Floods in Qld

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Floods in Qld

Having seen many images of the SE Queensland floods tonight, in the news, I appreciate that property damage and injury to or loss of family members may be reality for some forum members who live in those areas.

To those who have been impacted by the floods in the Eastern States, I extend my best wishes and hopes that should you have suffered losses, that those losses will only be material items and not loss of life or injury to the member or family members. I further hope that any material losses are fully covered by your insurances.

If you have been impacted by the floods, please post here the impacts you and your families have suffered, so that we can share in your loss.

Kindest regards,
    Tony
    Life is a journey, with problems to solve, lessons to learn, but most of all, experiences to enjoy.

Current Vehicles in stable:
    '06 Musso Sports 4X4 Manual Crew Cab tray back.
    '04 Rexton 4X4 Automatic SUV
    '2014 Toyota Prius (on ULP) - Wife's car

Previous Vehicles:
    '90 Mazda Capella. (2000 - 2003) My first Fatmobile. Converted to fun on veggie oil with a 2 tank setup.
    '80 Mercedes 300D. 2 tank conversion [Sold]
    '84 Mercedes 300D. 1 tank, no conversion. Replaced engine with rebuilt OM617A turbodiesel engine. Finally had good power. Engine donor for W123 coupe. (body parted out and carcass sold for scrap.)
    '85 Mercedes Benz W123 300CD Turbodiesel
    '99 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my darling Wife's car)[sold]
    '98 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my car)[sold]
    '06 Musso Sports Crew Cab well body. [Head gasket blew!]
    '04 Rexton SUV 2.9L Turbodiesel same as Musso - Our Family car.
    '06 Musso sports Crew Cab Trayback - My hack (no air cond, no heater).

Searching the Biofuels Forum using Google
    Adding images and/or documents to your posts

Re: Floods in Qld

Tony
    Fellow veggers and bio makers

My best wishes as well go to all that have been impacted by this terrible turn of events that mother nature has thrown at you.

I am probably one of the lucky ones, as i too have property in the Lockyer Valley region a smal, town called Laidley. But, i was spared the great surge of water, not by much tho, but still spared. My house is only just 6 months old and i dont think it is covered for floods. this i am going to rectify very soon.

laidley township was not so lucky, i have been sent piccies of the main street, very reminicent of the Fiji floods that i happend to be stuck in a few years back.

I for one will be going up there to offer assistance as maybe required to help out, i have also donated some coinage to help others that were not so lucky.

i ask all of you who read this post, to donate to this worthy cause, every little bit helps, we as Aussies help each other out in times of great need and hardship. despite the fact they have won the State of Origin way too many times,. you never know, we may need some help someday...

that said, i will get off my soap box now
    if it's FERAL, it's in PERIL.

i too belong to P.E.T.A.
    people eating tasty animals.

Comment

Perhaps I was being a little focussed on SE Qld when starting this thread. I have since heard on the news that 3/4 of Qld is affected by floods. I also see that NSW, Vic and SA also have extreme wet weather conditions. The southern 1/2 of WA has a problem at the the opposite end of the spectrum, with drought and fires causing much concern.

I am sure that all forum members are concerned for any members who have suffered losses or still have concerns for their loved ones and property.

These events will take the affected communities years to rebuild and for the personal scars to heal.

Kind regards,

Tony
      Life is a journey, with problems to solve, lessons to learn, but most of all, experiences to enjoy.

Current Vehicles in stable:
      '06 Musso Sports 4X4 Manual Crew Cab tray back.
      '04 Rexton 4X4 Automatic SUV
      '2014 Toyota Prius (on ULP) - Wife's car

Previous Vehicles:
      '90 Mazda Capella. (2000 - 2003) My first Fatmobile. Converted to fun on veggie oil with a 2 tank setup.
      '80 Mercedes 300D. 2 tank conversion [Sold]
      '84 Mercedes 300D. 1 tank, no conversion. Replaced engine with rebuilt OM617A turbodiesel engine. Finally had good power. Engine donor for W123 coupe. (body parted out and carcass sold for scrap.)
      '85 Mercedes Benz W123 300CD Turbodiesel
      '99 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my darling Wife's car)[sold]
      '98 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my car)[sold]
      '06 Musso Sports Crew Cab well body. [Head gasket blew!]
      '04 Rexton SUV 2.9L Turbodiesel same as Musso - Our Family car.
      '06 Musso sports Crew Cab Trayback - My hack (no air cond, no heater).

Searching the Biofuels Forum using Google
      Adding images and/or documents to your posts

Comment

Tony

It seams a bit surreal that we have so much water flooding our states. Unfotunately our water board decided to keep water stocks to sell of at a later date. Oh well.
        I don't know how everyone is just yet and haven't had an email from Jene in Bundaberg for a while. Hopefully he and the boys are ok. We will all be working very hard for the next 6 to 8 months I'm guessing trying to get back to normal.

It's funny that you are going through heat and fire and were all worried about each other. Anyway thanks for the kind thoughts from everyone. I hope that you are all ok and not suffering.

regards
        Michael Jones
        97 Jeep XJ Cherokee on B100. 0 km's on B100 and counting !!!! (Sold)
        2002 Merc ML270 now on B100. (Sold)
        2006 Ssangyong Musso 2.9 t idi (Sold)
        2015 NP300 Navara ( Sold )
        2018 NP300 Navara ( B5 )

Stainless processor with blue water pump.
        Tetragonula Hockingsi

Take the Leap and grow wings on the way down

Comment

Working...
        X