X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the product Diesel Power?

Is it biodiesel by any chance?

I ask because my mechanic said that it would strip away all the junk in the tank and hoses and injectors.

Even if it is not, it could be a good way of getting an old system clean for biodiesel I would think?

George
    gwalker
    Last edited by gwalker; 28 August 2006, 08:30 PM.

Re: What is the product Diesel Power?

If you want to get an old system clean just use B100 you will be sweet it will become clean.

Make sure you have a spare filter with you and know how to change it if you need to while you are out driving just to be safe rather than sorry.
    Dave

Comment

Hello gwalker

Please provide a URL to Diesel Power.

Tilly

Comment

Originally posted by tillyfromparadise
        Hello gwalker

Please provide a URL to Diesel Power.

Tilly
        Diesel Power is made by ChemTech and was recommended by my mechanic as worth adding to each diesel tank. The url is below:

http://www.apchem.com.au/HTML/CPD/Ve...Additives.html

Comment

Hello george

Well, it appears that ChemTech makes "Diesel Power" and Marine Diesel Power"

You will notice it says that 1 litre treats 4000 litres of diesel. If I am not mistaken, that workes out to less than 0.3ml per litre of fuel. It must be pretty powerful stuff.
          It also is said to remove water from the fuel which suggests it contains alcohol.
          It is said to be pH neutral which suggests it is water based.
          What do you think 0.25ml of a water based substance containing alcohol will do to a litre of Diesel fuel?

How much does it cost?

Tilly

PS, to see the MSDS you have to fill out a request form. Perhaps someone would like to try and get the MSDS

PPS I have noticed that mechanics are often not the most insightful people in the world
          tillyfromparadise
          Last edited by tillyfromparadise; 28 August 2006, 11:35 PM.

Comment

Hello george

Well, it appears that ChemTech makes "Diesel Power" and Marine Diesel Power"

You will notice it says that 1 litre treats 4000 litres of diesel. If I am not mistaken, that workes out to less than 0.3ml per litre of fuel. It must be pretty powerful stuff.
            It also is said to remove water from the fuel which suggests it contains alcohol.
            It is said to be pH neutral which suggests it is water based.
            What do you think 0.25ml of a water based substance containing alcohol will do to a litre of Diesel fuel?

How much does it cost?

Tilly

PS, to see the MSDS you have to fill out a request form. Perhaps someone would like to try and get the MSDS

PPS I have noticed that mechanics are often not the most insightful people in the world
            How much does it cost? I think about $7.95 for about .5L
            It is on the shelves of most service stations.

Comment

We have discussed this in the Sydney forum before when talking about biocides.
              I once had what may have been some bugs growing on a drum pipe that I left in a drum of bio. See post here, which shows photos of a bottle of "diesel power". I'll never really know what caused it, as I was unable to duplicate it. I had left the pipe from my handpump in a drum of biodiesel for a week or two, exposed to air, as the bung was off to take the handpump.
              After I took the pipe out and put the bung back in, I also added some algecide/biocide, which happened to be "diesel power". I did not really do a proper scientific study, but if it really was bugs that were growing on the pipe, I was unable to get them to happen again on the same pipe after the product was added (scroll down to post #6 in this thread).
              This product was the only one that I was able to find at my local auto parts shop that claimed to contain biocide. Dunno if it is true or not, but in my feeble anecdotal tests, it seems to be.
              It costs less than $10 for a bottle. At one point I would try to add a bit of it to every drum, but I still have half a bottle unused and I don't really bother these days. For the amount it claims to treat, it is pretty cheap. There seem to be loads of products like it that many diesel folk seem to love.
              As to whether they are a scam or not, I guess out prime de-scammer, Tilly would be best qualified to debunk this, but I guess it could be just as hard to disprove as it would be to prove.
              Robert.
              Site Admin.

Comment

Diesel Power and Marine Diesel Power are made in Australia

I can find no meaningful test results or much of any information on the internet about this product.
                The MSDS is not made public.
                I have seen many people who really believe the Fitch Fuel Catalyser, fuel line magnets , hyclones and every other type of fuel scam nonsence imaginable makes a "Huge" difference in how their car runs even though scientific testing shows there is none.

In this case we have a "Wonder Product" that is said to:
                "1. Have an upper cylinder lubricant that helps combat low sulpher fuel
                2. Added biocides prevents and kills algae and bacteria in fuel lines and storage containers.
                3. Improves fuel economy and boosts engine performance
                4. Reduces diesel smoke
                5. Dispenses and absorbes moisture in the fuel allowing it to be harmlessly burnt off
                6. Cleans injectors and fuel lines, prolonging filter life
                7. Disolves gums, varnishes and wax build up in the fuel system.
                8. Decarbonises combustion chamber
                9. Prevents fuel from waxing up or increasing viscosity in cold climates. 10. Reduces wear and tear on fuel pumps.

And all of this with only 5 drops of Magic potion per litre of diesel.

My immediate reaction was that this is a joke.
                After careful reflection I have not changed my mind.
                However, if it makes you feel better to have a magic product in your fuel tank this one is probably as cheap as any of the other Magic Products for sale.

