Overfilled with engine oil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overfilled with engine oil

Hi everyone, I have accidentally overfilled my Hilux Surf (KZN185))with engine oil quite a bit (my eyesight is getting bad), when starting up it was smoking baldy so it was only driven a few meters. I have removed the excess oil, but since then it would not start. It seems to complain about oil pressure(engine check light and oil pressure light comes on and it makes a clicking sound when the starter is running. I have then dumped all the engine oil, even replaced the filter as well and put in a new filter and filled it up properly with new oil, but it would not start up. I checked the computer code and it comes up with error 14, which is:

IGNITION SIGNAL--NO "IGF" SIGNAL TO ECU
    --IGNITER/IGNITER CIRCUIT
    --IGNITER AND IGNITION COIL/CIRCUIT
    --ECU

Any ideas what may be wrong?
    Thanks a lot.

Re: Overfilled with engine oil

Don't know what the computers problem is. I doubt you did any damage as the engine didn't runaway, did it? Try disconnecting the battery for 10 minutes and go again
    Johnnojack
    4WD Isuzu Jackaroo 3.1 200000km on WVO,(2020) 2 tank home built system 6 solenoids FPHE, heated filter fuel line and tank pickup for thicker oil. Mk. 9 version now and no changes planned as trouble free.
    Mercedes W201 190D 1986 model: 2 tank system, bigger fuel line from tank, no heat exchanger, electric pump for diesel 22000km so far sigpic

Comment

Re: Overfilled with engine oil

Originally posted by Johnnojack View Post
      Don't know what the computers problem is. I doubt you did any damage as the engine didn't runaway, did it? Try disconnecting the battery for 10 minutes and go again

Thanks, looks like the battery got low as well while trying, I had an alarm system put in years ago as otherwise no one would insure it. It seems that when the the voltage is low, the alarm system does not work properly and it does not let the car start. I replaced the battery and it starts fine now, it is still blowing a bit of white smoke, but it must be some residual motor oil somewhere, hopefully will burn out after a bit of driving. And yes, the engine did not run away.

Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
      X