WA Fleet Request

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WA Fleet Request

I have a consortium forming here, comprising significant South West road transport and earthmoving operations, seeking to secure biofuel supplies from WA Wheetbelt canola mainly, but adaptable to other sources should the need arise.

We want to know firstly where we can purchase a continuous-process biofuel plant set up in a container frame preferably, so it can be relocated from time to time.

What would be our first step? Reply by PM if you prefer.

Kind regards,

Gil
    Robert
    Administrator
    Last edited by Robert; 17 October 2006, 03:52 PM. Reason: Moved to new thread

Re: Biofuel Fleets

Hi Gil,

(I've moved your post to a new thread here)

I've just been speaking with BioWorks, who are WA based and it sounds like they might be able to help you out.

I've not really had anything to do with them before, so I can't personally vouch for them, but at first glance, they look about right for what you want.

Please let us know your experiences with them and report back with any info learned so that others in the future asking the same sort of questions can also be helped by it. Hopefully we can get bioworks to contribute in here as well.

Cheers,
    Robert.
    Site Admin.

Comment

Re: WA Fleet Request

Hi Gil

We would be happy to discuss with you your biodiesel project. You can come and see us in O'Connor where we have a couple of processors running and see what is involved in getting a project running.

We have been promoting community based systems for biodiesel production and there is some information on this on our web site. Alternatively I can email you some info if you want.

The processors we use are very good - they are fully automated batch systems that produce just fine. Production of the fuel is not really the issue - it is all about distribution and that is where the community model wins.

Regards

Craig
      Director
      Bioworks Australia Pty Ltd
      ABN: 23 116 632 136
      Office: 16 Hines Road O'Connor 6163
      Mail: PO Box 839 Nedlands WA 6009
      Mobile: 0439 515 898
      Phone: +61 (0)8 9337 9799 or 1300 769 569
      Fax: +61 (0)8 9337 2799
      Contact me via email in my profile.
      web: www.bioworks.com.au
      Robert
      Administrator
      Last edited by Robert; 18 October 2006, 01:19 PM.

Comment

Hi Gil,

I represent a WA Wheatbelt transport company who is currently undertaking a similar project (however we are developing our own plant). I was wondering if you had had any success, and if you had any information regarding machinery use and consumption figures.

Kind Regards

Troy
        Please click below for info on how you can help the victims of spinal injury, or just spread the word.

Comment

Troy,
          While I do not make biodiesel or sell it either, I would be happy to discuss your needs and your particular application in relation to the use of Biodiesel or New/Used Cooking Oils in your fleet.
          Presuming that you have a large fuel requirement, and that you will be producing byproduct at approx 10-20% of the produced fuel, what plans have you considered fro byproduct disposal/marketing?

Tony
          0428 920 881
          Life is a journey, with problems to solve, lessons to learn, but most of all, experiences to enjoy.

Current Vehicles in stable:
          '06 Musso Sports 4X4 Manual Crew Cab tray back.
          '04 Rexton 4X4 Automatic SUV
          '2014 Toyota Prius (on ULP) - Wife's car

Previous Vehicles:
          '90 Mazda Capella. (2000 - 2003) My first Fatmobile. Converted to fun on veggie oil with a 2 tank setup.
          '80 Mercedes 300D. 2 tank conversion [Sold]
          '84 Mercedes 300D. 1 tank, no conversion. Replaced engine with rebuilt OM617A turbodiesel engine. Finally had good power. Engine donor for W123 coupe. (body parted out and carcass sold for scrap.)
          '85 Mercedes Benz W123 300CD Turbodiesel
          '99 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my darling Wife's car)[sold]
          '98 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my car)[sold]
          '06 Musso Sports Crew Cab well body. [Head gasket blew!]
          '04 Rexton SUV 2.9L Turbodiesel same as Musso - Our Family car.
          '06 Musso sports Crew Cab Trayback - My hack (no air cond, no heater).

Searching the Biofuels Forum using Google
          Adding images and/or documents to your posts

Comment

Hi Tony,

Our fuel requirement will be in the vicinity of 6kL to 1ML per year. We are fairly uniquely placed in the market, as we are both our own consumer, and also that we have the contacts required for both feedstock sourcing as well as disposal of some by-products. We intend on pressing our own oil (from canola) and selling the waste as meal. The glycerine I plan on partially refining, but I haven't yet found a suitable market for it (although I have some ideas I would like to test.). We are using ethanol rather than methanol for the process, which we will recover as much as possible. I am currently in the process of testing to determine soap production levels etc, as well as examining various catalyst types.
            Hopefully I will make it along to the next WARFA meeting and have a chat to you then Tony.

Cheers,

Troy
            Please click below for info on how you can help the victims of spinal injury, or just spread the word.

Comment

Troy,
              Check in the calendar of this forum to see the next WARFA meeting date.

We would be very interested in your ethanol process. Are you planning on producing the ethanol for the process locally?
              You may be advised to purchase 'denatured absolute alcohol' (at least in the short term), as the excise office may require that you negotiate smaller hurdles than for non-denatured, or for locally produced ethanol, even if you plan to denature it.

There are other uses for the seed meal and biodiesel byproduct which I would be happy to discuss with you.

Regards,
              Tony
              Life is a journey, with problems to solve, lessons to learn, but most of all, experiences to enjoy.

Current Vehicles in stable:
              '06 Musso Sports 4X4 Manual Crew Cab tray back.
              '04 Rexton 4X4 Automatic SUV
              '2014 Toyota Prius (on ULP) - Wife's car

Previous Vehicles:
              '90 Mazda Capella. (2000 - 2003) My first Fatmobile. Converted to fun on veggie oil with a 2 tank setup.
              '80 Mercedes 300D. 2 tank conversion [Sold]
              '84 Mercedes 300D. 1 tank, no conversion. Replaced engine with rebuilt OM617A turbodiesel engine. Finally had good power. Engine donor for W123 coupe. (body parted out and carcass sold for scrap.)
              '85 Mercedes Benz W123 300CD Turbodiesel
              '99 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my darling Wife's car)[sold]
              '98 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my car)[sold]
              '06 Musso Sports Crew Cab well body. [Head gasket blew!]
              '04 Rexton SUV 2.9L Turbodiesel same as Musso - Our Family car.
              '06 Musso sports Crew Cab Trayback - My hack (no air cond, no heater).

Searching the Biofuels Forum using Google
              Adding images and/or documents to your posts

Comment

Working...
              X