Aluminium Tanks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aluminium Tanks

Does anyone know offhand how Bio made with sodium Hydroxide reacts with an aluminium fuel tank? Have been offered a free drop tank to replace the standard tank and I am assuming it will be fine but not sure.

Re: Aluminium Tanks

Hi Stanno,

I have had several aluminium tanks in vehicles and am using a 1000l custom aluminium tank as storage at present. None have shown any signs of "not liking bio". mind you I wash my bio and use potassium, but I take it that sodium or potassium makes no difference to aluminium. ( calling all professional chemists on this forum :-) )
    1990 Toyota Hilux LN106 with ATG 2 tank system (sold after running 150.000 ks on mainly WVO)

1993 Toyota 75 Series with 1 HDT conversion, 75l factory tank and a custom 170l under tray tank. (Retired with 680.000ks on the clock mostly running on BIO and on WVO)

2006 Landcruiser Troopcarrier 1HZ with DTS Turbo Kit, 170ltr long range tank currently not converted, running on B100

"him who never made a mistake, made no discovery either"

Comment

I agree, should be no issues with aluminium. I have an aluminium tank on my vehicle for oil. You might be reassured by the fact that the body of most injection pumps are made from aluminium.
      Johnnojack
      4WD Isuzu Jackaroo 3.1 200000km on WVO,(2020) 2 tank home built system 6 solenoids FPHE, heated filter fuel line and tank pickup for thicker oil. Mk. 9 version now and no changes planned as trouble free.
      Mercedes W201 190D 1986 model: 2 tank system, bigger fuel line from tank, no heat exchanger, electric pump for diesel 22000km so far sigpic

Comment

thought as much and thanks for comments

Comment

Working...
        X