2003 Mangna AWD 100% Ethanol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2003 Mangna AWD 100% Ethanol

Hi there I have reached 100% Ethanol for a couple of weeks now with no problems, however when cold will take a couple of minutes to warm up.

Almost out of ethanol now only 300 liters left, don't won't to go back to petrol.

Regards,

Chris Scanlan.

Re: 2003 Mangna AWD 100% Ethanol

how have you been getting ethanol? I am toying with the idea of a magna and ethanol.
    cheers<BR>Chris.<BR>1990 landcruiser 80, 1HD-T two tank, copper pipe HE+ 20 plate FPHE, toyota solenoids and filters. 1978 300D, elsbett one tank system.<BR>

Comment

I got the Ethanol from CSR Sugar, they have a range of denatured ethanol, The agent in Tasmania was Motor Sports. You can get ethanol with 2% petrol or 5% methanol which is what i have been using. Just ring CSR and ask them how you can buy it from them you will have a list of names to compare prices.

Next time i will get the 2% Petrol and 98% Ethanol, It cost about the same as petrol so no savings and I bought 1,000 litres. I am plain on getting a license to make it legal and use wood gas to distill and produce biochar to make my soil more fertile so that i can grow more sugar beet.

Also replacing my lpg gas use with methane made from potatoes and manure, working with a water tank maker to help me build a anerobic digester and storage unit. Once I have enougth biochar will use methane instead of wood Gas to distill.

Hopefuly by the end of next year will be energy free with no cabon foot print, And if I only use biofuels produce by my property it will put to rest the net engery agrument of ethanol to rest.

Regards,

Chris Scanlan.

ps I have notice once you have run a engine for a long time on ethanol it dosnt like going back to 100% petrol.

Comment

I would personally stay well away from methanol as a mix in any fuel, it tends to be quite corrosive.
        I'm quite interested in your Magna ethanol experiment, I have 2005 here I have been considering modifying for E85.
        Have you had your car's ECU scanned for codes after running ethanol? I would be concerned about running out of injector capacity on 100% ethanol.
        Unfortunately, your engine is designed to run on petrol and the poor cold running is a side effect of that. Short of blending some petrol, the only fixes are going to be vehicle modification, like fuel rail heating to help vaporisation when cold, larger injectors or a cold start injector etc.

Comment

Working...
        X