locust guts removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• locust guts removal

No doubt you know how hard it is to the locust guts of the front of your car, I found the soap that I make from caustic striping takes them off better than anything else Ive tryed, It also takes much of the haze of polycarbonate headlights. I just mix half soap half water and clean it with a soft cloth the guts come straght off. I then wash the car with normal soap. It works for me, but use it at your own risk, I apologise in advance if it also takes the paint off or burns a hole in the windscreen

Re: locust guts removal

Hey Smith W,

how are you? The locusts here are a real pain in the butt The flooding is not much better

Thanks for the tip, I've been using a paint scraper to clean my troopies grill.
    Got to love the country lifestyle hey.

God bless, Froggo
    HJ45 Landcruiser Troopy
    Home made 2 tank system
    Blending in main diesel tank
    SVO/WVO Converted 18/01/08
    http://www.biofuelsforum.com/svo_users/3667-hj45_troopy_conversion.html

Comment

Re: locust guts removal

I've found a mix of Glycerol works well on stuck bugs. Let it soak for a few minutes and wipe/wash them off.

Tim
      Toyota Landcruiser 1988 HJ61 Manual Wagon
      12H-T turbo Direct Injection.
      Twin Tank setup runs on 100% WVO after warm up. 30 plate FPHE with 80°C output, 12mm fuel lines
      Start up and shut down electric fuel pump feeds IP direct.
      Front 4WDSytstems Lokka, Rear ARB airlokka for quick escapes up sandhills. Performance GTurbo with 600mm FMIC gives 450nm @ 1700rpm at 20psi boost.

Comment

Working...
      X