Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brass or Copper

Hi all,

For some reason I have a belief that you can't use Brass or copper with making or using Bio or Oil. Is this correct or am I just being silly

Any help clarifying this would be appreciated.

Ty Gene

Re: Brass or Copper

Hi Gene
    I believe Cade mentioned this at our last meeting in Brisbane. although I think only one of the two where discussed. don't remember what it was though. The chemicals affected the metal and caused it to corrode. it goes green.
    I've been to a supplier in Brisbane and found that Stainless fittings are cheaper than Brass or Copper and also cheaper than black steel.

See if you have a Tony Powell supplier in your area. They are fantastic with service and supplies. they also have a web site.
    Tony Powell Hose and Fittings Pty Ltd - Home
    if you find anything that you want but can't find a supplier, let me know and I'll get it and ship up to you.

Have a great Christmas and say hello to the boys.
    regards

Michael Jones
    97 Jeep XJ Cherokee on B100. 0 km's on B100 and counting !!!! (Sold)
    2002 Merc ML270 now on B100. (Sold)
    2006 Ssangyong Musso 2.9 t idi (Sold)
    2015 NP300 Navara ( Sold )
    2018 NP300 Navara ( B5 )

Stainless processor with blue water pump.
    Tetragonula Hockingsi

Take the Leap and grow wings on the way down

Comment

Hi Guys,

You two blokes might remember, as I have brass fittings in my set up. Brass ball valves and threaded rod and brass nuts where the outlet is on the drum. its never let me down. yes it does go green though, probably soemthing to do with the copper coming out of the brass. Im not a chemist though, so some of the other blokes who understand these better might be able to provide some answers. all I know is that the brass fittings have been basically sitting in Bio for more than 5 years with no issues.

have fun!!

Comment

Cade

Sorry , forgot. I was also concerned about the use of Brass or Copper. but I think it was "Web Scares" as everyone on the internet said don't use !!! well we all know that the internet doesn't lie....

anyway , hope the modded processor is going properly know. I got a cone built and welded onto a drum.
        97 Jeep XJ Cherokee on B100. 0 km's on B100 and counting !!!! (Sold)
        2002 Merc ML270 now on B100. (Sold)
        2006 Ssangyong Musso 2.9 t idi (Sold)
        2015 NP300 Navara ( Sold )
        2018 NP300 Navara ( B5 )

Stainless processor with blue water pump.
        Tetragonula Hockingsi

Take the Leap and grow wings on the way down

Comment

Hi all if memory serves me correctly the Copper causes the oil to oxidises faster is air than it normaly would. I can not remember where i found that but i have not had any problems over the years of VO use. I thin it would only be a problem for very long term storage.

Ossie

Comment

Working...
          X