Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you have a broadcast-quality voice? (Even if you don't - I want to talk to you!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you have a broadcast-quality voice? (Even if you don't - I want to talk to you!)

Hi all

I'm a newby here - my brother, RASteve (VIC), directed me here. He is an avid biodiesel-maker, and despite my wheel-less-ness (!!), I have become interested in biofuel by extension - the environmental, social and political aspects of biofuel production in particular.

I am a student journalist, and I want to write a story (and hope to produce a radio item) on biodiesel. I notice that you held a "shed day" a few weeks ago, and even though it's "ancient history" already, I would love to have a chat with someone about the local Canberra community of Biodiesel users.

If anyone would like to meet up/have a chat over the phone at some stage over the next few days, it would be great if you could post a message here.

Cheers

Lauren.

Re: Do you have a broadcast-quality voice? (Even if you don't - I want to talk to you!)

Lauren,
    Firstly, please don’t think that because no one will answer your post we are a bunch of ignoramuses. The main problem (I am sure I speak for many here) is that you put the following words “journalist”, “story” and “BioDiesel” into the same sentence. We are in fact shy rather that rude.

Can I suggest that if you want to write a story with a home made fuel theme, you look towards the nonsensical government legislation in regards to home made BioDiesel excise. This legislation is the reason most BioDiesel brewers are shy towards any form of public openness. In the governments eyes we are a bunch of tax evaders when in fact for most, it is not the financial benefits that fuels the motivation to collect stinking waste oil and spend countless hours building systems and turning it into fuel, it is our answer to a common question… “What can I do that will make a difference?” The question that a lot people dismiss as too hard!

We need the media on side to help raise public awareness of the government’s blatant disregard of our rights as humans to do whatever we can to respect this planet. Then hopefully, the government will realize that public perception is changing and will alter legislation so as to win themselves some extra votes. When this happens I am sure you will be swamped with people wanting to show the world how they too can make a difference. Until that time I will stay in the background doing the best I can with the comfort of knowing it is the right thing, even thou I am considered an outlaw by our government.

Here is a link to a website that will give you simple overview of the current situation with more links from there to detailed information if you require.
    http://www.mypage.tsn.cc/biodiesel/index.htm
    and make sure you see
    http://www.mypage.tsn.cc/biodiesel/excise_legal.htm

and have a read of this thread it will give you more insight into the mind set of BD Users
    http://www.biofuelsforum.com/general...chase_you.html

Good luck, Chris
    96 Mitsubishi Delica Jasper SOLD [piece of junk]
    93 1HDT Landcruiser SOLD [still going strong]
    90 1HDT Landcruiser Current
    Combined total of 380,000kms on Bio Diesel with no problems related to bio.

Comment

Re: Do you have a broadcast-quality voice? (Even if you don't - I want to talk to you

Originally posted by Lauren View Post
      Hi all

I'm a newby here - my brother, RASteve (VIC), directed me here. He is an avid biodiesel-maker, and despite my wheel-less-ness (!!), I have become interested in biofuel by extension - the environmental, social and political aspects of biofuel production in particular.

I am a student journalist, and I want to write a story (and hope to produce a radio item) on biodiesel. I notice that you held a "shed day" a few weeks ago, and even though it's "ancient history" already, I would love to have a chat with someone about the local Canberra community of Biodiesel users.

If anyone would like to meet up/have a chat over the phone at some stage over the next few days, it would be great if you could post a message here.

Cheers

Lauren.
      Hey Loz,

Given your new situation, do you want to have another crack at this one? A fantastic opportunity to drum up some action in your local area!!! The readers you have now are the sort who would snap this **** up.

Cheers, Steve.

Comment

Re: Do you have a broadcast-quality voice? (Even if you don't - I want to talk to you

Maybe I (or someone from ABU) could also talk to you if you want. PM me if so.

Cheers,
        Robert.
        Site Admin.

Comment

Working...
        X