Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who's brewing and who wants too?

Hi All,

I'm trying to find out how many of us in Adelaide (or regional SA who are willing to travel) are brewing bio ourselves. I'm also interested in hearing from members who havent begun brewing but are keen to. Please post a reply, I'm keen to see what the numbers are really like in Adelaide and possibly develop things from there (be it just to swap a few horror stories of bad batches over a beer every couple of months or something more structured like WARFA). SA is a leader in renewable energy forms on all levels (our solar powered schools project is a great example of this), lets not hide in the closet.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Adam
    "Revolution never comes with a warning!"
    Rgds

Adam

"Revolution never comes with a warning!"

Re: Who's brewing and who wants too?

I will take an oppourtunity to come out of the closet.......

Seriously sign me up. I am "highly regional" but often do trips to Adelaide. I am doing SVO, have a reliative who is currently making soap and sometimes gets the mix wrong and produces biodisel. (actually that is a bit harsh, he is doing well at it.)

Yes, with a month or so notice I can be there.
    cheers<BR>Chris.<BR>1990 landcruiser 80, 1HD-T two tank, copper pipe HE+ 20 plate FPHE, toyota solenoids and filters. 1978 300D, elsbett one tank system.<BR>

Comment

I'm interested and purely for the Chemistry...I don't have a Diesel Vehicle to use anything we might make!!!
      I have a Degree in Chemistry which might be of some assistance...not that I remember much, some of the skills might carry over though.

Comment

Looking at building a continuous OFR based processor, gathered some of the bits including a fantastic SS heat exchange, but still looking for a centrefuge. Very keen to speak to Adelaidians with hand on experience on any level.

Tim

Comment

The website has had an outage. What was missed has been put in here.

Morelli Wrote:

G'day all..I am a newbie and wannabe bio brewer, and I notice that the last posting for Adelaide listers was almost a year ago! Surely a lot is happening here, so how do I contact those that have started bio-diesel production and who can point me in the right direction. Seems little to gain in re-inventing the wheel, so any group gatherings where I could attend or personal assistance would be most appreciated.
          Tim, Chris, Adam, Scuba....are you there?
          cheers, vince

Captain Echidna wrote:
          Yeah still here. My Dad is getting out of Bio (long story) so has some ear for sale. I am using my oil straight, and seem to be having a bit easier time. Do come to Adelaide a bit, perhaps a gathering could be in order?

Camal wrote:
          Hello out there
          I want to set up a home brew. Any workshops planned in
          Adelaide or can anyone offer to show me their kit?
          thanks
          camal

Morelli wrote :
          Hi Chris, thanks for the reply, unfortunately I missed it 'till now...been away.
          Does you dad still have any gear for sale?
          As you say ...maybe a meeting is possible if and when you come to
          Adelaide.
          Cheers, Vince.

Captain Echina wrote
          cheers<BR>Chris.<BR>1990 landcruiser 80, 1HD-T two tank, copper pipe HE+ 20 plate FPHE, toyota solenoids and filters. 1978 300D, elsbett one tank system.<BR>

Comment

Sorry to those I cant contact throught the forum so here is some details

Dad still has the gear for sale. Includes pumps, wash tanks, some chemicals, reactor vessel, etc.

His name is Graham and can be contacted on 0417 *********

(see edit under)
            Captain Echidna
            Last edited by Captain Echidna; 26 May 2008, 02:26 PM. Reason: dad sold stuff, removed phone number

Comment

hi my name is Dave,live at Lyndoch,count me in for the odd get together,good idea. i started making bio only and now use wvo but still turn dregs int bio
              It would be good to share our experiences and enjoy the day at the same time

