Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blue Slip and WVO system

Hi,

I'm taking my vegie van (WVO dual tank conversion) for a blue slip next week, wondering if anyone has experience in if i will have any issues. Most of the conversion is out of sight under the drivers seat, so when engine hatch is lifted all is visible is radiator diversion.

Josie

Re: Blue Slip and WVO system

Josie

I would hope that they won't look for any unusual conversions. they should check for leaks and also do an emmissions test. if they pass then all should be ok. have you informed the mechanic of any mod's ?

the worst that can happen is they will ask that you make good to the original engine system. all that you should need to do is put in some manual taps to show that the system has some kind of manual over ride.

good luck
    Michael
    97 Jeep XJ Cherokee on B100. 0 km's on B100 and counting !!!! (Sold)
    2002 Merc ML270 now on B100. (Sold)
    2006 Ssangyong Musso 2.9 t idi (Sold)
    2015 NP300 Navara ( Sold )
    2018 NP300 Navara ( B5 )

Stainless processor with blue water pump.
    Tetragonula Hockingsi

Take the Leap and grow wings on the way down

Comment

Thanks Michael

I haven't told them yet as I still need to figure out costs for getting it back on the road (new gearbox and uni joint). My system uses a pollack valve to switch fuels, both lines have return lines, and there is a cross line between the tank to pollack valve lines with a manual tap for priming the oil tank if i get air in the line. Suppose i should fess up, or make anonymous call.

Comment

Josie

why fix something that isn't broke ??
        If they ask to have it fixed then look at it. are you running WVO or Bio ? from the post it looks like you are running WVO so all you should need to do is put in a manual tap for the coolant so you can prove that you have a complete system.
        If they do an exhaust test and it passes if it fails look then.
        Remember , you put this in place to a. save money and b. use what would normally be thrown out.

Michael
        97 Jeep XJ Cherokee on B100. 0 km's on B100 and counting !!!! (Sold)
        2002 Merc ML270 now on B100. (Sold)
        2006 Ssangyong Musso 2.9 t idi (Sold)
        2015 NP300 Navara ( Sold )
        2018 NP300 Navara ( B5 )

Stainless processor with blue water pump.
        Tetragonula Hockingsi

Take the Leap and grow wings on the way down

Comment

Yep, using WVO. Gearbox split 6 months ago and i couldn't find (and still can't) find a diesel box. Now found out that petrol box can be converted for an extra $400!! Dont think they will do exhaust test. Had a friend get blue slip at same place to convert SA rego to NSW, and they just walked around looking for bod modifications.

Josie

Comment

Originally posted by Josiegrrrl View Post
            Yep, using WVO. Gearbox split 6 months ago and i couldn't find (and still can't) find a diesel box. Now found out that petrol box can be converted for an extra $400!! Dont think they will do exhaust test. Had a friend get blue slip at same place to convert SA rego to NSW, and they just walked around looking for bod modifications.

Josie
            I wouldn't bother telling them anything, you've not changed the vehicles performance or manufactured standard, all you've done is change your fuel type and compensate for that. I lived in NSW for many years and used veggie the whole time and they were only interested in how it all worked, if you've set it up well neat and properly, no worries.

What sort of vehicle do you have that requires a gearbox.
            Alga
            Last edited by Alga; 10 May 2011, 08:28 PM.

Comment

Car is Nissan Urvan 1988 diesel (obviously) 2.7lt 5 speed. myself and 2 mechanics have been looking for 6 months (i live in the blue mountains). From what the wreckers/mechanics tell me (limited mechanical know how - but i have managed to do my own veg setup) that similar box to Nevaro but is only 4 speed. And by the way, she's been on veg oil for 3 years through conversion and 3 years cold start. dunno how many km's thou around 140,000 (not ALL WVO kms).

Thanks all for the thoughts/advice, muchly appreciated.

Comment

A quick look on google shows that there is a diesel urvan wrecking in Marybourgh Queensland with a 5 speed.
                nissan urvan diesel wrecking - Google Search
                The gumtree link has expired but its less than a month old. its free to put in a wanted add or maybe you could contact gumtree for the phone number of the advertiser.

Comment

Thanks smithw, it's all in the timing i say. When box first cracked, there was one down the road, but i didn't want to fork out the $. Now i've conceded that cars just cost money, and sometimes big money.

Josie

Comment

Hi Josiegrrl
                    Just had a thought, a lot of nissan stuff is interchangeable, I done a far bit with the Jap LD20 and LD28 engines an gearboxes, I remember years ago I had a simlar problem with a van gearbox and couldnt find one anywhere and I ended up getting a "normal petrol " gear box with a gear stick and swapping the tail housing. The gear box was out of a nissan bluebird. It all just fitted. Im not so farmilar with TD 27 But it may be worth having a look at a navara ute gear box and see if you can do the same. The main thing to check it the length of the box as I know the LD gearbox came in at lest 3 lengths. Navaras came out with both SD and TD engines Im not sure if the gearbox is the same, the starter motor on the SD is on the left side of the engine, if you are sitting in the drivers seat. Ive also noticed that in australia that some nissans don't have nissan gear boxes at all, the have some sh%t holden box fitted to them you can tell because reverse is in the wrong place, and they are an ugly looking thing.
                    good luck with it.

Comment

Working...
                    X