Biofuels Paper from BP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Biofuels Paper from BP

Paper by BP on their position on biofuels in Australia.
    Life is a journey, with problems to solve, lessons to learn, but most of all, experiences to enjoy.

Current Vehicles in stable:
    '06 Musso Sports 4X4 Manual Crew Cab tray back.
    '04 Rexton 4X4 Automatic SUV
    '2014 Toyota Prius (on ULP) - Wife's car

Previous Vehicles:
    '90 Mazda Capella. (2000 - 2003) My first Fatmobile. Converted to fun on veggie oil with a 2 tank setup.
    '80 Mercedes 300D. 2 tank conversion [Sold]
    '84 Mercedes 300D. 1 tank, no conversion. Replaced engine with rebuilt OM617A turbodiesel engine. Finally had good power. Engine donor for W123 coupe. (body parted out and carcass sold for scrap.)
    '85 Mercedes Benz W123 300CD Turbodiesel
    '99 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my darling Wife's car)[sold]
    '98 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my car)[sold]
    '06 Musso Sports Crew Cab well body. [Head gasket blew!]
    '04 Rexton SUV 2.9L Turbodiesel same as Musso - Our Family car.
    '06 Musso sports Crew Cab Trayback - My hack (no air cond, no heater).

Searching the Biofuels Forum using Google
    Adding images and/or documents to your posts

Re: Biofuels Paper from BP

I find it interesting that BP thinks we will be using conventional engines and hybrids until about 2050, when hydrogen will take over.

A brief history of alternate fuels, by someone who isnt old enough to remember and is not a history teacher.

1950's nuclear power was going to be the go (lots of cheap, clean power), the end of petroleum was near, but it was going to take a while, as the technology was being developed, so we used petroleum while we waited. Of course it didn’t work out due to unavoidable flaws making it unfeasable.
    20 years latter it was the electric and solar cars that were going to be the go, (lots of cheap, clean power), the end of petroleum was near but it was going to take a while, as the technology was being developed, so we used petroleum while we waited. Of course it didn’t work out due to unavoidable flaws making it unfeasable.
    20 years latter it was hydrogen fuel cells that were going to be the go, (lots of cheap, clean power), the end of petroleum was near but it was going to take a while, as the technology was being developed, so we used petroleum while we waited.

What comes next???
    Captain Echidna
    Last edited by Captain Echidna; 16 December 2007, 03:51 PM.
    cheers<BR>Chris.<BR>1990 landcruiser 80, 1HD-T two tank, copper pipe HE+ 20 plate FPHE, toyota solenoids and filters. 1978 300D, elsbett one tank system.<BR>

Comment

An interesting paper. They are mostly correct and that is comforting to see. Of course. they could do more and I do disagree with some points very slightly, but overall, it is good to see an big oil major publish a vision regarding biofuels as a necessary transitional fuel. Possibly too little too late, but better than expected at least.
      I'd be interested to see any one else's comments on this paper.
      Robert.
      Site Admin.

Comment

I heard a nice quote

"hydrogen is the fuel of the future and always will be"

Comment

Working...
        X