Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Washing again with success,, I think i missed the obvious before and used to stuff up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Washing again with success,, I think i missed the obvious before and used to stuff up

A few yrs ago i went through the washing process, each time i would drain the Glyc. try washing as gentle as i could at first, then agitate a little after a couple of washes, but i ALWAYS ended up with about 20% of the batch that would remain in a creamy mess, sometimes worse.

So i gave washing away
    This time after making another batch, I had a rethink about washing. I had drained the Glyc. and my son rolled up looking for some fuel. I said "AH its a bit fresh, it really needs a few more days for ALL the Glyc to finish settling"
    It was then that i realised that over time i had found most of the Glyc would drop out in a matter of hrs, but i would always get another 500ml the next day and another 50ml for another few days after that.
    I think my residual Glyc was the cause of my problems [ processor has spherical bottom and last bit prob. doesnt drain well]
    Now i have found that as long as i wait patiently for several days and drain ALL the Glyc out I can wash away with no emulsion at all.

Sometimes one just misses the obvious.

Re: Washing again with success,, I think i missed the obvious before and used to stuf

Originally posted by dagwill View Post
    and my son rolled up looking for some fuel.

Thats GOLD

Nice upbringing! "Son, can you see these so called full stations? The only time WE use them is to do a pee"

Classic, nice work!!!!!
    1990 Toyota Hilux LN106 with ATG 2 tank system (sold after running 150.000 ks on mainly WVO)

1993 Toyota 75 Series with 1 HDT conversion, 75l factory tank and a custom 170l under tray tank. (Retired with 680.000ks on the clock mostly running on BIO and on WVO)

2006 Landcruiser Troopcarrier 1HZ with DTS Turbo Kit, 170ltr long range tank currently not converted, running on B100

"him who never made a mistake, made no discovery either"

Comment

Re: Washing again with success,, I think i missed the obvious before and used to stuf

and to buy the occasional icecream after a day up the beach!!

my kids just arent quite old enough yet, but they will certainly be making bio with me soon. its an excellent skill / knowledge to have. imagine the the extra beers we could have had instead of spending all that money on fuel as a young bloke????

I dont know about you lot, but the more I drink the better looking I get. On that basis, Biodiesel = Fabio.

Comment

Working...
      X