Kits by grease car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kits by grease car

Hello anybody with any info, so I have an 06 cummins and am thinking about converting to run a two tank system with wvo. Now I have an option to buy a kit for a 94-98 ford power stroke for less then 1/2 price of a new grease car kit or plant drive kit. So I'm wondering how general these kits are, like the fuel tank, heaters, switches and filters and pumps. Im thinking I should do it and then if I need to, buy some of the parts separate. I'm in the middle of e mailing these companies but I don't want to ask straight up. Ecause im sure they will just tell me buy the specific kit and spend the money.
    Thanks for any info

Re: Kits by grease car

Is the engine direct or indirect Injection?
    Does it have an in-line or rotary IP?
    Are you planning to use it in cold climates (<10°C ) regularly.
    Flat plate heat exchangers are very efficient at transferring coolant heat to the fuel oil.
    Solenoid or motorised valves are available on ebay.
    Generic fuel filters are inexpensive.

Does your WVO solidify when very cold? If so, you may need to heat the veggie fuel tank and fuel lines to/from it.

You may wish to look at our sticky posts in the SVO section. A good place to start is http://www.biofuelsforum.com/threads...place-to-start
    Life is a journey, with problems to solve, lessons to learn, but most of all, experiences to enjoy.

Current Vehicles in stable:
    '06 Musso Sports 4X4 Manual Crew Cab tray back.
    '04 Rexton 4X4 Automatic SUV
    '2014 Toyota Prius (on ULP) - Wife's car

Previous Vehicles:
    '90 Mazda Capella. (2000 - 2003) My first Fatmobile. Converted to fun on veggie oil with a 2 tank setup.
    '80 Mercedes 300D. 2 tank conversion [Sold]
    '84 Mercedes 300D. 1 tank, no conversion. Replaced engine with rebuilt OM617A turbodiesel engine. Finally had good power. Engine donor for W123 coupe. (body parted out and carcass sold for scrap.)
    '85 Mercedes Benz W123 300CD Turbodiesel
    '99 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my darling Wife's car)[sold]
    '98 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my car)[sold]
    '06 Musso Sports Crew Cab well body. [Head gasket blew!]
    '04 Rexton SUV 2.9L Turbodiesel same as Musso - Our Family car.
    '06 Musso sports Crew Cab Trayback - My hack (no air cond, no heater).

Searching the Biofuels Forum using Google
    Adding images and/or documents to your posts

Comment

Working...
    X