2002 Landcruiser standard wagon HZJ105R for sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2002 Landcruiser standard wagon HZJ105R for sale

Well, after much deliberation and mind changing, we have bought another car and so are listing my beloved cruiser for sale. North side of Brissy.

I will tidy it up so its presentable in the coming couple of weeks and list it on line, but before I do, I thought I might give you guys first crack.

I will put up some photos when I have cleaned it up properly in the next couple of weeks. If anyone is genuine I will send photos as is.

Specs:
    • 2002 HZJ105r, Manual, White
    • Naturally aspirated 1HZ motor, very tight donk
    • 335,000 km
    • on bio from 92,000
    • ARB winch bar and warn winch (9,500lb) with about 100m of steel cable.
    • ARB scrub bars and side steps
    • Full length tradesman roofrack
    • 2.5 x 3m awning (used once - at this stage!)
    • 42" light bar on roof - unbeleivably easy to drive at night with (wired into high beam)
    • 22" light bar on bull bar (wired into high beam)
    • spot lights on bull bar (wired into high beam)
    • Sunrasia rims and Silverstone A/T tyres (tyres and rims almost brand new - Done less than 2,000km)
    • JVC double din head unit, with bluetooth iphone connectivity, voice activation via siri, reversing camera on switch not reverse light so you can watch a load when towing etc,
    • dash cam
    • NO RUST
    • Diff breathers extended
    • Dual batteries with old school isolator. either battery will start the car on its own, or both or none. if running a fridge at a camp, you can switch to one battery and run it low, without risking a start.
    • Rear parcel shelf and luggage screen
    • touch the starter and it jumps to life. never has an issue starting, always a dream.
    • Still drives smooth and tight.

History:
    • I Bought it off the Dubbo police in 2004 via a dealer at 80,000km
    • initial teething problems with running bio, chiefly air related and seal incompatibility
    • Viton front seal in pump, walbro pusher infront of solenoid valve, bio compatible hoses throughout, CAV style filter and glass bowl
    • Pump rebuilt when front seal failed, had head off for port cleaning at 275,000km. cross hatching still evident on bore, indicating little to no wear
    • checked compressions recently just for fun, all 6 cylinders were measuring at or better than factory specs. no blow-by.
    • 5th gear replaced about 25,000 km ago, clutch replaced (exceedy) too.
    • entire aircon system replaced, condenser, evaporator and compressor. Ice cold and lots of air.
    • replaced windscreen
    • power steering pump overhauled
    • only ever been on beach once, that was 2 weekends ago. never in entire life has it seen the beach until then. it went really well surprisingly with no turbo.

This is not a speed wagon. it doesn't like hills, but a turbo can easily be fitted for a few grand, which will make it a whole new car to drive. I was going to do this but the wife really wanted an auto, hence the change of cars.

If you keep the maintenance up like I have, it will be still very reliable for many more years. oil changed religiously every 10,000km. (it has been the wife's car around town - hence the extended oil changes). All maintenance has been done as per Toyota maintenance schedule exactly, although not by a stealership.

If no-one takes it in the next few weeks, I will taking off filter and walbro pump, so it is back to standard. I will use these on my next car.

Price - circa $20,000. If you are interested I would like to hear your offer - dont be frightened to make one

I have committed to buy another vehicle now, so this one's gotta go.

Re: 2002 Landcruiser standard wagon HZJ105R for sale

So what are you thinking of getting instead Cade? Will you run it on bio? Heaven forbid you aren't thinking of a petrol!
    Johnnojack
    4WD Isuzu Jackaroo 3.1 200000km on WVO,(2020) 2 tank home built system 6 solenoids FPHE, heated filter fuel line and tank pickup for thicker oil. Mk. 9 version now and no changes planned as trouble free.
    Mercedes W201 190D 1986 model: 2 tank system, bigger fuel line from tank, no heat exchanger, electric pump for diesel 22000km so far sigpic

Comment

Hey JJ,

Good god man, What do you take me for???

Yep the choice of the next vehicle has been based on a long term purchase so we decided to get a nice comfortable car that will look good for many years.

Gone for a 2006 Sahara with all the bells and whistles. HDJ100 with the 1HD-FTE engine. I test drove a GXL with the same engine last week and couldn't believe the pulling power. Totally different car. I will be popping the front seal out on the pump for a Viton pretty quickly. As its an automatic and you cant stop the engine with the brakes, I will fit a catch can with oil drain to sump to protect against run-aways just in case. am also thinking of retrofitting a butterfly valve in the air intake pre-turbo for emergency shutdown if needed.

Comment

Sounds good. Can you get a runaway from just engine blowby? I thought excess oil in sump, fuel in sump and turbo seals going were the only way it can happen. Do they have an EGR? Better without one.
        Johnnojack
        4WD Isuzu Jackaroo 3.1 200000km on WVO,(2020) 2 tank home built system 6 solenoids FPHE, heated filter fuel line and tank pickup for thicker oil. Mk. 9 version now and no changes planned as trouble free.
        Mercedes W201 190D 1986 model: 2 tank system, bigger fuel line from tank, no heat exchanger, electric pump for diesel 22000km so far sigpic

Comment

Hey mate, sorry for slow reply. I reckon that the blow by would have to be terrible to cause a runaway! I am just quite frightened of a runaway in an auto with no way to stop it quickly. If it does have an EGR its not a big deal, justa blanking plate between flanges does the trick.

I forgot to mention - the cruiser for sale has new aluminium radiator fitted too.

Comment

Working...
          X