Help How much glycerine will I get ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help How much glycerine will I get ?

Hi, If I make a 40 litres of Bio-Diesel, how much glycerine(waste product) will I get? Have an estimated guess please !!!

Thanks Hamish
    How do the oil companys justify the outageous prices?
    New Zealand buys its oil in 3 weeks in advance but yet when conflict occurs the price jumps up within an hour. Bio-Diesel is BETTER for your engine anyway. :)

Re: Help How much glycerine will I get ?

Hamish,

I read yesterday that in a good brew, the volume of glycerine equals the amount of methoxide you add.

So for for 40 litres of oil, you would add 8 litres of methoxide, producing approx 40 litres of biodiesel and 8 litres of glycerine. I guess this is for new VO.

I've seen posts where people get 80% conversion, eg 32 litres of BD.

What BD & glycerine volumes did you get from you 1 litre tests?

Comment

Gentlemen,

I am relatively new to the world of BD and have yet to make any of my own.
      I have noticed you both asking a lot of question which really are terribly basic and you could easily find the answers to by spending some time reading the threads and infomation posted on the various BD sites.
      Most sites have a search facility which makes looking up specific topics much easier.

There is a lot of info to be learned not just in the postings here but in the stickys at the top of the pages which other sites have as well. One very good site is the infopop site which many of the experienced members here contribute to.

While we are all newbies at some stage, I think we should endeavour to learn as much as possible through our own efforts before asking others to spend their time asking basic things we should most likely find out for ourselves.

Often when reading up on a particular question, you learn a whole lot more in the process and so your knowledge grows rapidly. You may also find that someone else asks a question that you just read up on when you were trying to find something out and then you are able to assist them.

I think a policy of " Search first and ask questions later" helps keep forums more interesting for everyone rather than lessen their value by constantly going over old and well worn ground.

I have found the bio fuels commounity to be extremely helpful but I think it is also important to help ourselves as much as possible.

Comment

In my first batch, I used new VO. I made 1L and got around 600ml biodiesel and 300ml waste. But that was my first batch and now I am alot better

Thanks Hamish
        How do the oil companys justify the outageous prices?
        New Zealand buys its oil in 3 weeks in advance but yet when conflict occurs the price jumps up within an hour. Bio-Diesel is BETTER for your engine anyway. :)

Comment

Working...
        X