tank filled with black gloop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tank filled with black gloop

Hi all got an issue with black gloop blocking my prefilter before oem fuel filter. I run wvo blended with unleaded and after having car parked for a couple of months i have discovered black sludge coming from tank to first clear plastic prefilter. It will block it totally after about 100 k's. I realize the tank has to come out and be cleaned but was wondering what I should use to totally flush it out? I was thinking about steam cleaning the inside of the tank if thats possible but am unsure whether this will totally remove any chance of a re infestation....? Any advice would be gratefully recieved.

Re: tank filled with black gloop

Don't worry, the problem happens with petrol and diesel fueled vehicles too.
    Yes, drop the tank, pressure / steam clean it and dry with metho. Pour a litre of metho into the tank, swill it around (including the underside of the top of the tank) and pour it out.
    Reinstall the tank and refuel.
    In future, try to remember to leave the fuel tank as full as practical if leaving it for an extended period.
    The air space above the fuel expands and contracts with daily temperature variations. This draws humid air into the fuel tank and condensation promotes bacterial growth. You have seen the end result of that.
    Life is a journey, with problems to solve, lessons to learn, but most of all, experiences to enjoy.

Current Vehicles in stable:
    '06 Musso Sports 4X4 Manual Crew Cab tray back.
    '04 Rexton 4X4 Automatic SUV
    '2014 Toyota Prius (on ULP) - Wife's car

Previous Vehicles:
    '90 Mazda Capella. (2000 - 2003) My first Fatmobile. Converted to fun on veggie oil with a 2 tank setup.
    '80 Mercedes 300D. 2 tank conversion [Sold]
    '84 Mercedes 300D. 1 tank, no conversion. Replaced engine with rebuilt OM617A turbodiesel engine. Finally had good power. Engine donor for W123 coupe. (body parted out and carcass sold for scrap.)
    '85 Mercedes Benz W123 300CD Turbodiesel
    '99 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my darling Wife's car)[sold]
    '98 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my car)[sold]
    '06 Musso Sports Crew Cab well body. [Head gasket blew!]
    '04 Rexton SUV 2.9L Turbodiesel same as Musso - Our Family car.
    '06 Musso sports Crew Cab Trayback - My hack (no air cond, no heater).

Searching the Biofuels Forum using Google
    Adding images and/or documents to your posts

Comment

Working...
    X