Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• want to sell used cooking oil

Hey Guys,

I am new to the site. I wanted to be a part of the movement. I own a food service business and need to discard approximately 40 gallons per month of used vegatable oil from a fryer. Does anyone know who would want it? I know it's not that much but I just want to do my part.

thanks.

Please e-mail me at miwung@hotmail.com

Re: want to sell used cooking oil

And what would be the freight cost of that from New York to Australia?

Comment

Shame you're not in Australia, as I'm sure there'd be many people who wanted it (this is an Australian forum).
      Robert.
      Site Admin.

Comment

Do you really think many would want to buy it here, Robert? I have plenty and can't give it away (not that I've tried all that hard). If Miwung was giving it away, he'd do better.

Comment

I know a few up here who would like it to be given away :-)
          Telegraph Point NSW
          Landcruiser GXL '96 - 80:20 blends
          Pug 1.6 HDi - 308 Touring Wagon - definitely not game :-)

Comment

Hi there

I would love to take it off you hands, i will try and do a study and find out what it would cost to export the oil to South Africa, you never know you might be setting up your own export business, perhaps you could find more oil and ship it to me in a 20ft container.

Comment

I would be surprised if its feasable on other counts, (storage in NY, customs charges etc) but would think its technically possible, and the last time I heard how much a shipping container was to get moved from america to here I was surprised at how cheap it was.
              pangit
              Last edited by pangit; 24 June 2008, 11:32 AM. Reason: Deleted personal comment
              cheers<BR>Chris.<BR>1990 landcruiser 80, 1HD-T two tank, copper pipe HE+ 20 plate FPHE, toyota solenoids and filters. 1978 300D, elsbett one tank system.<BR>

Comment

Any one in Australia see the news on SBS last night, (Mon 23.06.08) Apparently I'm told there was a story of Armed robbery of a restaurant for their veg oil In California US.!!!, I didn't see it and dont know if it was for WVO or virgin veg oil', BUT WOW surely this guy in NY can find a local buyer!??

Comment

Perhaps they were armed with a large drum and pump?

I wonder if the average "big city" person hasnt the room for biofuel (like in the middle of NY) whereas people in more remote areas do?
                  cheers<BR>Chris.<BR>1990 landcruiser 80, 1HD-T two tank, copper pipe HE+ 20 plate FPHE, toyota solenoids and filters. 1978 300D, elsbett one tank system.<BR>

Comment

Working...
                  X