Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what are the licences needed to make your own ethanol for your car in WA?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what are the licences needed to make your own ethanol for your car in WA?

I am interested in making some ethanol legaly for use on the Farm.
    What are the "hoops" that I must jump through before I even start building a still?
    Can anyone advise me how hard it is to actually get the appropiate permits/licences and keep them?

Cheers
    Sandman.

Re: what are the licences needed to make your own ethanol for your car in WA?

You would need to contact the Excise people at ATO and discuss with them what you would like to do.

I am not aware of any individual in WA who has successfully been licensed to make reasonable volumes of ethanol for any purpose, let alone specifically for fuel, although it may be easier to get a licence for fuel ethanol as it can be denatured relatively easily by the addition of petrol, as it comes from the still. There may be some corporations which have licenses.
    There would be significant record keeping requirements if you were to be granted a licence, and excise on the fuel may be payable.

Good luck.

Tony
    Tony From West Oz
    Vice Chairperson of WARFA
    Last edited by Tony From West Oz; 12 July 2009, 12:59 AM.
    Life is a journey, with problems to solve, lessons to learn, but most of all, experiences to enjoy.

Current Vehicles in stable:
    '06 Musso Sports 4X4 Manual Crew Cab tray back.
    '04 Rexton 4X4 Automatic SUV
    '2014 Toyota Prius (on ULP) - Wife's car

Previous Vehicles:
    '90 Mazda Capella. (2000 - 2003) My first Fatmobile. Converted to fun on veggie oil with a 2 tank setup.
    '80 Mercedes 300D. 2 tank conversion [Sold]
    '84 Mercedes 300D. 1 tank, no conversion. Replaced engine with rebuilt OM617A turbodiesel engine. Finally had good power. Engine donor for W123 coupe. (body parted out and carcass sold for scrap.)
    '85 Mercedes Benz W123 300CD Turbodiesel
    '99 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my darling Wife's car)[sold]
    '98 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my car)[sold]
    '06 Musso Sports Crew Cab well body. [Head gasket blew!]
    '04 Rexton SUV 2.9L Turbodiesel same as Musso - Our Family car.
    '06 Musso sports Crew Cab Trayback - My hack (no air cond, no heater).

Searching the Biofuels Forum using Google
    Adding images and/or documents to your posts

Comment

It is basically the same process as is involved in registering as a biodiesel manufacturer.

Not surprisingly, the ATO wants its cut, and it wants decent book keeping to make sure you're not slipping some out the back door. There is also a requirement that you allow for any on site inspections that they see fit (but I haven't seen anybody yet!)

I'm thinking of setting up a consultancy to get people past this hurdle, so drop me a line if you're interested.

Comment

Originally posted by Nuciferos View Post
        It is basically the same process as is involved in registering as a biodiesel manufacturer.

Not surprisingly, the ATO wants its cut, and it wants decent book keeping to make sure you're not slipping some out the back door. There is also a requirement that you allow for any on site inspections that they see fit (but I haven't seen anybody yet!)

I'm thinking of setting up a consultancy to get people past this hurdle, so drop me a line if you're interested.
        AND they would require you to have a secure storage location for both the production facility and the bond store for the product.

Regards,
        Tony
        Life is a journey, with problems to solve, lessons to learn, but most of all, experiences to enjoy.

Current Vehicles in stable:
        '06 Musso Sports 4X4 Manual Crew Cab tray back.
        '04 Rexton 4X4 Automatic SUV
        '2014 Toyota Prius (on ULP) - Wife's car

Previous Vehicles:
        '90 Mazda Capella. (2000 - 2003) My first Fatmobile. Converted to fun on veggie oil with a 2 tank setup.
        '80 Mercedes 300D. 2 tank conversion [Sold]
        '84 Mercedes 300D. 1 tank, no conversion. Replaced engine with rebuilt OM617A turbodiesel engine. Finally had good power. Engine donor for W123 coupe. (body parted out and carcass sold for scrap.)
        '85 Mercedes Benz W123 300CD Turbodiesel
        '99 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my darling Wife's car)[sold]
        '98 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my car)[sold]
        '06 Musso Sports Crew Cab well body. [Head gasket blew!]
        '04 Rexton SUV 2.9L Turbodiesel same as Musso - Our Family car.
        '06 Musso sports Crew Cab Trayback - My hack (no air cond, no heater).

Searching the Biofuels Forum using Google
        Adding images and/or documents to your posts

Comment

The process is more tedious than difficult. Start by having a look at the ATO web site, they have all of the info and forms to do it.

You will also need to form your own company, not difficult or expensive either.

Alternately, I can do it all for you for a reasonable price.

Comment

Working...
          X