Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• troubles getting stuff

Hi all,

I'm having troubles locating a pump that will pump both dirty WVO both at pickup and when using appleseed method of processing. Something around 2000Ltrs/Hr

Cheers
    Joe
    Joe Morgan
    Brisbane Biodiesel Site Admin
    http://www.brisbanebiodiesel.com

Searching tips using Google - SVO Dual tank systems
    SVO, Common Rail and Direct Injection - Vehicles converted to Used Cooking Oil

Re: troubles getting stuff

Hi Joe,
    I'm probably stating the obvious here, but a dual function pump such as this may be hard to find as the operational requirements are totally different. Presumeably, when you collect the WVO it will be used from the back of a vehicle and need to be 12V. It will also need to be self priming on the suction side. Pumps used on appleseed type reactors are usually 240V and gravity primed, ie the tank is higher than the pump. Personally I wouldn't relish the thought of repeatedly dis-assembling the pump from my reactor plumbing each time I needed to collect oil.
    Having said that, there is a bewildering array of different types of pumps available through the Trading Post and on Ebay so you may be able to find one. When I was on the look out, most of the guys selling pumps seemed very helpful. The 'clear water pump' style used on appleseeds are relativley cheap, I paid $80 for mine. Pumps with good suction will cost a fair bit more, especially if powered by 12V.
    On the infopop forum some guys say they have used small pumps powered by a cordless drill for oil recovery. I bought one of these but it wouldn't even suck water out of a bucket

Comment

Working...
    X