Waterless washing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Waterless washing

Hi all the following is from the ebay Biodiesel reactor item. This is one of the questions and answer. Is this a method of waterless washing. I've heard of this before but never really understood it. It it true that if you heat or bubble freshly made biodiesel the methanol will evaporate off and the soap will fall to the bottom?
    Originally posted by from ebay
    Q.Hi,you mentioned in a previous response to a question that your system leaves no waste water to dispose of. How is this achieved with your gear and are there any quality problems associated. Cheers, jason. 25-Sep-06

A: The only reason that soap and water stay suspended in biodiesel is because of the presence of methanol. Evaporate it off by heating and bubbling in an open top drum and the soap drops to the bottom. No wash water, no emulsions. Beginning to end in under 24 hours. There's nothing special about my drums, they're a simple stand pipe arrangement.
    Joe Morgan
    Brisbane Biodiesel Site Admin
    http://www.brisbanebiodiesel.com

Searching tips using Google - SVO Dual tank systems
    SVO, Common Rail and Direct Injection - Vehicles converted to Used Cooking Oil

Re: Waterless washing

Hello Joe,

I know almost nothing about waterless Washing, but the phrase makes me think about "Fighting for Peace"

Anyway, there is a whole boat load of information about this at This location which I have not read.

Tilly

Comment

Re: Waterless washing

I feel that this does not come under the category of "washing", but I have heard that by removing the methanol, residual byproduct and soaps will drop out of solution.
      There should be no water in the biodiesel, unless it was added to the biodiesel.
      Any water in the oil feedstock would casue significant production of soaps and cause poor conversion of the oil into biodiesel.
      Life is a journey, with problems to solve, lessons to learn, but most of all, experiences to enjoy.

Current Vehicles in stable:
      '06 Musso Sports 4X4 Manual Crew Cab tray back.
      '04 Rexton 4X4 Automatic SUV
      '2014 Toyota Prius (on ULP) - Wife's car

Previous Vehicles:
      '90 Mazda Capella. (2000 - 2003) My first Fatmobile. Converted to fun on veggie oil with a 2 tank setup.
      '80 Mercedes 300D. 2 tank conversion [Sold]
      '84 Mercedes 300D. 1 tank, no conversion. Replaced engine with rebuilt OM617A turbodiesel engine. Finally had good power. Engine donor for W123 coupe. (body parted out and carcass sold for scrap.)
      '85 Mercedes Benz W123 300CD Turbodiesel
      '99 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my darling Wife's car)[sold]
      '98 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my car)[sold]
      '06 Musso Sports Crew Cab well body. [Head gasket blew!]
      '04 Rexton SUV 2.9L Turbodiesel same as Musso - Our Family car.
      '06 Musso sports Crew Cab Trayback - My hack (no air cond, no heater).

Searching the Biofuels Forum using Google
      Adding images and/or documents to your posts

Comment

Working...
      X