Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kia Pregio???

Hello

Looks like i've graduated to the 'using bd section' of this very helpful forum.

I've made my first 20 ltr batch from cottonseed (passes the 27/3 test easily) and I would like to put in my kia pregio. Currently the fuel gauge reads about 60% full of petro-diesel. So that means it would be approx. B30 mix.

I've only found limited info on people using BD in a pregio and one person on this forum said he made mods to his fuel lines or something????

What do you think?? Should I just put it in the tank and stop worrying????

Re: Kia Pregio???

Hello Marcell

I agree with your last statement

Comment

Thanks Tilly

I'm going to give it a go today...

Adding to my worry was when I told my mechanic through the week that I was going to put some BD in my pregio.

His reply was simply 'don't do it'. Upon questoning him further as to why not, he mumbled something about 'no good on older engines' and then admitted he had no experience with BD and 'they' told him it was bad.

Comment

well what happened ???? i want to do the same with my 2003 pregio

Comment

C'mon mate let us know we are all eager to hear about the kia...

Comment

Sorry for the delay,

Thought I should get some km's up before reporting in....

I put 25L in to the tank which filled it so that would make it about a B40 mix I guess.

I've done 500km over the week (still have a third of a tank left, I think that's better milage than normal) and pleased to report absolutely no difference in performance. It might be my imagination, but I swear it runs a bit quieter with the BD, not sure though.

Probably going to use a B50 mix next, will report if your interested?

Marcus

Comment

Good work Marcus. Will be following in your footsteps shortly. I'm just doing a bit more research and will brew some b100 up of my own. Keep up the good work and information, sucesses and dramas. I'm sure you'll be loving the feeling of more cash in your pocket. Richard.

Comment

Originally posted by Richard - kia pregio View Post
                I'm sure you'll be loving the feeling of more cash in your pocket. Richard.
                And with all the rubbish dino (substandard) around you know the quality of the fuel you make.

Comment

ANy updates on this? ANy one else have any other comments about Preggios. I have been offered a cheap one with low K's.
                  Joe Morgan
                  Brisbane Biodiesel Site Admin
                  http://www.brisbanebiodiesel.com

Searching tips using Google - SVO Dual tank systems
                  SVO, Common Rail and Direct Injection - Vehicles converted to Used Cooking Oil

Comment

Hi Jo

I'd recommend a pregio, I've sold mine @230,000kms about 100,000kms of that on BD and was still going strong... has a couple of electrical quirks, like the door bell going off when it rained and stuff, but nothing serious.

I've heard that Kia bought that engine from Mazda, out of the 1995 mazda econovan... not sure how accurate that is.

Cheers
                    Good Luck

Comment

Yes, I posted a month or so about these cars. I did not get any response. My sister in law has one and has moved back to town so is keen to use biodiesel.

Comment

any update on this one Tilly?

how is the sisters Pregio going on Bio ?
                        I really hate the decisions that we all have to go through with car choices. I want something I dont mind running into the ground but also want to be able to collect oil and make some trips down the road.

I might have to do up an old benz or convince the wife to like the look of a musso.

I am hoping to make a trip out west in april next year and want to be a low budget deal. so frustrating.

Michael
                        97 Jeep XJ Cherokee on B100. 0 km's on B100 and counting !!!! (Sold)
                        2002 Merc ML270 now on B100. (Sold)
                        2006 Ssangyong Musso 2.9 t idi (Sold)
                        2015 NP300 Navara ( Sold )
                        2018 NP300 Navara ( B5 )

Stainless processor with blue water pump.
                        Tetragonula Hockingsi

Take the Leap and grow wings on the way down

Comment

Hi Michael,
                          She still has the Perigio but never started using biodiesel with it.

Comment

HI

I have a Kia Pregio 2004. I managed to get 2000 ltres of Vegetable used oil filtered at 5 microns. Will this work without a conversion kit?

Comment

Originally posted by Kiamru View Post
                              HI

I have a Kia Pregio 2004. I managed to get 2000 ltres of Vegetable used oil filtered at 5 microns. Will this work without a conversion kit?

A friend of mine has a Kia Pregio and has used up to 50% veggie oil with diesel.
                              Later we found that the mechanic(???) who serviced the vehicle had not remove the centre fuel filter seal, which had stuck to the filter housing. After doing this 3 times, the vehicle had difficulty running on the veggie blend. While I was not blamed for the fault, I did spend a lot of time getting to him and diagnosing the fault. Once we removed all of the redundant seals (held to the filter by a plastic clip, which did not have the strength to remove the seal when the filter was removed), the engine ran well on the blend.
                              I would recommend that you add a fuel heater prior to the fuel filter, to minimise cold weather performance issues. (cold oil is rather viscous)
                              If you wanted to run 100% veggie oil then I believe that you should install a small start up tank and some fuel changeover valves, operated by a switch on the dash.
                              Life is a journey, with problems to solve, lessons to learn, but most of all, experiences to enjoy.

Current Vehicles in stable:
                              '06 Musso Sports 4X4 Manual Crew Cab tray back.
                              '04 Rexton 4X4 Automatic SUV
                              '2014 Toyota Prius (on ULP) - Wife's car

Previous Vehicles:
                              '90 Mazda Capella. (2000 - 2003) My first Fatmobile. Converted to fun on veggie oil with a 2 tank setup.
                              '80 Mercedes 300D. 2 tank conversion [Sold]
                              '84 Mercedes 300D. 1 tank, no conversion. Replaced engine with rebuilt OM617A turbodiesel engine. Finally had good power. Engine donor for W123 coupe. (body parted out and carcass sold for scrap.)
                              '85 Mercedes Benz W123 300CD Turbodiesel
                              '99 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my darling Wife's car)[sold]
                              '98 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my car)[sold]
                              '06 Musso Sports Crew Cab well body. [Head gasket blew!]
                              '04 Rexton SUV 2.9L Turbodiesel same as Musso - Our Family car.
                              '06 Musso sports Crew Cab Trayback - My hack (no air cond, no heater).

Searching the Biofuels Forum using Google
                              Adding images and/or documents to your posts

Comment

Working...
                              X