Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 94 nissan patrol 2k+ all good

Dear All,
    I just wanted to thank you for your input and making this community do-able.....i have done well over 2000km's in the old patrol and although other parts of the beast need love it is running better than ever ....took the boss, some friends (from vic) down south to dunsborough, and the truck performed well was concerned that the cold morning was going to leave me standing on the drive, the morning we left but no, was in the minus during the night (a few weeks back) and she fired up no dramas.
    And as for fuel filters i put one in 500k's before 2000km's mark as i am a lazy bugger and couldn't be arsed doing it at the side of the road with the mrs chewing my ears .....but i probably could have gone another 1000 as the old beast only wouldn't play last weekend when i had consistantly run her low for two days and she carked it not far fom home new fuel filter and all is well one week on .....so 100% (minus meth/caustic) bio rocks my world thanks guys

Re: 94 nissan patrol 2k+ all good

Originally posted by lardy;
    was concerned that the cold morning was going to leave me standing on the drive
    I just wanted to say here that noone should be stuck on a drive way. I had a negetive cold start experience (that was purely my fault) and I have bad glow plugs in any case, so I poured hot water all over teh injector anad the lines leading up to the IP. And it heated the bio and oil and started straight away.

You need to boil about 2 litres abd pour the lot slowly over the injector and lines
    Joe Morgan
    Brisbane Biodiesel Site Admin
    http://www.brisbanebiodiesel.com

Searching tips using Google - SVO Dual tank systems
    SVO, Common Rail and Direct Injection - Vehicles converted to Used Cooking Oil

Comment

awesome, i too am looking at running my 4.2 on 100% bd.

Comment

The 4.2 na diesel may not have the hum of a modern common rail but it does what it was designed to do: run on forever it may be a chugger it may even sound like it has most of your spanner set loose under the bonnet, but the point of the experiment is to get you there and it so does ......joe good simple advice on the cold start angle, much appreciated, how would you fancy running a hilux on bio (in a twin cab format it fits my needs) are they as capable as the hefty patrol on bio do they go bang often or are they up for the task if you know of any examples your input would be appreciated regards lardy

Comment

Working...
        X