No announcement yet.

Anyone have experience with this pump?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone have experience with this pump?

Hi Everyone,

I have just finished a long trip refueling with my own biodiesel. I am looking at buying a "spare" pump just in case something goes wrong during a trip.

This pump is less than half the price I paid for the pump I now use and was not available when I bought my current pump.
    It "looks" as good as the one I now use.
    Does anyone have any experience with it?

https://www.ebay.com.au/p/12v-DC-Ele....c100005.m1851

Re: Anyone have experience with this pump?

Quick update

I just ordered this pump for $34.99 including postage.
    I will give a further update after it arrives.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/12V-DC-O...-/232617965646

Comment

Ive got 2 of them one for transferring bio, and one for moving WVO They work well but the switch on the back has burnt out, I just replaced it with a better switch. They will pump WVO as long as its not too thick.

Comment

Tilly, I just found one for $32.39 with local stock and 1 week delivery. They look good and I look forward to more easily moving my oil.
        Thanks for sharing.
        Life is a journey, with problems to solve, lessons to learn, but most of all, experiences to enjoy.

Current Vehicles in stable:
        '06 Musso Sports 4X4 Manual Crew Cab tray back.
        '04 Rexton 4X4 Automatic SUV
        '2014 Toyota Prius (on ULP) - Wife's car

Previous Vehicles:
        '90 Mazda Capella. (2000 - 2003) My first Fatmobile. Converted to fun on veggie oil with a 2 tank setup.
        '80 Mercedes 300D. 2 tank conversion [Sold]
        '84 Mercedes 300D. 1 tank, no conversion. Replaced engine with rebuilt OM617A turbodiesel engine. Finally had good power. Engine donor for W123 coupe. (body parted out and carcass sold for scrap.)
        '85 Mercedes Benz W123 300CD Turbodiesel
        '99 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my darling Wife's car)[sold]
        '98 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my car)[sold]
        '06 Musso Sports Crew Cab well body. [Head gasket blew!]
        '04 Rexton SUV 2.9L Turbodiesel same as Musso - Our Family car.
        '06 Musso sports Crew Cab Trayback - My hack (no air cond, no heater).

Searching the Biofuels Forum using Google
        Adding images and/or documents to your posts

Comment

That looks good - I will add it to my eBay watch list for when my existing 600W water tank pump finally dies. It has been going strong for 5 years now, but seems to struggle a bit on colder days when the WVO is more viscous.
          3DB
          1995 Holden (Isuzu) Rodeo 2.8TD 4X4 - B100 since April 2013
          1976 Mercedes 300D Turbo 'The Coal Grenade' - B100 since May 2016 - SOLD
          1994 Peugeot 405 SRDT 1.9L intercooled turbo diesel (Shitbox Rally car.) - B100 since August 2019 - SOLD
          @thirddegreeburns on Instagram
          @thirddegreeburns2019 on Facebook

Comment

I bought one that looks the same even came with Bowser type dispenser nozzle about 10 years ago, for $120 But it died after a couple of years or less. I did not use it all that much , just to pump biodiesel to the header tank t0 gravity feed to car. The motor was fine but the plastic rotor/vane just broke.

I bought a little 12v submersible pump for less than $20 which fitted into 2" opening for my 20 lt drums for trips. It was great when it was going,but it broke in the same way after little use, but it was after I pumped petrol out of a fuel tank. But the petrol thing may have been a coincidence.

I have just recently bought this one with brass impeller (that's the word I was looking for) which should never break. ($90):
            https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Gear-Oil...72.m2749.l2649

Comment

I just burnt out the motor in one that I bought last year, sucking up WVO. I pulled it apart and the armature was quite different to another one I had, that looks identical from the outside. It had hardly any copper windings Im surprised it worked at all. The other pump vanes had failed when it sucked up some grit so I swapped the vanes over and it works all good now.
              So it looks like its a bit of a lucky dip with those ebay pumps, the third pump i bought several years ago is still going strong pumping Bio.

Comment

The gear pump is the better pump. Mine has lasted for at least 8 years. The o ring between the motor and pump will clap out and let oil into the electric motor. Take new pump apart and drill a 5mm hole through the bottom of the body, when you see oil weeping out replace the O ring. Also replace the 10 mm hose spigots with 12.7mm ones. I have a reversing switch on mine so if something blocks it I can reverse the flow instantly. With a clear suction hose you can stop dregs water or thick oil before it comes out the delivery.
                Johnnojack
                4WD Isuzu Jackaroo 3.1 200000km on WVO,(2020) 2 tank home built system 6 solenoids FPHE, heated filter fuel line and tank pickup for thicker oil. Mk. 9 version now and no changes planned as trouble free.
                Mercedes W201 190D 1986 model: 2 tank system, bigger fuel line from tank, no heat exchanger, electric pump for diesel 22000km so far sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the advice Johnno! I am just re venturing into SVO after years of Bio.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnnojack View Post
                    The gear pump is the better pump. Mine has lasted for at least 8 years. The o ring between the motor and pump will clap out and let oil into the electric motor. Take new pump apart and drill a 5mm hole through the bottom of the body, when you see oil weeping out replace the O ring. Also replace the 10 mm hose spigots with 12.7mm ones. I have a reversing switch on mine so if something blocks it I can reverse the flow instantly. With a clear suction hose you can stop dregs water or thick oil before it comes out the delivery.
                    The part number for the replacement shaft oil seal is OM818-7-DL
                    I purchased mine from TRANSEALS in Welshpool WA.
                    Life is a journey, with problems to solve, lessons to learn, but most of all, experiences to enjoy.

Current Vehicles in stable:
                    '06 Musso Sports 4X4 Manual Crew Cab tray back.
                    '04 Rexton 4X4 Automatic SUV
                    '2014 Toyota Prius (on ULP) - Wife's car

Previous Vehicles:
                    '90 Mazda Capella. (2000 - 2003) My first Fatmobile. Converted to fun on veggie oil with a 2 tank setup.
                    '80 Mercedes 300D. 2 tank conversion [Sold]
                    '84 Mercedes 300D. 1 tank, no conversion. Replaced engine with rebuilt OM617A turbodiesel engine. Finally had good power. Engine donor for W123 coupe. (body parted out and carcass sold for scrap.)
                    '85 Mercedes Benz W123 300CD Turbodiesel
                    '99 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my darling Wife's car)[sold]
                    '98 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my car)[sold]
                    '06 Musso Sports Crew Cab well body. [Head gasket blew!]
                    '04 Rexton SUV 2.9L Turbodiesel same as Musso - Our Family car.
                    '06 Musso sports Crew Cab Trayback - My hack (no air cond, no heater).

Searching the Biofuels Forum using Google
                    Adding images and/or documents to your posts

Comment

Working...
                    X