Comment

Hi my name is John I use WVO in 2 tank system. I also experiment with chemicals and accidentally make biodiesel as a byproduct of glycerine production. Willing to meet up with other like minded blokes. And sheilas, Im not prejudiced. I know there are at least 3 ladies in Adelaide region making bio.
                Johnnojack
                4WD Isuzu Jackaroo 3.1 200000km on WVO,(2020) 2 tank home built system 6 solenoids FPHE, heated filter fuel line and tank pickup for thicker oil. Mk. 9 version now and no changes planned as trouble free.
                Mercedes W201 190D 1986 model: 2 tank system, bigger fuel line from tank, no heat exchanger, electric pump for diesel 22000km so far sigpic

Comment

Hello out there..I've bought my first diesel vehicle ( Delica 2.8L t/d) and am keen to get involved with biodiesel and SVO..I have a background in organic chemistry and have worked for the oil industry..would be keen to meet with people using SVO in their vehicles and would like to know if if there is anyone who does conversions in Adelaide to allow use of SVO ( ie the extra tank etc)..have been reading a bit on various forums and realise there is a huge momentum out there. Cheers

Comment

blackrat
                    you can order wvo components from vegiecars.com.au ie inline heaters.
                    a useful link is elsbett.com - a german company that makes complete kits including a second stainless steel fuel tank , normally fitted into the spare wheel compartment at a reasonable price.
                    it all boils down to what is the minimum filtration - particle size requirement that your vehicles injection system will tolerate.... mine is common rail with 0.5 micron tolerance.
                    and therefore whether wvo or biodeisel is appropriate.

Comment

I want to brew and be in contact with others in Adelaide.
                      How do we establish contact?

Comment

Thanks for that..will mull over the info...I like the sound of $450 compared to $1500..but as for diy!!!
                        Cheers

Comment

To run a diesel on veggie oil, you really need one of the following.
                          For the injector to be designed to spray cold veggie oil (elsbett kit)
                          Oil to made it thin (biodiesel/ blending)
                          For the oil to be hot.
                          I think the problem with in line heating is it gets the oil in the line hot, but putting the oil through an injector sitting in 20KG of cold cast iron is not going to keep it hot.
                          I am yet to be convinced in line heating is OK for cold start situations.

Comment

Gday All, I'm VERY new to this but am VERY keen to get my system set up and start producing bio diesel. I'm from country SA and, as yet, havn't found anyone else doing this in my area. I've allready started to build my processing plant but I am generally winging it using info from various web sites. Be great to talk to others like me!

Cheers!

Comment

Dieselpig,
                              Welcome to the forum.

I am sure that you can find all the information you need, already on the forum, by using the search function for simple searches or use Google to search 'within the domain' to make use of the advanced search facilities provided by Google (Phrase search, AND/OR/NOT functions).

We look forward to hearing of your exploits,
                              Regards,
                              Tony
                              Life is a journey, with problems to solve, lessons to learn, but most of all, experiences to enjoy.

Current Vehicles in stable:
                              '06 Musso Sports 4X4 Manual Crew Cab tray back.
                              '04 Rexton 4X4 Automatic SUV
                              '2014 Toyota Prius (on ULP) - Wife's car

Previous Vehicles:
                              '90 Mazda Capella. (2000 - 2003) My first Fatmobile. Converted to fun on veggie oil with a 2 tank setup.
                              '80 Mercedes 300D. 2 tank conversion [Sold]
                              '84 Mercedes 300D. 1 tank, no conversion. Replaced engine with rebuilt OM617A turbodiesel engine. Finally had good power. Engine donor for W123 coupe. (body parted out and carcass sold for scrap.)
                              '85 Mercedes Benz W123 300CD Turbodiesel
                              '99 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my darling Wife's car)[sold]
                              '98 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my car)[sold]
                              '06 Musso Sports Crew Cab well body. [Head gasket blew!]
                              '04 Rexton SUV 2.9L Turbodiesel same as Musso - Our Family car.
                              '06 Musso sports Crew Cab Trayback - My hack (no air cond, no heater).

Searching the Biofuels Forum using Google
                              Adding images and/or documents to your posts

Comment

Working...
                              X