Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbi looking for guidance

HI everyone,

hope you all are well, This is a great forum you have here. I just have a few questions.

You see, I am new the bioethanol side of things. I used to produce small amount of biodiesel for a few local cab drivers here in london, so I know about the biofuels arena. Also, I have just finished building an all electric car.

Now I would like to turn my attention to bioethanol. I've alway been interested by it, but never had the chance to work with it.
    I know that the main processes are Fermentation, distillation, dewatering and denaturing.

But I would love to have further information about how exact to go about these processes.

for example, I thought that I would make a small tester batch, using apples and pears as the organic material. would that be ok??

Fermentation
    I know that i need to mash the organic material into a pulp, place it all into a container, add water (but how much water??) and add the yeast. How do i control the yeast because to do not want the yeast to die too early or too late.

how long shall i leave it to ferment for and what would be an ideal temperature?

How much pulp will there be left once the fermentation has completed. and I do I distillate the liquid only or the remaining pulp too.

How shall I complete the dewatering and denaturing steps.

thank you for your help

biophoenix

Re: Newbi looking for guidance

as i am in process of building my first plant for biodiesel plant ...i need guidance of how to find equipement suppliers for my own plant ....

best regrds

Comment

Hi Geelmusic,

I have send you a PM, get back to me please. hope to hear from you soon.

regards,

biophoenix

Comment

Newbie looking for guidance. I want to start making signs and have been reading this forum for information. At 68 I'm not steady enough to ..

Tadalafil online | Buy adipex online

Comment

Exactly what sort of signs are you wanting to make??

How that relates to Ethanol would also be very interesting.

Regards,
          Tony
          Life is a journey, with problems to solve, lessons to learn, but most of all, experiences to enjoy.

Current Vehicles in stable:
          '06 Musso Sports 4X4 Manual Crew Cab tray back.
          '04 Rexton 4X4 Automatic SUV
          '2014 Toyota Prius (on ULP) - Wife's car

Previous Vehicles:
          '90 Mazda Capella. (2000 - 2003) My first Fatmobile. Converted to fun on veggie oil with a 2 tank setup.
          '80 Mercedes 300D. 2 tank conversion [Sold]
          '84 Mercedes 300D. 1 tank, no conversion. Replaced engine with rebuilt OM617A turbodiesel engine. Finally had good power. Engine donor for W123 coupe. (body parted out and carcass sold for scrap.)
          '85 Mercedes Benz W123 300CD Turbodiesel
          '99 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my darling Wife's car)[sold]
          '98 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my car)[sold]
          '06 Musso Sports Crew Cab well body. [Head gasket blew!]
          '04 Rexton SUV 2.9L Turbodiesel same as Musso - Our Family car.
          '06 Musso sports Crew Cab Trayback - My hack (no air cond, no heater).

Searching the Biofuels Forum using Google
          Adding images and/or documents to your posts

Comment

Working...
          X