Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bio in and around Melbourne

Hi Everyone,

I'm getting a lot of emails on the MBC web site about where to buy bio.

Now I know about SAFF in boronia, Conservo in prahran and of course FINA fuels in thomastown. I've beeen sending most people to FINA because of price and the fact you can get 100%.

I just noticed another place on the map selling b20 down frankston way. SAFF also hav another place in morewell I believe and I have heard rumour of somewhere in KEW. What I would like to do is verify all these places and post them on the website and on the map here. So your help would be appreciated???????

Lets share info so we don't burn dino

Cheers

James

Re: Bio in and around Melbourne

A lot of the Liberty Servos are selling b20 now. only about 4 cents cheaper than dino juice. Its made by Energetix who are owned by smorgans who also own consevo. they are making it in laverton using wvo . Think that is why places lik fina are finding it harder to get wvo.
    Jas.

2006 Vw Polo 1.9 TDI
    75000 km on Bio 100 :)
    :(Sold:(

BA Falcon on e10 at the moment
    looking for flex fuel conversion

1966 VC Valiant 225 slant 6
    Won't run on bio for some reason :rolleyes:

Comment

Which Liberty stations are stocking B20?

Mooroduc Hwy at Baxter does.

The liberty in Warragul road at Moorabin does not.

Are there any others around Frankston or Dandenong?

Comment

Hi.
        I have a surplus of several hundred litres of biodiesel as well as several hundred litres of vegetable oil if anyone wants to take them off my hands.
        I'm in Brunswick and am producing more than I can use.
        Steve

Comment

The Eastern Petroleum depot at Cranbourne has B50. Do not use the bowsers at the office. The B50 bowser is opposite and where they fill the trucks from. Any probs ask George or Maria. Hours are something like 8:00 to 4:30 Monday to Friday and Saturday morning. They are located on at 1439 South Gippsland Hwy service road opposite the racecourse.

I have been filling there for about the last 6 months.

Comment

Liberty on Napier St in Footscray has B20. The only Liberty I've found to stock it in the west or north.

Iain.

Comment

Hi,
              I am new to the forum and very keen to use biodiesel as I have just bought a 1984 Nissan Urvan 2.3 litre diesel. I am a keen cyclist and only want to use the van to go camping etc. I am in Preston and all the posts about where bio is sold are years old so i am a bit lost as to where to find it. Thomastown seems out of business and I can't get any other addresses off the web.
              If any one knows where to get Biodiesel I would very grateful for the info.
              Thanks,
              Hans

Comment

Hi Hans,

If you are happy to go for a bit of a hike, I know they sell it at Green Power Solutions, 9 View St, Upping. I just got a few hundred litres of their tallow biodiesel last week and it's a great brew... maybe about $1.55 per litre? If you go, speak with Peter, or Greg and tell him Steve with the veg oil Landcruiser sent you.

Steve.

Comment

I have a 1989 diesel Mercedes. I am told that it is great car to run on biofuel. I have searched assiduously on the net and then checked out retail biofuel opportunities in the east side of Melbourne. The only option that is current is the servo on the corner of Boronia and Scoresby Rds Boronia. They do B20 at an identical price as dinodiesel. The Liberty servo in Kew only does ethanol based petrol not biodiesel. The Conservo in Prahran apparently disappeared years ago. Finally, the Liberty station on the road out of Frankston doesn't do biodiesel any more either.

Comment

Big steak,
                    Welcome to the forum.
                    The OM603 in your car s a great engine to run on Biodiesel, Used Cooking oil or even on blends of petrol and vegetable oils.
                    My wife's car has run on a blend of petrol and used cooking oil for about 5 years before we purchased it of a friend, and has another 2 years since then on the same blend.
                    Have a look at the Blending sub-forum to read more about using blends.

Regards,
                    Tony
                    Life is a journey, with problems to solve, lessons to learn, but most of all, experiences to enjoy.

Current Vehicles in stable:
                    '06 Musso Sports 4X4 Manual Crew Cab tray back.
                    '04 Rexton 4X4 Automatic SUV
                    '2014 Toyota Prius (on ULP) - Wife's car

Previous Vehicles:
                    '90 Mazda Capella. (2000 - 2003) My first Fatmobile. Converted to fun on veggie oil with a 2 tank setup.
                    '80 Mercedes 300D. 2 tank conversion [Sold]
                    '84 Mercedes 300D. 1 tank, no conversion. Replaced engine with rebuilt OM617A turbodiesel engine. Finally had good power. Engine donor for W123 coupe. (body parted out and carcass sold for scrap.)
                    '85 Mercedes Benz W123 300CD Turbodiesel
                    '99 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my darling Wife's car)[sold]
                    '98 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my car)[sold]
                    '06 Musso Sports Crew Cab well body. [Head gasket blew!]
                    '04 Rexton SUV 2.9L Turbodiesel same as Musso - Our Family car.
                    '06 Musso sports Crew Cab Trayback - My hack (no air cond, no heater).

Searching the Biofuels Forum using Google
                    Adding images and/or documents to your posts

Comment

Hi, my first post here... I've been looking for locations to get biofuel and it seems maxifuels is the only one left around Melbourne doing a 100 percent mix. I realise places have closed because now we pay the same amount iof tax on biofuel. What I want to ask is - is there anyone who wants to share costs on making their own fuel so that I can share the fuel with you?
                      Also has anyone explored setting up a biodiesel cooperative say at Ceres? I know there was a group set up several years ago meeting at Ceres, however this would be making and sharing the fuel.

Dom

Comment

Working...
                      X