But the offer still stands, Just send me the price of a bottle of this stuff and I will say a Mass on behalf of your car's fuel economy.

Tilly
                tillyfromparadise
                Last edited by tillyfromparadise; 29 August 2006, 02:21 PM.

Comment

Diesel Power and Marine Diesel Power are made in Australia

I can find no meaningful test results or much of any information on the internet about this product.
                  The MSDS is not made public.
                  I have seen many people who really believe the Fitch Fuel Catalyser, fuel line magnets , hyclones and every other type of fuel scam nonsence imaginable makes a "Huge" difference in how their car runs even though scientific testing shows there is none.

In this case we have a "Wonder Product" that is said to:
                  "1. Have an upper cylinder lubricant that helps combat low sulpher fuel
                  2. Added biocides prevents and kills algae and bacteria in fuel lines and storage containers.
                  3. Improves fuel economy and boosts engine performance
                  4. Reduces diesel smoke
                  5. Dispenses and absorbes moisture in the fuel allowing it to be harmlessly burnt off
                  6. Cleans injectors and fuel lines, prolonging filter life
                  7. Disolves gums, varnishes and wax build up in the fuel system.
                  8. Decarbonises combustion chamber
                  9. Prevents fuel from waxing up or increasing viscosity in cold climates. 10. Reduces wear and tear on fuel pumps.

And all of this with only 5 drops of Magic potion per litre of diesel.

My immediate reaction was that this is a joke.
                  After careful reflection I have not changed my mind.
                  However, if it makes you feel better to have a magic product in your fuel tank this one is probably as cheap as any of the other Magic Products for sale.

But the offer still stands, Just send me the price of a bottle of this stuff and I will say a Mass on behalf of your car's fuel economy.

Tilly
                  Tilly, I was just given a new bottle of this stuff so I plan to test it out. Can you say that mass for me?

All seems a little too good to be true, but since I was given it for free I suppose I cannot complain....

Cya

Milhouse

Comment

Originally posted by Milhouse
                    Tilly, I was just given a new bottle of this stuff so I plan to test it out. Can you say that mass for me?

All seems a little too good to be true, but since I was given it for free I suppose I cannot complain....
                    Cya
                    Milhouse
                    ...but isn't it specifically for dinodiesel and not the good oil?

Comment

And remember

The recommended dosage is 5- 6 drops per litre of diesel.
                      You will need to get an eyedropper.

Tilly

Comment

Ok, so if this product is a scam, are there any products out there that can be added to diesel or biodiesel to prevent algal growths? I first bought this product as I was looking for a biocide (and it was cheap). I had been recommended to use something if I was planning on storing the fuel. This was the only one I could find that claimed to have biocide in it. What are your thoughts on this?
                        I admit, I really would like to actually do a study of this and see if a sample of fuel can grow bugs next to a sample of the same fuel with a biocide added to it. If anyone has any suggestions on the best way to do this, or has done it themselves, I'd like to know.
                        I have heard many stories of diesel bugs causing horrible growths in people's tanks. Are these all false or is there some truth in it? I'm not suggesting that magnets or magic potions are the cure for them, but do they really exist and if so, what sensibly can be done about them?
                        Robert.
                        Site Admin.

Comment

Originally posted by Robert
                          Ok, so if this product is a scam, are there any products out there that can be added to diesel or biodiesel to prevent algal growths? I first bought this product as I was looking for a biocide (and it was cheap). I had been recommended to use something if I was planning on storing the fuel. This was the only one I could find that claimed to have biocide in it. What are your thoughts on this?
                          I admit, I really would like to actually do a study of this and see if a sample of fuel can grow bugs next to a sample of the same fuel with a biocide added to it. If anyone has any suggestions on the best way to do this, or has done it themselves, I'd like to know.
                          I have heard many stories of diesel bugs causing horrible growths in people's tanks. Are these all false or is there some truth in it? I'm not suggesting that magnets or magic potions are the cure for them, but do they really exist and if so, what sensibly can be done about them?
                          I have read somewhere that the Fitch Catalyst can prevent algae growth in biodiesel. I have no means of validating this as I have no access to this fuel.

But you guys do.

I sent Chris on this forum a Fitch pellet for some of his own miniature-scale tests. If you can get the pellet from him, it'll cost you nothing to test the Fitch on a small quantity of biodiesel.

Let me know how it goes.

Comment

Woah! Before we start talking about the fitch again, let's please talk about algae first. I don't want to steer off couse talking about this again - it will go on forever. Let's just try to keep a sensible discussion on algal growth in fuel and if chemical biocides are effective or not. If anyone wants to discuss this, please do, but not the fitch again.
                            Robert.
                            Site Admin.

Comment

I have not seen algae first hand but I do know and work with one who has had it in B100. He started getting fuel filter issues after using bio for a number of years. Upon investigation his filler neck had what appeared to be a brown substance on it. He used mineral diesel and some algaecide too keep it away.

It lives in the interface between mineral diesel and any water that may be present. In biodiesel I believe it can exists throughout the entire fuel medium, ie in the bio as it can hold water and is a natural product not harmful to it.

Only my expereince.
                              Matt
                              Biodiesel Bandit

Landcruiser '98 80 series B100.

Comment

Working...
                              X