Looking for Biodiesel People in Adelaide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for Biodiesel People in Adelaide

Hi im new to bio diesel iv had success in making and am looking for any one in s/a making there own.iv made an appleseed processer 125 litre and now im experimenting with different types of oil and animal fat

Re: Looking for Biodiesel People in Adelaide

Hi short man, welcome to the forums. Hopefully you can find some others in Adelaide or SA soon. A good place to start may be to go to one of the workshops on biodiesel that Tony has posted here. I'm sure you'd get to meet some locals there .
    (BTW - I moved your post from the end of the other thread into a new one here to make sure it gets more attention)
    Robert.
    Site Admin.

Comment

thanks for that robert

Comment

Hi Shortman

I'd love to get in touch with you - I run a tour business (www.vividadventures.com.au) and would be very happy to help with what you're doing.

I'm buying B100 from SAFF when I can at the moment.

You can call me on 0419 900 363 or email andrew@vividadventures.com.au

Ciao for now
        Andrew.

Comment

Shortman - I've moved the last few posts you made here into a new thread in the "making biodiesel" forum, which is a bit more appropriate than the "Looking for Biodiesel People in Adelaide" thread here. If you want to post anything on a new subject, please pick an appropriate spot for it and make a new thread with a relevant title. That way more people will find it and answer it for you .

Cheers,
          Robert.
          Site Admin.

Comment

No wories im new to this still learning

Comment

G'day to all on the list,

I have just joined this list, and was searching the archives for Adelaide topics and found this one. I live in Adelaide and would LOVE to find anyone in the area with whom I talk about home brew WVO systems. I am currently using B100 from SAFF, but it is a long drive to get the juice, and so I sometimes have to go with the dino blood. I would love to brew my own to get away from having to go to Parafield gardens or Pooraka. Any information, or anyone who is simply interested in biodiesel would be great to have a beer with.
              Cheers,
              JB
              Cheers,
              JB
              1984 HJ47 'Patches'
              2002 Hilux 'Moe'
              Adelaide, South Australia
              Land Cruiser fanatic
              aeroplane enthusiast

Comment

Patches, Short Man, Vivid, et al.

We will be in Adelaide on the 24th - 27th March, as part of the Biodiesel Workshop tour.
                We would like to meet with people from SA who are interested in Biodiesel, Used Cooking Oil or other renewable fuels, in a social setting.
                Such an event would also be a good opportunity for those from SA to network and develop cooperative relationships with others.

Is anyone able to organise a BBQ or similar social event at a neutral location, so that we can get to meet you all, not just those attending the workshops?
                As I will be "on the road" from Friday morning, contact with me may be easiest by phoning me on 0428 920 881, to advise if such an event can be organised.

The workshop presenters are Phillip Calais, Environmental Scientist and biodiesel researcher and myself, Tony Clark, President of the Western Australian Renewable Fuels Association Inc. Phillip and I co-authored a paper on "Waste Vegetable OPil as a Diesel Fuel", which is available online at www.shortcircuit.com.au/warfa/paper/paper.htm (Edited to fix URL)

If you wish, other attendees at the Mt Gambier and Adelaide workshops can be informed of the occasion, to increase the number of SA participants attending.
                Tony From West Oz
                Vice Chairperson of WARFA
                Last edited by Tony From West Oz; 14 March 2006, 05:18 PM.
                Life is a journey, with problems to solve, lessons to learn, but most of all, experiences to enjoy.

Current Vehicles in stable:
                '06 Musso Sports 4X4 Manual Crew Cab tray back.
                '04 Rexton 4X4 Automatic SUV
                '2014 Toyota Prius (on ULP) - Wife's car

Previous Vehicles:
                '90 Mazda Capella. (2000 - 2003) My first Fatmobile. Converted to fun on veggie oil with a 2 tank setup.
                '80 Mercedes 300D. 2 tank conversion [Sold]
                '84 Mercedes 300D. 1 tank, no conversion. Replaced engine with rebuilt OM617A turbodiesel engine. Finally had good power. Engine donor for W123 coupe. (body parted out and carcass sold for scrap.)
                '85 Mercedes Benz W123 300CD Turbodiesel
                '99 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my darling Wife's car)[sold]
                '98 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my car)[sold]
                '06 Musso Sports Crew Cab well body. [Head gasket blew!]
                '04 Rexton SUV 2.9L Turbodiesel same as Musso - Our Family car.
                '06 Musso sports Crew Cab Trayback - My hack (no air cond, no heater).

Searching the Biofuels Forum using Google
                Adding images and/or documents to your posts

Comment

Re: Biodiesel paper

Hi Tony of West Oz,

I was interested to read the publication paper. Had trouble accessing the page. It seems that a ( U ) has crept into the address ( "circiucuit") not picking just trying to help, the deletion has got me to the page.

Keep up the good work, wish I could be there in S/A when your there - long way from QLD though.

All the best

Dillyman

Comment

Dillyman,
                    Thanks
                    Life is a journey, with problems to solve, lessons to learn, but most of all, experiences to enjoy.

Previous Vehicles:
                    '90 Mazda Capella. (2000 - 2003) My first Fatmobile. Converted to fun on veggie oil with a 2 tank setup.
                    '84 Mercedes 300D. 1 tank, no conversion. Replaced engine with rebuilt OM617A turbodiesel engine. Finally had good power. Engine donor for W123 coupe. (body parted out and carcass sold for scrap.)

Comment

Hi Tony,

I'd be keen to set something up - and will come to your sessions if possible.

Your paper doesn't seem to display/print the images in it properly. Wrong links?

Why not put it up as a PDF?

Kind rgds
                      Andrew.

Comment

Andrew,
                        I have the same problem, I will ask the webmaster to check that out
                        Tony.

Previous Vehicles:

Comment

Hi Guys, I have been producing for about two years in Renmark and have run into a snag with getting methanol which I hope I have just overcome when I contacted Peter at Scotcher Racing Fuels in Wingfield SA. He will sell Methanol for $190 in 205 L drums and KOH for $65/ 25 Kg.
                          He is a great guy to talk to as he considered going into commercial production himself at one point. He may be a good point of contact if you are starting up in Adelaide. He may be able to help with isopropyl, indicator etc as well.

Comment

Hi, my name is Ian and I am looking for people in Adelaide to possibly help me with some info on making biodiesel or converting to run on vegie oil. Any help would be fantastic and meeting with someone to see how they operate would be great. Cheers, Ian.

Comment

hi my name is dave, live at lyndoch s.a.
                              i have been making bio for about 3yrs, i run mostly now on wvo after doing some simple conversions. i cream the golden stuff off the top for svo and turn the dreggs into bio. eager to share any info. and/or learn from others ph.85244146
                              dagwill
                              Last edited by dagwill; 20 August 2006, 10:40 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X