PDA

View Full Version : Carbon Tax

Westwinds
10th July 2011, 10:25 PM
Gday,Can anyone tell me if there is any mention about homemade biodiesel or vegetable oil in todays carbon tax annoucement.Considering we are truly green in making our fuel from renewable sources and not watermelons i am wondering if we continue to fly under the radar with regards to excise? regards Westwinds

Captaincademan
11th July 2011, 08:38 AM
Regardless, I still wouldnt say Boo. I'll be surprised if this carbon tax lasts more than a couple of years. When it is dropped eventually, there will be a big shakeup and I for one dont want authorities knowing how much I make / use.

smithw
11th July 2011, 11:23 AM
I dont believe in fairy tails, sermons, politicians or story's about money. remember this little gem

John Howard: "No, there's no way that a GST will ever be part of our policy."
Journalist: "Never ever?"
John Howard: "Never ever. It's dead. It was killed by the voters in the last election". - John Howard, interview, Tweed Heads Civic Centre, 2 May 1995.

The carbon tax clearly has nothing to do with climate change, its about keeping the government in power, by keeping the independents on side.
Now that she's lied about the tax why would I believe anything else she has to say, "you will be more than compensated" "you will get tax cuts" "food wont go up" "this is the real Julia" "money will go to renewables"

There is no accountably, big business will just pay the tax and pass on the cost plus fees, charges and GST.

I might be persuaded to change my about it when I see coal fired power stations been converted to gas, solar hot water on every roof, bio fuels at every service station, and a ban on clear fell logging of virgin forest.

Captaincademan
11th July 2011, 01:56 PM
Your right on the money mate. I think it will be the single biggest inflationary event this country will see. The only difference is that wages wont follow it. unless you are a public servant with the nice package, this tax will hit hard.

tillyfromparadise
11th July 2011, 04:27 PM
Your right on the money mate. I think it will be the single biggest inflationary event this country will see. The only difference is that wages wont follow it. unless you are a public servant with the nice package, this tax will hit hard.Which public servants have the nice package?
I bet the CEO of Telstra will not even notice the new tax.

SUZUDDIS
18th July 2011, 09:30 PM
Don't get me started.:mad::mad: It's another TAX:eek::eek:

Why not extend the GST :mad::mad: because that's what is happening. OIl here I come :D