forward to the next meet.

Michael

silver_fox_aus1
20th July 2011, 09:13 AM
Hi ALL,

I am so glade you had such a wonderful day, as I knew you would, It was with a very heavy heart that I could not go because of all the sickness in the family, my thought were with you all day and look forward to the next time you meet.

Gene.

P.S. I would encourage all of you who have not been to attend the next meeting.

vapor
20th July 2011, 09:58 PM
c/m had a great day sat16th? great bunch of blokes!! excellent info sharing ,interesting recipe in frypan!!nice meal..t/y. impressive setup.seems the best way to go...can offer venue for a future meet@greet down side is that its near boonah. overnight camping ok compost toilet,beds four or so people, more if swags brought..cooking facilities available @campfire site wives,kids,dogs welcome. thanks again vapor........................

SUZUDDIS
21st July 2011, 03:58 PM
Vapour

I'd be up for that. :D overnighter with the tent and car sounds good. I'm up for going to Baffle Creek even :D Look forward to the next meet.

Gene , Hope the boys are ok and things aren't too cold for you all. Look forward to seeing you guys again soon.

regards

Michael
Ps . I've sold the DDIS vitara and now drive a 2.5 Diesel Jeep XJ Cherokee. :DIt's my new project as an oiler.

BioBen
6th September 2011, 12:37 PM
Hey guys,

I'd love to meet up with some other bio users. I'm looking at putting a dual tank system in my Pajero, but have been on hold whilst waiting for parts to arrive. I've got a sneaking suspicion that October 23rd coincides with a w/e that I'm babysitting... What time were you thinking though - perhaps I could bring the lad along with me? He's 14 and it could be an interesting experience for both of us! Keep me posted anyways.

Cheers,

~ Ben