Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Availability of commercial Biodiesel

Hi all,
    Just received a reply to a email from Freedom Fuels about availability of B20.

Thankyou for your enquiry John,

We envisage that the first B20 store on the northside for us will be Nudgee. We will be listing B20 supply information on our website from early October. We’ve received an overwhelming response to B20 which is extremely pleasing.

Our website can be found at www.freedomfuel.com.au

Many Thanks

Natalie Tuffley
    Retail Operations Manager

Freedom Fuels

Hope that helps some,
    Regards
    John H

Re: Availability of commercial Biodiesel

Good to see that they do reply to their emails, I have sent one to them and also called them, haven't heard anything from them via email and the woman that answered my call stated that she didn't know but would get back to me, gave her my email addy and phone number and still waiting, that was back in november, and it is now January.

So would anyone be able to help me out, as their website doesn't list what sites have it and what sites don't, so where on the south side of brisbane can I get myself some of the good stuff... I do know about the site near minden heading out west.

Comment

Local servo (200m away) is going to be selling B20 soon too (Freedom) pity they don't know what's around the corner! Had to stop in the other day for $10 worth of the dirty stuff, that hurt.

Matt
      Biodiesel Bandit

Landcruiser '98 80 series B100.

Comment

Good Afternoon,

I work for Freedom Fuels and would like to let everyone know that we are nearing completion of replacing diesel completely with Bio Diesel at all of our sites in South-East Queensland.

The sites that currently supply B20 Bio Diesel are:
        Allora
        Beenleigh
        Brendale
        Eight Mile Plains
        Fernvale
        Goodna
        Grange
        Kedron
        Kuraby
        Marsden
        Mt Gravatt
        Ningi
        Nudgee
        Redbank Plains
        Ruthven Street, Toowoomba
        Seven Hills
        Taylor Street, Toowoomba
        Thorneside
        Victoria Point
        Wakerley
        West Ipswich
        Withcott
        Wooloowin

There are more continually being added to this list as we change over sites or add new sites.

If you have any questions please feel free to reply here or send me an email.

Kirk

Comment

Great news Kirk. You should add those sites to the biodiesel finder map as well so you get listed properly.

Cheers,
          Robert.
          Site Admin.

Comment

Thanks for that. I've added most of the sites into the map.

I tried to be as accurate as possible with the locations but if I was slightly unsure I added the address into the information.

I'll continue to update the map as we change more sites over.

Comment

Look'n good. The Brisbane area looks a lot more populated with biodiesel now, glad to see.
              Robert.
              Site Admin.

Comment

Re: Availability of commercial Biodiesel from Freedom fuel

Hi to all biodiesel supporter. I am new to the form and i have a 2006 Peugeot 307 HDi. Recently, i have start buying and using Freedom fuel's B20 Biodiesel. I have found my fuel economy have gone up. Just wanted to know have anyone exprience this as well? B4 i was using Caltex LSD ,Neumann Petrol ULSD, and BP USLD. I was clocking average 4.7 ~4.8L/ 100km. Now, with the B20 ,i noticed it has gone up to 5.1 L/ 100km. Power n Torque response seems marginally less. I am wondering has any 307 HDi owners exprienced this, as i am concern with the increase fuel economy

I have also trial the engine oil for the HDi engine. Mainly Motul 8100 excess (5w-40, B3-4/A3-4) and Motul 8100 Eco-energy ( 5w-30, B5/ A5) the Eco energy is suppose to increase my fuel economy. But i have found there is no change compared to the 8100 excess. I was also wanting to know if any peugeot 307 HDi in brisbane have their car serviced at Euroserve in newstead and how they have found their service and experience.... til then... thanks!

Comment

Thanks KirkJ,
                  I went past the Brendale site the other day and noticed the Diesel bowser had Elite Diesel on it and I was going to check it out but as usual did not get around to it.
                  Good Job,
                  John H

Comment

Freedom Fuels now has 35 Retail locations all supplying Elite Diesel which is a 20% Biodiesel blend, or B20.

Locations of all our stores can be found at Fuel / Groceries / Food - Freedom & Freedom Express - Fuel / Groceries / Food

Freeedom Fuels also supplies B20 to bulk fuel customers, and can supply to equipment on site.

To find out more call 07 3623 4276, or 3623 4233.

Comment

Is it true that the B20 blend Freedom are doing is blended in such a way so as to still meet the mineral spec? If so, this is a very important fact to note as all that silly crap that vehicle manufacturers carry on with about biodiesel voiding warranty goes out the window.
                      If it meets the mineral diesel spec, they have to support it.
                      Robert.
                      Site Admin.

Comment

Robert,
                        Unfortunately, they do not have to accept it. Gull has been supplying B20, for almost 12 months now, that they claim meets Diesel Spec, and even the RAC WA speaks out against it.

Tony
                        Life is a journey, with problems to solve, lessons to learn, but most of all, experiences to enjoy.

Current Vehicles in stable:
                        '06 Musso Sports 4X4 Manual Crew Cab tray back.
                        '04 Rexton 4X4 Automatic SUV
                        '2014 Toyota Prius (on ULP) - Wife's car

Previous Vehicles:
                        '90 Mazda Capella. (2000 - 2003) My first Fatmobile. Converted to fun on veggie oil with a 2 tank setup.
                        '80 Mercedes 300D. 2 tank conversion [Sold]
                        '84 Mercedes 300D. 1 tank, no conversion. Replaced engine with rebuilt OM617A turbodiesel engine. Finally had good power. Engine donor for W123 coupe. (body parted out and carcass sold for scrap.)
                        '85 Mercedes Benz W123 300CD Turbodiesel
                        '99 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my darling Wife's car)[sold]
                        '98 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my car)[sold]
                        '06 Musso Sports Crew Cab well body. [Head gasket blew!]
                        '04 Rexton SUV 2.9L Turbodiesel same as Musso - Our Family car.
                        '06 Musso sports Crew Cab Trayback - My hack (no air cond, no heater).

Searching the Biofuels Forum using Google
                        Adding images and/or documents to your posts

Comment

Thank's for the update Natalie.
                          Regards
                          John H

Comment

Working...
                          X